Huddersfield to boycott Sheff Utd over £28.50 ticket prices

£27 I think, brilliant day and a cracking win, worth every penny and more.

But on the flip side we paid £27 on a very wet Tuesday night to watch Dave Penney's Oldham lost two nil to a very average Leeds Performance.

Which was one of the worst moments of that season.

Edited by Roger Ritchie

Just think if they charged Huddersfield that, they'd have a potential 3-4000 following on their hands, surely it makes more sense to drop prices and have more fans??

I personally see nothing wrong with catergorisation it didn't stop 3500 sheffield United fans pay £22 to us. However I think the variation has to be abit more proportional as Hudds fans will pay twice as much as bury fans does make it a little unfair, and we all know how much yorkshiremen love nothing more than stopping at home ironing their £5 notes

I personally see nothing wrong with catergorisation it didn't stop 3500 sheffield United fans pay £22 to us. However I think the variation has to be abit more proportional as Hudds fans will pay twice as much as bury fans does make it a little unfair, and we all know how much yorkshiremen love nothing more than stopping at home ironing their £5 notes

I agree with Catergorisation, its the fact that Bury are £14-00, we're £18-00, Hudds £28-50 which is the joke, which is what you've said in Bold.

That was my point, charge them £18-00 (which is still catergorised) and they'd have a massive floowing there rather than £28-50 where they'll have a much lower turn out.

I don't think Sheff Utd would have brought the same amount if a) it was £28-50. b)it weren't the first (local) game of the season.

Edited by alex_balls

• 3 weeks later...

they've done that at the Cricket for Twenty20 games, £12 in advance, £18 on the day

problem is that players wages in the Premiership are paid by TV money so the Prem clubs can subsidise the ticket prices

Not just football an cricket that do this. Gigs are more on the door than buying prior. However you get the handling and booking fee, but its the risk of it selling out and having to pay the dreaded tout prices.

But on the flip side we paid £27 on a very wet Tuesday night to watch Dave Penney's Oldham lost two nil to a very average Leeds Performance.

Which was one of the worst moments of that season.

One of the worst moments of my life. I'm at uni in Preston, and was persuaded to go at around 3 o'clock that afternoon. Ended up spending over £80 that night on travel, tickets and booze. Money I could've well done with.

No 3rd tier football is worth £27, but £27 to watch that atrocity was criminal. I'm still bitter about it now. I hate Dave Penney. HATE him.

And fair play to the Huddersfield fans that boycotted. One of the reasons clubs in this country implement these prices is they know fans in this country will grudgingly accept them, no matter how they feel about it. It's going to take a huge swing in the mentality of the majority of football fans in this country for this to change. It's depressing, but true. As much as I dislike the Ultra mentality in Europe for certain things, they wouldn't stand for this, and the clubs wouldn't dare anyway.

Edit: it's worth noting that i'm one of those fans that has 'grudgingly accepted' these prices. £23, again to watch 3rd tier football, and not even in your stand of choice, is a joke, yet I paid it to watch the first 3 home games this season. So this isn't a dig at anyone. More a rant.

Edited by JonesyOAFC