Loans from Thursday...will Latics sign anyone ?

Loan signings (maximum of 93 days I believe) commence again on Thursday - a new left back possibly on a months loan ?

I say this as David Mellor is playing for the reserves tomorrow, which may suggest PD wants to see how he shapes with the option of bringing someone in for a short period.

Edited by BP1960

Loan signings (maximum of 93 days I believe) commence again on Thursday - a new left back possibly on a months loan ?.

I say this as David Mellor is playing for the reserves tomorrow, which may suggest PD wants to see how he shapes with the option of bringing someone in for a short period.

Do we have Winchester back for Sat ?

I can see Lee switching to Left back and Clarke or Winchester playing right back

Loan signings (maximum of 93 days I believe) commence again on Thursday - a new left back possibly on a months loan ?.

Heard last week that we were looking at LB cover on deadline day…it's likely to happen once the window re-opens…so irrespective of Diallo's red Dicky knew Black had a real issue and wanted cover

Do we have Winchester back for Sat ?

I can see Lee switching to Left back and Clarke or Winchester playing right back

Maybe Winchester at left back, didn't he score a beauty with his left peg in a league game last season ?

Bertrand was on verge joining Bristol City last time I heard

How about a player who dont seem to be getting a game at Charlton by the name of Evina :grin:

That said he may be injured before someone says that

Evina played for Charlton reserves last week.

Bertrand was on verge joining Bristol City last time I heard

How about a player who dont seem to be getting a game at Charlton by the name of Evina :grin:

That said he may be injured before someone says that

Evina-----If I am honest, I didnt rate him that much. His wage was also funded by playershare.

That has now been used, To much better effect!!

Unless their is something amazing available (ie premier league giants want to loan us a wonderkid) then at this moment in time Id keep what weve got going into the next few games. If any problems emerge then tackle them, but for now lets keep this team together and see how it does, weve made the mistake in the past of signing loan players for the sake of it. Their was alot of encouraging signs on saturday that this team will do ok.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Gutted Bradley Diallo is facing a 3 game ban as; I was massively impressed with him on Saturday. On that showing, Paul Black is in for a tough season; as Diallo really looks the part. Good competition when both fit & suspension free.

As for the next 3 games; I don't think David Mellor will let us down if PD sticks with 4-4-2.

An option for him now Hudds is out of the way is to put Clarke in; and still keep Diamond & M'Voto; so 3 CB's and go 3-5-2.

I think he'll stick with the 4-4-2 and go with Mellor at LB.

I'd be very surprised if we went into the loan market.

Gutted Bradley Diallo is facing a 3 game ban as; I was massively impressed with him on Saturday. On that showing, Paul Black is in for a tough season; as Diallo really looks the part. Good competition when both fit & suspension free.

As for the next 3 games; I don't think David Mellor will let us down if PD sticks with 4-4-2.

An option for him now Hudds is out of the way is to put Clarke in; and still keep Diamond & M'Voto; so 3 CB's and go 3-5-2.

I think he'll stick with the 4-4-2 and go with Mellor at LB.

I'd be very surprised if we went into the loan market.

that's a very immobile defence, we'd get battered by some of the faster strikers in this league.

Loan or is he a free agent?

when you say recently, does that mean he is currently at a league club?

Can't say much more, but I understand he would be a permanant signing.

My source who has seen him play in non league recently was very impressed and thought him way above that level.

I did actually see him play once in the youth team of a top Premiership club and rated him highly then as did many many in the game, but he seems to have lost his way since that time, he's still young though and could get the chance to get re-establish himself.

Edited by BP1960

Can't say much more, but I understand he would be a permanant signing.

My source who has seen him play in non league recently was very impressed and thought him way above that level.

I did actually see him play once in the youth team of a top Premiership club and rated him highly then as did many many in the game, but he seems to have lost his way since that time.

Is it Chris Waddle?

:wink: