Huddersfield to boycott Sheff Utd over £28.50 ticket prices

well played to them I say, it goes to show what power a messageboard can have. Didn't we pay the same amount to go to Leeds a few seasons ago?

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Terriers-plan-Blades-boycott-over-ticket-prices.php?id=

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=59899&page=1

People power , the most powerful weapon in the world , pity it's not used more and you would see the cost of living plunge.

just a matter of getting organised ??

like when we marched against the Council that time, the worst thing about Sheff U is that they've got relegated and still put the prices up if they're charging Huddersfield £28.50 and Bury £14, then what will they charge us?

So and so isn't going because he can't afford it, therefore its too expensive, therefore I'm boycotting it because its too expensive. It has nothing to do with not being able to attend.

Interestingly what Sheffields policy on non adult discounts. Although they charge 25 quid for an adult, its 26 quid for me and my Dad together at Hartlepool this season. That was the cost of me alone plus a programme on Saturday.

Polish hippy's bandwagon was actually not a bad one, he was against the away fans paying more. I would pay 28.50 when i can make it to latics but i wouldnt be delighted by it. I dont think i will pay another club that in this league surely because i dont want to pay way above the average so that they can have better players than us.

i 100 % recall hudds promoting a similar boycott a season or two back , may have been a cup match v arsenal or chelsea, but needless to say they sold their allocation! does anyone else remember this , im not going to be able to sleep till ive sussed who the offending club where.. but i know i read this on datm or maybe on here?

What people forgot about Polish Hippy was he said lets boycott Oldham but at the time ignored the likes of Gillingham and Swindon knowing full well that they would not take more than 300 or so anyway. We will proberly be CAT A so am guessing same price as above.

There comes a point when people say enough is enough, said forum poster cheesyhtfc presumably not his real name.

Lol this has to be the best bit, I would love this bloke to change his name to this

At least they'll bring more to our gaff

no way would i pay £28-50 to watch us in yorkshire, vomits uncontrollably.

In Portugal they run it a bit different i went to watch Arsenal away there and they had signs up on the tunstlies reading 38euros in advance or 54 on the day a huge jump i know this as i walked to the ground with Porto fans t least they know what they are going to get on a matchday that way madness in the jump of prices though and thats the same for me to watch a champs league knockout phase game as a league 1 league match

How the hell can they vouch for those charges, anyone know how much will be for us on the day at brammal lane?

Its joke as that will be prices for them v sheff wed and there wont be an empty seat for love nor money at that i doubt

In Portugal they run it a bit different i went to watch Arsenal away there and they had signs up on the tunstlies reading 38euros in advance or 54 on the day a huge jump i know this as i walked to the ground with Porto fans t least they know what they are going to get on a matchday that way madness in the jump of prices though and thats the same for me to watch a champs league knockout phase game as a league 1 league match

How the hell can they vouch for those charges, anyone know how much will be for us on the day at brammal lane?

Its joke as that will be prices for them v sheff wed and there wont be an empty seat for love nor money at that i doubt

they've done that at the Cricket for Twenty20 games, £12 in advance, £18 on the day

problem is that players wages in the Premiership are paid by TV money so the Prem clubs can subsidise the ticket prices

Big clubs coming down for the Championship are always going to charge these amounts, they've got players on Premier league wages and no doubt haven't made allowance for loss of revenue elsewhere..

Like it's been mentioned Leeds did it.. Fact is as well they'll get away with it on the basis that for most clubs it's a 'big day out'(Balloons and rattles).. I'll pay it just for the fact that I've not been there since a kid and it beats going to most of the places we've had to endue season in and out for the last few years.

£28 is too much for this level of Football but most Football fans are suckers

MOre than fair that they should boycott this.

£28.50 is too much for any game of football.

Ticketing prices need to be regulated to stop things like this from happening.

Anyone charging anything above £20 (us included) should have the extra money stripped off them and put into grass roots football.