The Poznan WTF

"The Poznan" one of the most cringeworthy things I have ever seen! Fair play to United and FC they actually come out with some original songs which other teams have stolen (including Accy Stanley) but City doing "the Poznan" is embarassing. If I was an away fan at any other club in the country and I saw the other teams fans doing that I would find it highly amusing, ridiculous and embarassing, so to see OAFC doing it would be exactly the same. Also singing We Are the Oldham well do what we want is pathetic I hope to god this doesnt pick up. The kids only know these stupid copycat tricks because they dont see anything original from OAFC, the only song I can think of being exclusive to OAFC is Zigazaga and thats very rarely sung nowadays. You should take pride in your team being unique, not copying every other teams banter (especially when its sh*t like Citys)!

"The Poznan" one of the most cringeworthy things I have ever seen! Fair play to United and FC they actually come out with some original songs which other teams have stolen (including Accy Stanley) but City doing "the Poznan" is embarassing. If I was an away fan at any other club in the country and I saw the other teams fans doing that I would find it highly amusing, ridiculous and embarassing, so to see OAFC doing it would be exactly the same. Also singing We Are the Oldham well do what we want is pathetic I hope to god this doesnt pick up. The kids only know these stupid copycat tricks because they dont see anything original from OAFC, the only song I can think of being exclusive to OAFC is Zigazaga and thats very rarely sung nowadays. You should take pride in your team being unique, not copying every other teams banter (especially when its sh*t like Citys)!

what teams nowadays are unique when it comes to chants ?

it was city fans doing it.They go latics when city aren't playing. Their money is as good as anybodies though. Why are people on here so determined to alien people who go latics games? Can we afford that luxury?

I just think it's ridiculous to chant about hating a club one minute, then steal a chant off them the next. Same with using scum chants.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

I've heard the following songs this season which are original but my guess is that most people find these chants crap and would rather sing some Soccer AM style unoriginal song:

They seek him here, they seek him there

from Boundary Park, to Exeter

But you will always find him, behind

the goal at the Chaddy End

Cos he's a dedicated Oldham

Oh yes he is, Oh yes he is.............

If you want to go to Heaven when you die

you must wear an Oldham shirt and Oldham tie

don't forget to wear a Bonnet, with written "**** the Dale" on it

if you want to go to heaven when you die

but I like them

I've heard the following songs this season which are original but my guess is that most people find these chants crap and would rather sing some Soccer AM style unoriginal song:

but I like them

I had the copyright on the first one. :D

but I like them

The Second is nicked of Man Ure.

http://fanchants.com/football-songs/manchester_united-chants/if-you-want-to-go/

We need a witty chant to slag the Dale off, because 'F*ck the Dale' get's boring after the 30th or so verse.

I quite like the first one but how would we get it started off?

The Second is nicked of Man Ure.

http://fanchants.com/football-songs/manchester_united-chants/if-you-want-to-go/

We need a witty chant to slag the Dale off, because 'F*ck the Dale' get's boring after the 30th or so verse.

I quite like the first one but how would we get it started off?

do they ever sing it though?

the most obvious way to start I chant I guess, get a group of about 10 of you, go to an away match where there are hardly any fans and get blind drunk. A bit like when I got the TITS chant going at Plymouth I had been drinking since about 8am, it wasn't the same at Notts County because there were more fans there plus I was more sober

There's nothing new under the sun, certainly as far as chants goes. The tune, or the basis of the theme, or stealing off a Methodist hynm, or the basis of the pun on a certain player. Just keep trying to think of one that that make us piss ourselves and maybe some others will copy it.