and???

It's called a topic starter. Mentioning how one of our former players has started. How he is worth more than we received for him.

Next time should I start a topic about Scholes not playing for us? or his thoughts on the coming season? or one about John Eyre? or where Roger Palmer is?

I believe my first post is a lot more relevant to Oldham here and now than a lot of the threads on here yet youve chose to reply negatively to mine.

NICE

650116_o.gif

NICE

Seem to remember Stephens scored twice this time last year too.....and was then pretty ordinary for the rest of the season.

Ordinary? You sure?

Was our best player, made things happen. Not much happened today.

Stephens is seriously talented as far as I'm concerned. I've said it before but I think he sold himself short by staying in this division.

Dale was a decent player for us, but I didn't see any Championship clubs lined up on Sheepfoot Lane with a cheque to be fair.

Ordinary? You sure?

Yes.

He took penalties which boosted his scoring recored and didn't really seem to "make things happen" went we didn't score a goal for untold hours.

what was the fee?

Him and Green went for 750k and it was widely reported that Green went for 400k so 350k

So everytime he has a good game we are going to have this discussion?

No, but as it was his debut and it appears he ran the game for them, I thought it was worthy of mentioning it

Ordinary? You sure?

Agreed. He was our top scorer, created lots and im sure he had a few assists. Even if he was having a bad game he had the ability to create something from nothing, which we can not say about most of our players.

Yes.

He took penalties which boosted his scoring recored and didn't really seem to "make things happen" went we didn't score a goal for untold hours.

That's your opinion. Charlton Athletic and myself disagree.

It's called a topic starter. Mentioning how one of our former players has started. How he is worth more than we received for him.

Next time should I start a topic about Scholes not playing for us? or his thoughts on the coming season? or one about John Eyre? or where Roger Palmer is?

I believe my first post is a lot more relevant to Oldham here and now than a lot of the threads on here yet youve chose to reply negatively to mine.

NICE

650116_o.gif

NICE

Whats wrong with starting a thread about where Roger Palmer is when Im trying to cheer up a sick friend?!

"NICE"

I wont be coming back on this board again that's for sure if you are a representation of what calibre of fan frequents it.

Whats wrong with starting a thread about where Roger Palmer is when Im trying to cheer up a sick friend?!

"NICE"

I wont be coming back on this board again that's for sure if you are a representation of what calibre of fan frequents it.

Apologies. I just looked down the page and picked random titles. I hadnt actually read your thread. sorry

"NICE"

Don't over react mate. You get a broad spectrum of fans on here, just as you do in the stands. No one contributer is representative of the entire board. Best wishes to your pal.

Dale was a decent player for us, but I didn't see any Championship clubs lined up on Sheepfoot Lane with a cheque to be fair.

a good season in L1 for him (providing charlton are promoted which their money says is the aim) and he'll be a better player i reckon. he's good enough for a championship side, but he's better off becoming more consistent in league one before jumping up and sitting on a bench

a good season in L1 for him (providing charlton are promoted which their money says is the aim) and he'll be a better player i reckon. he's good enough for a championship side, but he's better off becoming more consistent in league one before jumping up and sitting on a bench

Agree 100%

He wasn't a Championship player when we sold him, for sure.

Him and Green went for 750k and it was widely reported that Green went for 400k so 350k

No, but as it was his debut and it appears he ran the game for them, I thought it was worthy of mentioning it

Agreed. He was our top scorer, created lots and im sure he had a few assists. Even if he was having a bad game he had the ability to create something from nothing, which we can not say about most of our players.

put ya dummy back in eh....tetchy pants

stephens ran the game for them did he....wrong,just like you wrongly stated at the top he scored 2 goals,when in fact he didnt..his goal he was in the right place at the right time....go check the bbc website and see how few mentions other than the goal he got...

and i think you will find that chris taylor was our top scorer....dont get much right do you...

he isnt championship class yet....but in another couple of seasons he might be,the fact southampton didnt take up the offer on him says a lot...

yes last season he set off like a train,but then went hiding and people on here,me included were saying he should be rested,as he didnt seem interested...then he came good again and buggered off to southampton,so we didnt have to pay bury more money.....

put ya dummy back in eh....tetchy pants

stephens ran the game for them did he....wrong,just like you wrongly stated at the top he scored 2 goals,when in fact he didnt..his goal he was in the right place at the right time....go check the bbc website and see how few mentions other than the goal he got...

and i think you will find that chris taylor was our top scorer....dont get much right do you...

he isnt championship class yet....but in another couple of seasons he might be,the fact southampton didnt take up the offer on him says a lot...

yes last season he set off like a train,but then went hiding and people on here,me included were saying he should be rested,as he didnt seem interested...then he came good again and buggered off to southampton,so we didnt have to pay bury more money.....

haha brillaint!!! you tell me to put my dummy back in then come up with a reply like that :D

how do you know he didn't run the game? the fact they have given each player ratings for yesterday and 99% of them gave Stephens the best rating. the fact they have started a thread raving about how good he played seems to suggest to me that he had quite an influence on the game. your right he did only get 1 goal, the bbc stated he had two, as did teletext so I was wrong there. but you tell me to go to the bbc....opening paragraph of the match report "Dale Stephens scored one and set up another on his Charlton debut as they comfortably overcame Bournemouth" funny how they mention his name in the opening paragraph to give the summary of the game :shock:

oh im sorry ill re-edit it. "Our top scorer when he left the club" pretty hard to score goals for us when he's not here

"he isnt championship class yet....but in another couple of seasons he might be" exactly. you pay for potential. he's a very good player now and he's only going to get better

I was quite surprised that no Championship clubs came in for him; as he does have all the attributes to make a very good career from the game.

It's no real surprise that the Charlton fans are raving about him; he's an eye-catching player who on his day looks a class apart.

I was quite surprised that no Championship clubs came in for him; as he does have all the attributes to make a very good career from the game.

It's no real surprise that the Charlton fans are raving about him; he's an eye-catching player who on his day looks a class apart.

He will be a championship player within 3 years has the all round game to do it can shoot, pass, tackle, and score, I bet his set pieces would look better if he had had Diamond and Smith aswell as mvoto to aim at aswell was crying out for him yesterday.

He will be a championship player within 3 years has the all round game to do it can shoot, pass, tackle, and score, I bet his set pieces would look better if he had had Diamond and Smith aswell as mvoto to aim at aswell was crying out for him yesterday.

Why? We cleared the first man with most of the corners this time..