Yeah only took 20 years to get a new stadium we are so cool, only took other clubs a few years to get a full new stadium us nah foook it make em wait another 10 for :censored:s and giggles but hay we are priority now MY :censored:TY ARSE WE ARE

It took Brighton even longer. Look at what their getting now. Worth the wait i'd say. No point in moaning about the past, but look to future and support the club.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It took Brighton even longer. Look at what their getting now. Worth the wait i'd say. No point in moaning about the past, but look to future and support the club.

you obviously work for the council DAM YOU

where will the other 91 Football League clubs be in 10 years time with regards to stadia? I'm more concerned that we get things that can generate extra revenue built ASAP because IMO thats the most important thing in the clubs future, we can't keep losing money

and when, i mean if, it all goes wrong again who will be to blame? Oh, not the council 'We've done our bit, honest we have. Look at what we've done. we are ace. Up to the club now....'

What a load of crap. They've basically given the owners their money back with a bit extra because they totally cocked it up over Failsworth. Where will the money come for a full rebuild? The Main Stand is so bad it is virtually impossible for all but dwarfs to sit in it. The facilities are utter crap. This is a new age where people actually expect decent facilities.

As it stands, Failsworth was a much better solution. I know little Oldhamers were getting a nose bleed, but it would've given us a half decent ground.

However, if we carry on like this I wonder if we will be able to return to the initial plans for the redevelopment of the ground - now they were exciting.

Surely - the council have paid blitz and gazel what they had spent on the lancaster site, plus i guess a bit more, and also helped with funding for the new build in a variety of ways (grants, guarantees). If you think about where we are now, rather than where we would be if you had a magic lantern, i cant see how this is not good news.

and when, i mean if, it all goes wrong again who will be to blame? Oh, not the council 'We've done our bit, honest we have. Look at what we've done. we are ace. Up to the club now....'

What a load of crap. They've basically given the owners their money back with a bit extra because they totally cocked it up over Failsworth. Where will the money come for a full rebuild? The Main Stand is so bad it is virtually impossible for all but dwarfs to sit in it. The facilities are utter crap. This is a new age where people actually expect decent facilities.

As it stands, Failsworth was a much better solution. I know little Oldhamers were getting a nose bleed, but it would've given us a half decent ground.

However, if we carry on like this I wonder if we will be able to return to the initial plans for the redevelopment of the ground - now they were exciting.

Well, it is up to the club isn't it? We wouldn't expect to a see a penny from the council if they didn't cock the whole failsworth plan up.

whats that about #orfl coming on board ? Egg chasers in for a free ride again ???

i'm not a fan of rugby whatsoever but, as long as we can lay some kind of pitch they won't make a mess of, I'm all for a stadium that can cater for as many different sports and as many Oldham teams as possible if it's for the good of the town

I am not being negative or provacative here and hope all is ok. But am I being a bit thick or confused.

If we paid £5million for the Lancaster site and OMBC are giving us £5.7 million in return for it including a £700k grant Surely as OMBC then own Failsworth land. All we have done is recover the money paid out plus the grant for communityprojects which presumably cost £700k ....Smoke and Mirrors?

How does this actually move us on. The owners have the £5 million back but only because OMBC are scared :censored:less but spin it as a positive, owners have to spend a % of this as actually not club money really. But positive is only get money IF the club stay in town and complete work. Additional positive as a partner planning will be easier to sort.

So rather than having invested £5million in BP they might have invested 2 or 3 million? but own less land???

Is this how others see it or am I wrong?

£5.7m - 3.5m owed to blitz for land = 2.2m to build/plans for part of a stand and corney needing to find the rest to build it + do up the rest of the ground in time.

I am not being negative or provacative here and hope all is ok. But am I being a bit thick or confused.

If we paid £5million for the Lancaster site and OMBC are giving us £5.7 million in return for it including a £700k grant Surely as OMBC then own Failsworth land. All we have done is recover the money paid out plus the grant for communityprojects which presumably cost £700k ....Smoke and Mirrors?

How does this actually move us on. The owners have the £5 million back but only because OMBC are scared :censored:less but spin it as a positive, owners have to spend a % of this as actually not club money really. But positive is only get money IF the club stay in town and complete work. Additional positive as a partner planning will be easier to sort.

So rather than having invested £5million in BP they might have invested 2 or 3 million? but own less land???

Is this how others see it or am I wrong?

the money they spunked on failsworth is now back in the bank with the proviso it's spent on a new stand is how I see it (??)

Cheers for replies but thought in MEN article it says spent 5 mill on failsworth? as Harry says sounds like money back in bank ???

Split between Corney, Blitz and Gazal. Can only presume Corney's share is invested back into redevelopment.

Split between Corney, Blitz and Gazal. Can only presume Corney's share is invested back into redevelopment.

I just don't get why some folks insist it's Corney on his jack these days. On paper yes, but that's it. For show and future financial hits only!

I just don't get why some folks insist it's Corney on his jack these days. On paper yes, but that's it. For show and future financial hits only!

Corney's own words in the BBC Radio interview, infers that a chunk of the capital is to repay the other two. Why would they need repaying if they are still in?.

Edited by Microcuts

why wouldn't they? (??)

Ignore my inability to type.

Would you not however consider it a little odd that two of the three perpetrators behind a major investment are about to withdraw their share of the initial fund? So either they're out, or certainly don't have much confidence left.

Would you not however consider it a little odd that two of the three perpetrators behind a major investment are about to withdraw their share of the initial fund? So either they're out, or certainly don't have much confidence left.

Blitz still pulls the strings.

lots of businesspeople make loans to their own businesses which they want back at some point

Edited by HarryBosch

lots of businesspeople make loans to their own businesses which they want back at some point

I understand that..

I'm questioning why they would be claiming back this loan now, and not in (potentially) two years with money generated through naming rights, commercial deals, etc. Where they may even make a return. I don't know, just appears strange to me if Lags is correct in what he says.

I understand that..

I'm questioning why they would be claiming back this loan now, and not in (potentially) two years with money generated through naming rights, commercial deals, etc. Where they may even make a return. I don't know, just appears strange to me if Lags is correct in what he says.

Not strange really. The initial desire and drive is no longer burning bright in their bellies. It's taken too long with too many obsticles to realise their goal which in return saw Latics gobbling up too much cash. The plans have been vastly watered down now and it's damage limitation now whilst trying to ride off leaving something they can say they promised.

Edited by Lags