The new stand

Now we kinda know where we are going regards the stadium, is it time to resurrect the ideas thread?

I personally would like to see the buy a brick scheme used. Generates a bit of money for the club, granted, not a great deal, but it will give fans an opportunity to have a little part of themselves in the stadium......

Oh, and decent legroom for us long bastards!

Wider turnstiles!

Leg room.

Padded seats (perhaps at a premium price?).

The ability for disabled supporters to see the game even if the bloke in front is stood up.

Headphone sockets with Latics Player commentary on it (perhps in the premium padded seats).

Stairs that widen as you near the exit (Stade de France style).

More ticket office positions so that I don't have to queue for 4 hours if we get a big game.

Edited by opinions4u

A big sports bar doing food - somewhere you'll go before the game and stay for a few after.

Open it all week and make it an accomodating place for business people to meet in the daytime.

Essential that any new licensing gets rid of the ridiculous practice of having to wait until the half time whistle to be served.

Serviced offices - I might have one.

If possible, little food outlets like Bar Burrito, Subway etc.. similar to what they have at Tesco on Hudds Rd. They'll make money for the club but also expose it to weeklong passing trade who maybe, just maybe might decide to take a match in one Saturday.

Wider turnstiles!

Leg room.

Padded seats (perhaps at a premium price?). - it's dear enough as it is...who is going to pay extra? Take a cushion if you're that arsed!

The ability for disabled supporters to see the game even if the bloke in front is stood up. - simple...disabled areas at the front like most other grounds.

Headphone sockets with Latics Player commentary on it (perhps in the premium padded seats). - wouldn't be able to hear it with the amazing atmosphere anyway!

Stairs that widen as you near the exit (Stade de France style).

More ticket office positions so that I don't have to queue for 4 hours if we get a big game.

it's dear enough as it is...who is going to pay extra? Take a cushion if you're that arsed!

I'm not arsed!

But I bet some would pay more for it ... perhaps a couple of hundred seats would be worth kitting out better!

Do you build a new stand with the same :censored: faciltiies or do you try to improve the matchday experience and cater for different markets with different needs (and look to generate new income)?

Edited by opinions4u

I'm not arsed!

But I bet some would pay more for it ... perhaps a couple of hundred seats would be worth kitting out better!

Do you build a new stand with the same :censored: faciltiies or do you try to improve the matchday experience and cater for different markets with different needs (and look to generate new income)?

aye i know what you're saying. I think just get the basics right i.e. decent tannoy system and disabled facilities before we think of anything extravagant!

aye i know what you're saying. I think just get the basics right i.e. decent tannoy system and disabled facilities before we think of anything extravagant!

has to be fit for purpose,but also the insides have to be substantial to cope with all manner of things,if we cant have lounges for drinking in then enough bar/food points on the concourse,with tv screens showing results as there coming in....dont go for the same :censored: burger n pies route,just because it has always been,other grounds do different things so dont see why we cant.

if its having a hotel and conferencing then those will be seperate from the matchday,so fan consideration must be taken into account.like i have said on a previous thread,the marketing dept should be acting now to prepare a downloadable questionaire for fans,just download it fill it in then post it back...

Padded seats :shock: It's a football stadium, not a theatre.

Well I suppose we could go non-league and have open terracing and toilets without a roof like it used to be.

All I was doing was throwing some ideas out there to improve facilities and generate income.

If a padded seat costs an extra £50 and you can get an extra £5 a game from someone's flabby arse parking on it, great.

If it costs an extra £200 and generates no more income, forget it.

A multi-sized bar. I can't for the life of me remember where it was but I went to a sports venue's bar where a third and two thirds of the way down there were retractable walls.

Meaning that you could keep a good atmosphere and limit the cleaning you have to do for quiet games but extend it in a matter of minutes for the big ones.

Equally useful for big/medium/small events, meetings and conferences.

Well I suppose we could go non-league and have open terracing and toilets without a roof like it used to be.

All I was doing was throwing some ideas out there to improve facilities and generate income.

If a padded seat costs an extra £50 and you can get an extra £5 a game from someone's flabby arse parking on it, great.

If it costs an extra £200 and generates no more income, forget it.

Tbf I thought you were referring to the entire stand, and eventually stadium. In one section, it's not a bad idea.

If possible, little food outlets like Bar Burrito, Subway etc.. similar to what they have at Tesco on Hudds Rd. They'll make money for the club but also expose it to weeklong passing trade who maybe, just maybe might decide to take a match in one Saturday.

If they put a Subway in there i'll get a season ticket :grin:

Edited by alwaysablue

A proper pre & post game venue is a must. The stand bar(s) require just as much thought as the actual stand itself.

We don't have anything really right now - this is a chance to make that right.

Large bar with decent ales and largers, plenty of bar staff to avoid queues, lots of Latics history on the walls etc, lots of TV screens showing sky sports news; previous game highlights etc.....

I have confidence that the stand design will be covered off; I'm not so sure about the extras though.....

i'd say keep the steps to the tunnel, don't think there's many other stadiums like that, and it's one of the things i notice from highlights that's Boundary Park. Think a tiered stand is a good idea, depending on the cost because it gives cheaper options.

I've got just short of a pallet full of bricks....summat like about 400.....don't mind offloading them on the club....I can drop off a hundred each match for the next 4 matches as long as big Gordon gives me a hand but I'm keeping the pallet.

Following Ed Hunter's comment about food apart from pies and burgers....do we know of a cook/chef who has some celebrity status who supports us and who can do Delia and sort out the grub?