always liked Jones at Hartlepool and he looked steady playing out right start the season

However it looks like him and Dickov fell out at some point , looks like he didnt have the right attitude for Dickov

Good luck Ritchie im sure you will go on and yet again prove our fans wrong

always liked Jones at Hartlepool and he looked steady playing out right start the season

However it looks like him and Dickov fell out at some point , looks like he didnt have the right attitude for Dickov

Good luck Ritchie im sure you will go on and yet again prove our fans wrong

What, have the fans released him then? :blink:

Never got a run with other players ahead of him but squaring up to Taylor and storming out at Yeovil can't have helped him

you can see why he snapped but he went about it the wrong way, Mantom was a joke of a signing when Jones could have easily played there, I thought the same with Lowe but Lowe looked very good . Jones should have just got his head down trained hard and got on with it.

oh well

His agent has obviously been busy spinning bull:censored: to the media then.

There is no way in hell he was offered a deal by Latics. Why would a club operating on a shoestring offer a contract extension to a senior pro who so very obviously wasn't at all fancied by the management?

And Championship clubs??? Give me a break! :blink:

There is no way in hell he was offered a deal by Latics. Why would a club operating on a shoestring offer a contract extension to a senior pro who so very obviously wasn't at all fancied by the management?

/\ This.

Getting his defence in first I'd say. After his disicpline issues & being overlooked for Mantom; then Lowe (and I guess Winchester & Burns too) I really can't see us (PD / the club) offering to take up the 2nd year option.

Championship? Hmmm. Can't see it; but stranger signings have happened. He's a decent player; far from the ':censored:' tag he seemed to win from a section of the fans, but L1 rather than Champ I'd say.

Ah well, next.

Exactly.

Had high hopes for Jones but ultimately he was disappointing. Good luck wherever you end up Richie.

He's not the worst player ever to wear the shirt bit as I wrote in my season review, the fact he's tagged a bit of a 'Jack of all Trades' - master of none - this has obviously affected his ability to play where he wants too, both here and at Hartlepool. He is destined to join the long list of Old Trafford graduates that become jobbing journeymen…

When you are being overlooked for teenagers, the writing is on the wall...

/\ This.

Getting his defence in first I'd say. After his disicpline issues & being overlooked for Mantom; then Lowe (and I guess Winchester & Burns too) I really can't see us (PD / the club) offering to take up the 2nd year option.

Championship? Hmmm. Can't see it; but stranger signings have happened. He's a decent player; far from the ':censored:' tag he seemed to win from a section of the fans, but L1 rather than Champ I'd say.

Ah well, next.

totally agree Sly !

Championship clubs? His agent is dreaming….he'll end up somewhere like Dale, although Shez collects midfielders and likes our rejects….

just read the sky article ,

there is no way Dickov wanted to keep him , he would have played him ahead of loan signings and youth if he wanted him !!

/\ This.

Ah well, next.

I think the lad has ability, I'm just not sure of his application. Never seemed to want to get stuck in when the going was tough.