Success stories this season

Brighton - had their ground taken away from them - now they're moving into a new stadium with 18,000 season tickets sold to watch Championship Football

AFC Wimbledon - had their club taken away from them - 9 years later they are a Football League club and one Division below the club who was stolen from them

Man City (as much as some on here hate them) - 35 years without a trophy coming to an end as they won the FA Cup

Blackpool - the smallest Premier League budget are one win away from safety

AFC Bournemouth - on a shoestring budget and losing two of their best players and thei manager were only minutes away from a play-off final

Norwich City - back to back promotions from League 1 to the Prem

it's a message of hope to those on here who have been negative and adamant that the end is nigh that for any club sometimes things can turn around and this is the reason why we all love Football and we must always remember this

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Brighton - had their ground taken away from them - now they're moving into a new stadium with 18,000 season tickets sold to watch Championship Football

AFC Wimbledon - had their club taken away from them - 9 years later they are a Football League club and one Division below the club who was stolen from them

Man City (as much as some on here hate them) - 35 years without a trophy coming to an end as they won the FA Cup

AFC Bournemouth - on a shoestring budget and losing two of their best players and thei manager were only minutes away from a play-off final

it's a message of hope to those on here who have been negative and adamant that the end is nigh that for any club sometimes things can turn around and this is the reason why we all love Football and we must always remember this

Holloway said in an interview (yesterday, I think) they Blackpool's budget was the smallest ever in Premier League history. Wonder if that's actually true. I'd like to see how our budget was for our first season there compares.

Holloway said in an interview (yesterday, I think) they Blackpool's budget was the smallest ever in Premier League history. Wonder if that's actually true. I'd like to see how our budget was for our first season there compares.

Total bull:censored:, but maybe the smallest relatively speaking.

Rubbish. We are Doomed, Doomed I tell ye!!

Excellent post.

We just all have to pull together.

but the majority of those clubs have been invested in...sorry to rain on the parade...

Indeed.

Blackpool (invested in at the start and will probably go down anyway), City, Brighton and relative to their position Wimbledon have spent their way up.

Norwich are in the position they should be (between division 1 and 2).

We'll se how Bournemouth fair next year. My guess is they'll be contending with us at the wrong end of the table.

I'm afraid, money talks. We have none and are destined for things in the opposite direction. Some new grounds and cheaper entrance if that helps?

Wasnt it reported not that long ago that norwich are in big debt ?

also how have bournmouth been invested in ? 2 transfer embargos threat of admin etc :blink:

Also according the the dons manager they have not had the funds http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13486914.stm

They (Wimbledon) haven't spent like the heart warming example of Crawley, but they have fan power enough not to be anything poor in that division. I'm still just very happy that 'massive' Luton stayed down.

I don't think we are doubting that these teams have done well, but they haven't done it on nothing. The nearest to it are Bournemouth and they didn't win :censored:. They are in the same position as us come the end.

Wasnt it reported not that long ago that norwich are in big debt ?

also how have bournmouth been invested in ? 2 transfer embargos threat of admin etc :blink:

Also according the the dons manager they have not had the funds http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13486914.stm

read my post again....take note of the word 'majority'

I think you can claim Rochdale and Accy Stan as success stories. 2 of the smallest teams in the league have had very good seasons. I know Dale ain't well liked on here but they have exceeded expectations