Adam Le Fondre

Just seen Sheff Wed have had a bid of £200k knocked back but its apparently close to Rotherhams asking price. If we get Feeney off the wage bill would 250k or so be within our budget using the Stephens cash? The figures i heard a few weeks ago was that Rotherham wanted close to £500k.

My link

Edited by stevesmitt

Just seen Sheff Wed have had a bid of £200k knocked back but its apparently close to Rotherhams asking price. If we get Feeney off the wage bill would 250k or so be within our budget using the Stephens cash? The figures i heard a few weeks ago was that Rotherham wanted close to £500k.

My link

If their valuation is indeed just above £200,000 then with the Stephens money, we would be in with a chance i think. We also have the Smalley and Evina compensation, but am guessing that went on the keeper, unless we got more than £30k for Smalley..

If i remember right we was told that any money brought in from the sales of players will go back in to the playing budget for this season cos the running cost was already budgeted for.

but isn't the playing budget wages aswell as (potential) transfer fees?

(hope you're right though)

Erm, we're unlikely so save much by canning Feeney. If he's got any smarts at all he'll have settled up with us for the remainder of his contract before signing for anyone else. Or we'll be contributing to his wages for the rest of his contract term.

Something must have happened behind the scenes withfeeney,I mean he come back 2 stone lighter full of promises then the next thing you hear after 3 weeks of pre season is he that he is rumoured to be off

fitter or not - which should not be applauded as he is a PROFESSIONAL who should be in the best shape possible at all times and given that he treated us with contempt by gauging away on on tea and chocloate bars each day - nothing has happened except Dickov realising (probably 6 months ago) that Feeney is simply sh1t.

Edited by shefflatic

Something must have happened behind the scenes withfeeney,I mean he come back 2 stone lighter full of promises then the next thing you hear after 3 weeks of pre season is he that he is rumoured to be off

I don't think it was behind the scenes, it's all been played out pretty publicly.

He's played in the same vein as last year, his twitter remarks are acutely embarrassing. The most telling remark "I don't have anything to prove" contradicting a press release where he is qouted as saying he had something to prove.

I don't think it was behind the scenes, it's all been played out pretty publicly.

He's played in the same vein as last year, his twitter remarks are acutely embarrassing. The most telling remark "I don't have anything to prove" contradicting a press release where he is qouted as saying he had something to prove.

the sooner he's gone the better,bad trainer...disruptive influence,couldnt catch a cold never mind the team,yet after stating he has something to prove and wants to put last season behind him,pisses off on int duty first chance that comes along...

le fondre,not a chance of us getting him...we simply cannot afford that kind of money...season long loan with view to perm if we go up maybe....

whats the news with cody mcdonald,nothing seems to be happening either with us or anyone else,i know there touting him about,but no takers...

FFS so thats my fault is it we cant afford him. was told someone fom Oldham had spoken to him by someone who works with him and was possible. Been told today he has had LOADS of offers and Pilkington move a big influence. We will see.

EDIT also told clearly we have had more than one chat with Mcdonald but Norwich being a bit stupid saying NOT IN PLANS, can go as in press but then wanting HUGE FEE for transfer or LOAN.

As many of us thought when you thought it was a reality, we could never afford someone as high profile as Le Fondre as he has always been prolific (in the lower leagues)!

Not having a dig just letting you know perhaps you should think a little before getting too excited (and getting others to do the same) in future like :grin:

lol fair enough but WHEN HE SIGNS... :grin: DREAMING... My neighbour is a really quiet lad so when he mentioned it thought must be good news. Told Pilkington been rubbing in his big move????

Would have been a great signing to be fair, if only we had £300-£400k??? I think the right club could make a good profit on him and it would show some ambition.

Along the lines of Glenn Murray at Brighton, although they failed to sign him up again and lost him for nowt to Palace. If he was under contract I reckon they would have got £1m for him!

Erm, we're pretty skint guys & gals.

The Stephens money will go towards the seasons running costs surely?

Pipe dream stuff I you think we'll be in a position to bid 200K plus for a player....

What he said! The days of us spending that kind of money on a player are gone and never likely to return!

• 4 weeks later...