Gregan's Bad Injury

Was in my local pub last night and big Sean came in on crutches.

I was having a chat with him and he said he'd ruptured his achiles tendon playing for Kendal last week.

His ankle was in a cast and he said he would be sidelined for upto 9 months.

Really sorry to see him in so much pain, looks like it could be the end of his playing days.

Great servant to Latics and was a class act when he wore the shirt, a proper leader in my eyes, good luck big fella.

Ian G.

I was having a chat with him and he said he'd ruptured his achiles tendon playing for Kendal last week.

Really sorry to see him in so much pain, looks like it could be the end of his playing days.

Great servant to Latics and was a class act when he wore the shirt, a proper leader in my eyes, good luck big fella.

Ian G.

which pub was that, I Saw him at a tapas bar a few times over in Heywood

Stitch is going to get awfully sick of mexican food after learning this. Shame for the big man. I guess if you are going to play on as long as you can its likely to take something like this to end it.

He will if he eats the food its not great, most of the people I know that go to tapios do so because of its later license especially on a weekend.

That'll be the end for the big man I'd say.

My wife's boss did her achiles walking across the car park at work, that was nearly 18 months ago & she's still struggling with it now.

I can't see how at his age & with the sheer workload his body has gone through throughout his career how he'll come back from this.

Coaching beckons I'd say....

You've got to give Gregan lots of credit for carrying on playing way down the football pyramid. Most players would have jacked it in completely once they weren't playing in league football. Shame about his injury, certainly looks to be a finisher for him.

He was a total revelation when he first arrived here on loan from Leeds during that excellent season when we bossed this division for a short while before running out of puff when we beat Swansea to go top of the league. The way he always used to put a good, solid 'reducer' on an opposing teams star man early on in a match and then not get a peep out of them all game. Sure, he got caught out a few times for pace, but 80% of the time he was head and shoulders above any player on the park in terms of quality and vision.

Coaching beckons I'd say....

Was he taken on as player-coach at Kendal? I seem to remember their manager saying something about him wanting to go into management eventually and he hoped moving to Kendal could be a stepping stone towards that.

Such a shame that his career's ending like this (as everyone else has said, you can't imagine him coming back from this at the age of 38), but i suppose his determination to carry on playing for as long as physically possible meant it was always likely to happen. Good luck to him in the next phase of his career, he was probably the best captain we've had in recent years and i can see him being a really good coach.

You've got to give Gregan lots of credit for carrying on playing way down the football pyramid. Most players would have jacked it in completely once they weren't playing in league football. Shame about his injury, certainly looks to be a finisher for him.

He was a total revelation when he first arrived here on loan from Leeds during that excellent season when we bossed this division for a short while before running out of puff when we beat Swansea to go top of the league. The way he always used to put a good, solid 'reducer' on an opposing teams star man early on in a match and then not get a peep out of them all game. Sure, he got caught out a few times for pace, but 80% of the time he was head and shoulders above any player on the park in terms of quality and vision.

Yes he was a great servant, but i will always remember him for his "strut". And for knocking Beckford down to size.Never got a sniff in any match he played against us. What Everton were thinking of, signing him for the Prem-------Oh yes, he his going on a free transfer!!!!!!!!!

Ian G.

Really sorry to hear about this probable career-ending injury. Best of luck to him.

Are you able to answer the big question:

How many pints did Gregan have? :wink:

Really sorry to hear about this probable career-ending injury. Best of luck to him.

Are you able to answer the big question:

How many pints did Gregan have? :wink:

Doesn't drink pints just bottles of Sol.

Ian G.

PS Can't tell you how many as I was worse for wear myself.