Jones fancies latics move?

get ya. I didn't read though the thread properly. I'm on my phone.

Why do I get the feeling this could be my old mate Steve Jones, his contract has expired at Bradford after spending the second-half of last seen on loan at Motherwell. He was decent 4 or 5 years ago, but too old now at 34 imo...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Jones :lol: I remember giving him grief at Crewe , " White boots , and your ducking :censored:e..." Then at HT he changed his boots to red , "Red boots, and your still :censored:e" :lol:

Personally I think the player will be Paul Jones Gk from Exeter who was on loan at Peterboro last year

Steve Jones :lol: I remember giving him grief at Crewe , " White boots , and your ducking :censored:e..." Then at HT he changed his boots to red , "Red boots, and your still :censored:e" :lol:

Personally I think the player will be Paul Jones Gk from Exeter who was on loan at Peterboro last year

The same Paul jones who signed for Peterborough this morning?

He's signed for Perterborough..

Paul Jones

Also a story that Gary Jones has spoken to Bradford but turned them down...

Maybe Rob Jones ex defender for Scunny

If it's him Dowie was interested when he was in league, bringing him on trial just as the :censored: hit the fan halfway through 02/03. he then signed for Stockport, has played in the SPL with Hibs and is bloomin' massive...

Why do I get the feeling this could be my old mate Steve Jones, his contract has expired at Bradford after spending the second-half of last seen on loan at Motherwell. He was decent 4 or 5 years ago, but too old now at 34 imo...

Interestingly played for Chaddy FC before going pro, who'd of thought that!

dale have signed tutte too . anyone else starting to feel like dickov is missing out on his targets ?

Yes….setting his sights too high imo nothing wrong with that but once they've played everyone off for fools you find yourself scrapping round for the type of player the BIn Dippers have ended up with over the last few years since their budget received a hefty cut….I hope PD has a long list,,,,

Interestingly played for Chaddy FC before going pro, who'd of thought that!

I worked with him for about two years, he was a cracking player for Chaddy. He left his job to sign for Blackpool, didn't make it there and got taken on by Bury was released again and went playing back home in Norn Ire, he did well there and ended up at Leigh did well there and Latics registered a firm interest but couldn't afford the five figure transfer fee. Crewe took a punt and finally gave him his chance as a 24/25 year old, he came into his own after relegation to this league and starred in their promotion winning season in 02-03, but I haven't spoke to him since his dive got Fitz sent off….His owd fella was quite a senior Police Office both for the RUC and GMP...

Edited by oafcprozac

I worked with him for about two years, he was a cracking player for Chaddy. He left his job to sign for Blackpool, didn't make it there and got taken on by Bury was released again and went playing back home in Norn Ire, he did well there and ended up at Leigh did well there and Latics registered a firm interest but couldn't afford the five figure transfer fee. Crewe took a punt and finally gave him his chance as a 24/25 year old, he came into his own after relegation to this league and starred in their promotion winning season in 02-03, but I haven't spoke to him since his dive got Fitz sent off….His owd fella was quite a senior Police Office both for the RUC and GMP...

That's where i remember him from, he was immense that season! - think i remember seeing him play in an FA cup match for walsall recently.