3 games with 0 goals (in open play) = Dickov OUT!

To be honest, I don't blame Dickov for our current plight. He is a good manager at a badly runned club. He has been given no money to invest in the team.

He has had to cut his cloth accordingly.

Strikers who can find the net, outside the penalty spot don't come cheap!

If you want to vent your frustration, email Hardy and co!

I get part of that but the blame lies with Dickov, hes started a new season with no idea what his midfield is and played a man in every friendly and we couldnt even sign him.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too early to talk about getting rid, as it stands a few more bad results and he might walk.. Questions have to be asked though, it's his team now and despite the lack of funds tha players that he's bought in abviously aren't cutting at the moment (Reid apart, who's on fire). Overall Dickov's not done a bad job but in all honesty I understand why some may call for his head, this is now a fairly long rot and we don't look like we're getting out of it..

I'm pro Dickov at the moment because the first half of last season, we were class at times but the way it's going it's going to be a long hard season.. 2 games in and I hope Dickov can get it right but somethings got give, I don't know what but he's paid to sort it.

Dickov in - at the moment

The way I see it is he is making mistakes yes, but come on, the guy's hands are tied.

He had an already crap budget last season, cut this season, and barring a major rise in attendances will probably be cut again next season.

Players weren't paid on time on numerous occasions last season, which will no doubt send out the wrong message to players wanting to join us, and that before we even get the chance to offer them the going rate of three groats a week.

Its all well and good ranting re the absence of a creative midfielder and a goalscorer, but they cost money, a fair whack too, and money we don't have, which is hardly Dickov's fault.

In the wise words of Joe Royle 2nd time round, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken :censored:.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I get part of that but the blame lies with Dickov, hes started a new season with no idea what his midfield is and played a man in every friendly and we couldnt even sign him.

to be fair to that though did dickov know we couldnt sign him???? was he told he would be able to get him,as i see it if there was no chance at all of ever standing a chance of signing him,he wouldnt have played him so many times...

we need 3 maybe 4 decent signings in next 2 weeks...if we dont get them this is what it will be most weeks,with the odd draw and victory thrown in when least expected....

But in the same respect, this is same board who said in the summer, firstly we won't be selling our top players on the cheap and the money on the players sold will be spent on buying new players.

What happened to that then?(probably all used to pay off Feeney)

we've only sold one player! i'll just point out thats another 2 and a half weeks until end of the window, plenty of time to spend that money. Its already been said on here that we've been messed about by strikers - porter agreed to join then didnt.. donaldsons agent saying ridiculous numbers.. norwich wanting to much for cody mc.. stiker in talks last week going on alot longer than expected.. wtf you expect latics to do about that? us to desperate buy anyone? rather see us wait instead of getting someone in a panic buy.

I'm sorry did i touch a nerve? But your posts are either a rouse to generate a reaction from fans, which if it is well done you did. Chances are you are someone that goes to games just to moan, when you should support the team. As for time, there is no set forumla as to how long it should take.

Name his replacement then, can you? I doubt it, managers are expensive and we are skint. I would give Dickov aslong as he needs, the start we made was not the start of a numptie. Unfortunatly your posts, now back to your cave or support the team. Troll.

Continually sacking managers is always the way forward. Who do you propose we bring in to replace him?

+1 WHATEVER HAPPENS we need to back the guy for 3-5 years AT LEAST - he is in his 2nd season as a manager, will learn new things yet again this season and his 3rd season would hopefully be the better of the lot.

And as I am typing this I am thinking why the hell I am even typing this argument - we are 2 GAMES into a season, not looked THAT bad; just missing 2 or 3 jigsaw pieces and to be fair PD has constraints to work under as is always the way - what DOES nark me is the 'any funds we recoup will be given to PD' - so WHERE is that money?????

Even if we were to go down I would like to see us keep faith with him and let him try to correct his ways as i do think he has his methods poiting in the right way unlike defensive Dave.

KTF

Black can come out, so can Lund and Taylor for me.

A solid left back, tougher passer to slot with Wes/Furman and an end-product left winger - interchnage Taylor and Morais on the RW.

The poor strikers are feeding on scraps and need feeding with through balls and whipped crosses - we are SOOOOO predictable: pass to lee, back to diamond, back to lee, to morais, back to lee, to lund, back to black, to taylor....taylor loses the ball, back to...and so on - never any forward umph or threat about us; tippy tappy but not getting anywhere or being a threat.

PD is the right man for me no question - we are THAT close ( a couple or 3 additions) from having a faily decent overall 16 and the kids as back up - i am sure in the remaining 2 and a bit weeks PD will get loans in; no way is he naive enough to think we are OK - if we're not i doubt he is

So a lack of goals is going to come from changing the left back? You say Dickov will get someone on loan to fit next to Wes/Furman, so what's he got Lund for? End-product left winger, Yeovil signed O'Brien from Swindon and Edgar from West Ham this season where was Dickov? As I've said previously Dickov himself has come out and said he wants a smaller squad with better quality, which translates to a higher average wage to get better players, only thing is he's not gone and got any.

to be fair to that though did dickov know we couldnt sign him???? was he told he would be able to get him,as i see it if there was no chance at all of ever standing a chance of signing him,he wouldnt have played him so many times...

we need 3 maybe 4 decent signings in next 2 weeks...if we dont get them this is what it will be most weeks,with the odd draw and victory thrown in when least expected....

I know Ed, what pisses me off more is that someone at the club should have been aware of this.

The current administration, Hill , Hardy and Owen are hardly inspiring and havent got any sort of acumen.

So a lack of goals is going to come from changing the left back? You say Dickov will get someone on loan to fit next to Wes/Furman, so what's he got Lund for? End-product left winger, Yeovil signed O'Brien from Swindon and Edgar from West Ham this season where was Dickov? As I've said previously Dickov himself has come out and said he wants a smaller squad with better quality, which translates to a higher average wage to get better players, only thing is he's not gone and got any.

You didn't answer my question. Who do you suggest we replace Dickov with? Who will do a better job on the same budget...

I'm sorry did i touch a nerve? But your posts are either a rouse to generate a reaction from fans, which if it is well done you did. Chances are you are someone that goes to games just to moan, when you should support the team. As for time, there is no set forumla as to how long it should take.

Name his replacement then, can you? I doubt it, managers are expensive and we are skint. I would give Dickov aslong as he needs, the start we made was not the start of a numptie. Unfortunatly your posts, now back to your cave or support the team. Troll.

Your expecting a different result from the same method. But to spell it out easier for you, you are about as bright as a 2 watt bulb!

Just all wait for the post match interview, 'I won't stand for it', 'Players didn't keep ther shape' and 'We're not doing the basic things right' will all come out and they'll be out all season until he either changes what he's doing or he's out the door!

Your expecting a different result from the same method. But to spell it out easier for you, you are about as bright as a 2 watt bulb!

Just all wait for the post match interview, 'I won't stand for it', 'Players didn't keep ther shape' and 'We're not doing the basic things right' will all come out and they'll be out all season until he either changes what he's doing or he's out the door!

so if you was the manager, what would you say?

To be fair if this run of 3 wins in 25 games had come in the same season, surely he would have been sacked and if talbot,moore or penney had had a run like this(and yes this team is far worse than penneys, in fact it is probably the worst team I have seen in the 32 years I have been watching latics)everybody on here would have been calling for their heads). But for some reason dickov can do no wrong. And I would love to know what his half time team talks are because judging by the 3 games this season, they must be absolutely rank.

You didn't answer my question. Who do you suggest we replace Dickov with? Who will do a better job on the same budget...

Aidy Boothroyd, did a cracking job at Colchetser and I thought he was unlucky at Coventry.

Gary Johnson, take away Peterborough and he's got an amazing record

we've only sold one player! i'll just point out thats another 2 and a half weeks until end of the window, plenty of time to spend that money. Its already been said on here that we've been messed about by strikers - porter agreed to join then didnt.. donaldsons agent saying ridiculous numbers.. norwich wanting to much for cody mc.. stiker in talks last week going on alot longer than expected.. wtf you expect latics to do about that? us to desperate buy anyone? rather see us wait instead of getting someone in a panic buy.

I know that, but its the same rhetoric, every season, "We are not going to sell players on the cheap." and we do.

"Money will go back into the club on transfers" and it doesn't.

There was that story on the OS about getting a top class striker and then that went quiet.

All I am saying don't make statements you can't back up! Because that's just very misleading to the fans, when they fail to deliver on them.

As the saying goes, "Don't let your mouth write a cheque that your ass can't cash."

To be fair if this run of 3 wins in 25 games had come in the same season, surely he would have been sacked and if talbot,moore or penney had had a run like this(and yes this team is far worse than penneys, in fact it is probably the worst team I have seen in the 32 years I have been watching latics)everybody on here would have been calling for their heads). But for some reason dickov can do no wrong. And I would love to know what his half time team talks are because judging by the 3 games this season, they must be absolutely rank.

i dont agree that the team is worse than penney's, the players have the quality which we've seen from the first half of last season and all of our players are good enough for L1. problem is, theyre not playing like they know they can. when they do, we'll be a team thats hard to beat

I know that, but its the same rhetoric, every season, "We are not going to sell players on the cheap." and we do.

"Money will go back into the club on transfers" and it doesn't.

There was that story on the OS about getting a top class striker and then that went quiet.

All I am saying don't make statements you can't back up! Because that's just very misleading to the fans, when they fail to deliver on them.

As the saying goes, "Don't let your mouth write a cheque that your ass can't cash."

Said we were chasing one, and we were sometimes you get sometimes you don't.