LATICS STAYInG AT BP

Rotating the pitch seems a bit unnecessary.

If theres not enough room for the depth of a new stand - build up, I say.

or down...as in build in a basement to house the changing rooms an all that...leaves more scope for upstairs then...

new canilever roof on chaddy end and a couple of bars would suffice and we can always build the corners in...long long time in the future before we need extra capacity,but agree it should be incorporated in.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I don't think rotating the pitch is needed, I dont think the idea of moving the pitch 70 yards or so towards where the broadway stand will potentially be in order to vreate a bit more room for a stand to replace the current main stand would be a bad idea. I mean its not like we are going to get another opportunity to do this is it, assuming this development does go ahead?

Yeh, we could have a retractable roof, big :censored:-off plasmas, heated seats, 5* restuarant. Sod it, let's get the guys who designed the Emirates in...

Thanks for this response to some plausible suggestions. You're comments have finally convinced me to stop visiting this forum and finally close my account here where your opinion is constantly ridiculed and demeaned if your not part of a select few!

Thanks for this response to some plausible suggestions. You're comments have finally convinced me to stop visiting this forum and finally close my account here where your opinion is constantly ridiculed and demeaned if your not part of a select few!

It's not personal. Everybody's ideas are ridiculed!

As you were.

Dont do that I know the feeling but your opinion is equal to anyone elses as you well know. I took the post as WTF but thats the nature of the medium. I still think moving back 25 yards has huge benefits the fact it wont happen doesnt mean its not a good idea. Even turning the pitch has merits with the Sun angles but others think its crazy. Opinions ????

the retractable roof is a good idea..soon as cold weather comes and snow close it..wont lose any games then...

the benefits of moving the pitch round,,easy,lay undersoil heating again...no more cancelled games....oh but it costs too much to run....erm nope....put solar panels on roofs of all stands,runs itself and reduces the enrgy bills...

all opinions are vallied..anyone who dont like em,,well tough :censored:...its a forum...not parliment

It's an opportunity to consider everything.

Frozen pitch in front of the mainstand. Angle of the sun in to the eyes of the RRE during the winter months. Freezers to store pie reserves in to ensure there are supplies at half time. Disabled seating arrangements that take in to account the fact those in front will stand up at some stage. Electronic scoreboard (and text message income this used to generate). Bookies, bars, toilets, Boundary Blues meeting place, somewhere to watch Sky's 12.45pm kick off on a Saturday, proper family stand area (not just a sign and a few seats), TV cameras, wi-fi, press facilties and more. Turning the pitch sounds slightly crazy, but there is something to it.

No idea is bad. Some might be mad. Some may fall at the cost hurdle. Some may fall at the suitability hurdle. But I'd suggest everybody throws their ideas in and leave them open to scrutiny. No need to give up if somebody disagrees.

Well, all i'm saying is that if there isnt a round bar with the serving area contained within the base of the mill chimney, i'm never going again. Unless its a really wide chimney with the whole of the bar inside it. And the club offices on floors above.

I wouldnt mind replacing the main stand with that one at blackpool. If it only cost £600k then its more than worth it.

and it has more posts than royal mail on it!!!

take the roof off the chaddy and put a tarpauline over it,even cheaper...

blackpool had to act fast,for premier league guidlines....we dont,we can take as much time as we like.....

i think the club could do a lot worse than ask for fans opinions....have say a downloadable questionaire or a printable one asking what fans would like to see....then fans can send them back to the club via post or take em to club shop....

That looks a good start as it has a bit of character. Thats how I picture it with your North Stand actualy being the Sheepfoot lane side... RRE on right and then a more substantial Main Stand with boxes behind goal etc. Does have a Malmo feel close to pitch a bit different to Lego Land...

dont forget they want a hotel and conferencing facilities...this pic although pretty basic doesnt show them...

need a good website for building stuff like this any suggestions???

As the modern new football stadium at Boundary Park takes shape perhaps we should follow ...... Corby Town Football Club in partnership with Corby Borough Council are offering fans and residents the chance to be a permanent part of the stadium.

Fans can now purchase their own brick in a section of the new ground and have their names or tribute engraved on it for all to see for years to come.

A standard brick which allows up to 2 lines of writing on it can be bought for just £25.00 and a double brick with up to 4 lines of text can be yours for just £45.00 ( a maximum of 16 letters per line).

Bricks can be ordered and paid for at Corby Borough Council’s One Stop Shop, George Street, Corby, or by sending your Cheque, made payable to 'Corby Town Football Club', to Corby Town Football Club, Rockingham Triangle, Corby, Northants, NN17 2AE.

Please ensure you print clearly the names and initials you want on the brick. Also be sure to include your name, address, post code, telephone number, mobile number and email if possible in case any of your order needs confirmed.

Hardy mentioned the brick sponsoring idea during our previous attempt at rebuilding BP.