stadium news new stand ?

was delivering building supplies to the site at the rear of the chaddy and was told by the site manager that the chaddy and the lookers will be replaced with a new stand in two years time & surveying has taken place now weather this is bollox i dont know make of it what you will ?

was delivering building supplies to the site at the rear of the chaddy and was told by the site manager that the chaddy and the lookers will be replaced with a new stand in two years time & surveying has taken place now weather this is bollox i dont know make of it what you will ?

kaskenmoor and gas works

Fingers crossed

Have fingers crossed for kaskenmoor and/or the gasworks, or a new site elsewhere.

Regardless of whether fans were for or against Failsworth, no one can deny we were continually told by the club

- Staying at Boundary Park isn't viable

- Failsworth is the only viable site

- No plan B

Yet when Failsworth went tits up, we were told there were 'alternative options'? People can make of that what they want but I will certainly find it hard to take seriously anything that we are told by the club regarding a new stadium. My guess is any plans will hjave been downsized again, meaning that we no longer need a 30 acre site, thus opening up a few other potential sites.

If they do end up staying at Boundary Park (which I seriously doubt), after being continually told it is not viable, then any shred of credibility the club have left re this whole sorry scenario will be well and truly gone in my eyes.

I would personally rather with the ground situation, they silent until they have a site and a set of plans that are viable, fully costed, with the homework on the area/site/potential objections done properly, rather than have another Failsworth, not do the homework properly on the site leading to another situation which drags on and on and on.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I won't believe anything about new stands/ stadium until it is buit. Failsworth was only option they said. Months later failsworth fails, and suddenly other sites being considered. They say we need 30 acres, but the original BP re-development by TTA was on a 21 acre site..

I won't believe anything about new stands/ stadium until it is buit. Failsworth was only option they said. Months later failsworth fails, and suddenly other sites being considered. They say we need 30 acres, but the original BP re-development by TTA was on a 21 acre site..

For what they wanted to do at failsworth, they did need a 30 acre site.

However, they also said that there was no plan b, then all of a sudden they are looking at other sites, so your point is still valid re their credibility. I am guessing now that any future plans will be on a much smaller scale than failsworth, hence a 30 acre site won't be needed. My guess is the plans will be for a 10k seater stadium ala chesterfield with facilities incorporated into the stadium.

Have fingers crossed for kaskenmoor and/or the gasworks, or a new site elsewhere.

Regardless of whether fans were for or against Failsworth, no one can deny we were continually told by the club

- Staying at Boundary Park isn't viable Don't be so sure….

- Failsworth is the only viable site

- No plan B

Yet when Failsworth went tits up, we were told there were 'alternative options'? People can make of that what they want but I will certainly find it hard to take seriously anything that we are told by the club regarding a new stadium. My guess is any plans will hjave been downsized again, meaning that we no longer need a 30 acre site, thus opening up a few other potential sites.

If they do end up staying at Boundary Park (which I seriously doubt), after being continually told it is not viable, then any shred of credibility the club have left re this whole sorry scenario will be well and truly gone in my eyes.

I would personally rather with the ground situation, they silent until they have a site and a set of plans that are viable, fully costed, with the homework on the area/site/potential objections done properly, rather than have another Failsworth, not do the homework properly on the site leading to another situation which drags on and on and on.

Prozac read the sentence above it

"Regardless of whether fans were for or against Failsworth, no one can deny we were continually told by the club"

In that post wasn't expressing peronal opinion, just what the club were telling us.

Although coincidentally I y don't think its viable to stay at Boundary Park if we want to make sustainable progress.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I have got to the stage now where I don't want to know anything until the foundations have been dug and the first brick placed.

But I honestly believe that without a 20-30 acre site, without the football pitches, pubs, hotel, gym, lap dancing club, crack house and conference facilities then we will always be a struggling to keep our heads above water, to be successful we need a 7 day a week income. Maybe i actually believed the hype, but I believe rebuilding on BP without the extra facilities would be a death sentence.

I have got to the stage now where I don't want to know anything until the foundations have been dug and the first brick placed.

But I honestly believe that without a 20-30 acre site, without the football pitches, pubs, hotel, gym, lap dancing club, crack house and conference facilities then we will always be a struggling to keep our heads above water, to be successful we need a 7 day a week income. Maybe i actually believed the hype, but I believe rebuilding on BP without the extra facilities would be a death sentence.

Hence why I do not think a redevelopment of Boundary Park is viable. Think you have hit the nail right on the head there.

i don't think it's a coincidence that the new council leader talked about a 'new gateway to oldham' 'possibly in hollinwood' and we want a new stadium with the extras that the council want to bring to the town. I genuinely believe if the council and club work together they can make this happen BUT it has to be done correctly with all obstacles forseen and consultations carried out correctly. I would expect an announcment before the season starts.

If true, perhaps they were just trying to find out how much a new stand would cost. In the old plan there was a hotel, gym and banqueting facilities with offices etc. there may still be room to build those facilities if cash is available, but they need to get it all sorted before people move into the new houses.

Was thinking the same myself no one is going to buy a brand new house if the ground stays.

People bought the houses in Furtherwood Road built after the stadium, and as I've pointed out before, it's only busy round there on about 25 days, or 125 hours, a year. A quiet cul-de-sac the rest of the time and plenty of open space for the kids to play or to walk the dog. Away from all that busy street parking and those cheaper key worker dwellings behind the RRE. Within walking distance of, but not affected by, the Hospital with its state-of-the-art facilities, B & Q and a pub/restaurant with adjacent motel to accommodate visitors.

People bought the houses in Furtherwood Road built after the stadium, and as I've pointed out before, it's only busy round there on about 25 days, or 125 hours, a year. A quiet cul-de-sac the rest of the time and plenty of open space for the kids to play or to walk the dog. Away from all that busy street parking and those cheaper key worker dwellings behind the RRE. Within walking distance of, but not affected by, the Hospital with its state-of-the-art facilities, B & Q and a pub/restaurant with adjacent motel to accommodate visitors.

Would you buy one? I certainly wouldn't.

Have you got estate agency in the blood? That was magnificent!