Keith Hill given permission to speak to Barnsley

apparently, hill has said he might not go because he's got his own team at dale. i think if he does go, dale will struggle unless they get an equally good manager back. hill and flitcroft are the reason they have done so well recently so they mught be heading back down

apparently, hill has said he might not go because he's got his own team at dale. i think if he does go, dale will struggle unless they get an equally good manager back. hill and flitcroft are the reason they have done so well recently so they mught be heading back down

It is with great reluctance that the Rochdale board of directors have given their permission to Barnsley to speak to Keith and in doing so the board of directors honour the agreement that they have with Keith. (which might mean he wants to go!)

Edited by boboafc

It is with great reluctance that the Rochdale board of directors have given their permission to Barnsley to speak to Keith and in doing so the board of directors honour the agreement that they have with Keith. (which might mean he wants to go!)

He has spit his dummy out of the pram many times about Rochdale's budget

why?

they might get a better manager

Yep, best part of 30 goals they need to replace

and maybe a management team who are/were part of the most successful part of their history. i heard robins might go there if hill does leave which might make up for it but they'll still be a big loss

Yes they lost Dawson, but got a lot more than we'd have got for him (much more than he's worth). They have a board who seem to know how to do a deal and will do doubt get a decent whack for hill if he goes.

With the players they have, one or two additions paid for by said money - no reason why they can't have a decent season again. Maybe not as good as this, but they could do alright. And that's assuming hill goes. He might not.

I'm more worried about ourselves than what Rochdale are up to.

Replacing Dawson, Jones, Hill and Flitcroft should be too much for a team with their budget. Also rumours of interest in COG and others won't go down too well either, they won't get Robins he left Barnsley because of budget issues. He more likely to turf up at Sheffield United.

Rochdale will be fly down the league if they lose jones hill and his assistant plus they have already lost dawson. CHEERIO dale :grin:

dont be so sure , everyone said they would be relegated by Christmas last year and they proved everyone wrong.

no wonder they call us arrogant

But they would have still had to pay compo? Surely the 'cheap' option would be an internal promotion or a free agent?

I think by cheap option Barnsley thought they could get him on wages lower than what other candidates might expect, given the fact Hill is at Rochdale on 50p and a Mars bar a week.

I think by cheap option Barnsley thought they could get him on wages lower than what other candidates might expect, given the fact Hill is at Rochdale on 50p and a Mars bar a week.

Fair point

Barnsley are cutting back big time though, so whoever goes there is going to have a thankless task.

Would expect to see them back in this league soon