• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the fall out must have been recent though as you wouldnt think PD would have been laughing and joking on Latics Player about his weight and hairdo if he knew he was leaving.

It was going to be hard enough to get shot of him anyway without PD going on LP and saying he's still an unfit arrogant git who couldn't score in a brothel that he was the major shareholder of.

How many star strikers vailable are there? Internationals? Only one I can think of is Warren Fee.. or not.

Goodness knows how many we have loooked at in the past 8 weeks!

Interestingly, I have not seen many striker signings I have thought that we really have missed out on so far.

AS is normally the case, I think the best are leaving it to the end till somone panics and agrees to their terms.

Goodness knows how many we have loooked at in the past 8 weeks!

Interestingly, I have not seen many striker signings I have thought that we really have missed out on so far.

AS is normally the case, I think the best are leaving it to the end till somone panics and agrees to their terms.

I just hope the club have learnt from this and spout the generic "we are looking at players", "things are moving on", "we have options" lines without saying things like the star striker story. Makes us look fools and loses confidence with the fans.

I just hope the club have learnt from this and spout the generic "we are looking at players", "things are moving on", "we have options" lines without saying things like the star striker story. Makes us look fools and loses confidence with the fans.

Completely agree.

How do you arrive at that conjecture?

it's a guess but an educated one.

he's scored 1 goal for us and i bet he is one of the highest earners. we have payed his contract/part of his contract up? money down the drain no?

Edited by MaskedOwl

I'm guessing we paid him about 80% of his contract to 'terminate' it.

That would ridiculous if true. It should be no more than the difference between his wages here and his likely wages at Plymouth. For example if we paid him £1500 pw and Plymouth are offering him £1000 pw then we would pay him around £25,000 to get rid.

We would foolish to offer him more and he would be an even bigger fool to turn it down, given that his reputation and his earning power as a footballer (beyond this season) is at stake.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

That would ridiculous if true. It should be no more than the difference between his wages here and his likely wages at Plymouth. For example if we paid him £1500 pw and Plymouth are offering him £1000 pw then we would pay him around £25,000 to get rid.

We would foolish to offer him more and he would be an even bigger fool to turn it down, given that his reputation and his earning power as a footballer (beyond this season) is at stake.

I think there is a clause in most football contracts that you can give pay in lieu of x months notice. Say 3 months as normal in the real world.

It may well be cheaper then to terminate his contract, than send him on a season long loan.

I expect they are paying peanuts to him (if they pay them at all in the long run) and he'd have been one of our top earners, if not the top earner. I could see that difference with a small bit of added security being 80% of his wage for the year (for example £2k here, £500 there. £1,500 from us £500 from them £100 security bonus thrown in. £1,600 from £2k is 80%).

I think there is a clause in most football contracts that you can give pay in lieu of x months notice. Say 3 months as normal in the real world.

It may well be cheaper then to terminate his contract, than send him on a season long loan.

It'd be odd that clubs allow hundereds of players sitting on their arses in the reserves earning hundreds of millions, without releasing any of them (as far as I can see) in this manner.