The new stand

Flikr link.

If anyone wants a play on Sketchup pm me and will send you the file. Only ideas...

i like designs 4 and 5

think what were forgetting though is those are totally finished stadiums...ours wont be anything like that for a good few year i feel...

get this new main stand done with the facilities n hotel etc,then i reckon season after its completed new roof on chaddy...then maybe season after that the current main stand...

Id like that eventually all the corners would be filled in, think makes a massive difference to the atmosphere and also with it prob being the coldest ground in the country a section which has some kind of heating system for the winter games, for an extra cost obviously.

Been on sketchup for a few hours now and have come up with some plans to change and revolutionize Boundary Park..

It all started with this original model of how BP looks now..

11uxcvc.jpg

Then i thought i'd get rid of the current Broadway stand a replace it with a new state of the art main stand, similar to that of 'Oldham Arena' plans..

24wwu37.jpg

2lnyhpx.jpg

Then i thought the Rochdale Road end is in need of a slight facelift, so it has been bricked out in a different colour and has a back built on it, just to keep everyone out of the rain!

54u6gg.jpg

Then i moved onto the chaddy end, i have completely changed this and built a new stand which in keeps with the style of the new main stand..

5u1u6q.jpg

Finally, i added a new furtherwood road stand which mirrors the new chaddy end..

hts4np.jpg

And here it is, new Boundary Park with a capacity of just over 15,000.. What a difference 3 stands make!

2wnqyrl.jpg

2namjuu.jpg

Been on sketchup for a few hours now and have come up with some plans to change and revolutionize Boundary Park..

It all started with this original model of how BP looks now..

11uxcvc.jpg

Then i thought i'd get rid of the current Broadway stand a replace it with a new state of the art main stand, similar to that of 'Oldham Arena' plans..

24wwu37.jpg

2lnyhpx.jpg

Then i thought the Rochdale Road end is in need of a slight facelift, so it has been bricked out in a different colour and has a back built on it, just to keep everyone out of the rain!

54u6gg.jpg

Then i moved onto the chaddy end, i have completely changed this and built a new stand which in keeps with the style of the new main stand..

5u1u6q.jpg

Finally, i added a new furtherwood road stand which mirrors the new chaddy end..

hts4np.jpg

And here it is, new Boundary Park with a capacity of just over 15,000.. What a difference 3 stands make!

2wnqyrl.jpg

2namjuu.jpg

clever clogs,hahahaha

i like the new maid stand,or north stand as its being touted about as...but i reckon it should be 2 tier split by the exec boxes and conferencing suites...

build some sort of changing rooms to rent out to teams using the non existant facilitys on clayton ? Potential money stream for not much outlay or running costs. Put it on the chaddy/broadway corner close to little wembley ?

not going to quote the whole thing but they look great Latics_Fanatic, got the current BP spot on.

depending on price, i reckon that's what we could realistically be looking at if we do a swanky new man stand and then the current main stand followed by the chaddy end.

not going to quote the whole thing but they look great Latics_Fanatic, got the current BP spot on.

depending on price, i reckon that's what we could realistically be looking at if we do a swanky new man stand and then the current main stand followed by the chaddy end.

Like them... realistic. Well done... better than my quick effort... :(

Humm, i wonder if an email to Hardy could bring something about? Is it worth a punt?

Interesting design Latic_Fanatatic and one that would would work. However if their is something we can add onto that then it would be 2 Scoreboards at Opposite corners. This can show action from the previous games, interviews from Latics player, advertisements before the game and at HT, something like this can bring in money, promote the club, and even help build up the atmosphere beore the game.

Interesting design Latic_Fanatatic and one that would would work. However if their is something we can add onto that then it would be 2 Scoreboards at Opposite corners. This can show action from the previous games, interviews from Latics player, advertisements before the game and at HT, something like this can bring in money, promote the club, and even help build up the atmosphere beore the game.

Yes, thats a good idea, i totally forgot about scoreboards!

Yes, thats a good idea, i totally forgot about scoreboards!

and new main stand being 2 tiers.....

but yep i reckon its worth a punt to mr hardy,and copy in new marketing lady n mr corney if you have there email addys....the worse that can happen is they say sorry...were going with previous design...

0,,10337~2847188,00.jpg

this is the only image of the 2006 development i can find...andy got any other images of original development?????

Edited by edhunteruk

and new main stand being 2 tiers.....

but yep i reckon its worth a punt to mr hardy,and copy in new marketing lady n mr corney if you have there email addys....the worse that can happen is they say sorry...were going with previous design...

0,,10337~2847188,00.jpg

this is the only image of the 2006 development i can find...andy got any other images of original development?????

This is what i found of the previous designs

build some sort of changing rooms to rent out to teams using the non existant facilitys on clayton ? Potential money stream for not much outlay or running costs. Put it on the chaddy/broadway corner close to little wembley ?

brilliant idea

thanks for that.....

something similar ould be nice,but thats only 1 tier as well....think we should deffo go for a 2 tier stand.....get this stand right and its facilities and were on our way to self sustainablity...

found this website whilst searching on tinternet,some good and interesting reading regarding stadium and stand design,from shell to terracing cantilevers the lot...for those who are interested...stand designs

Edited by edhunteruk