Leyton Orient Beeb Highlights

you seem to have been pointing out lee's mistakes quite a lot recently so i could say to you how about you watch the whole team next week and see how many times they get caught out of position and give the ball away

That seems unlikely... I've only seen him play twice this year. You have something personally invested, not me.

I thought he made a mistake and it contributed significantly to us conceding a goal to the worst team in the league.

I don't recall pointing out his mistakes, but I'd be happy to further analyse his performances if you'd like?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, how the frig Kuqi ans Simpson missed them headers is beyond me

Both should have been goals, if only we could get Smithy to head a few DOWN too, he'd be in double figures already! That's why it's important when 'luxury' Fil gets his place back he has to be told to cross and stop pissing about, the threat is there but if we've got flip-flap fil (then over-run it) ( pissing about and not tracking back, we lose a massive outlet. Having said that Morais is a joy and a massive frustration to watch in equal measure, and I wish we'd had him available to help break Stevenage down)That's why Parker was such a breath of fresh-air and I have to say even Taylor is learning to get the ball in.

When you have such fabulous targets like Kuqi and Smith are (not mentioning the big old units at CB) then it is paying off by putting crosses in. Especially when the buggers actually get into the box (unlike strikers in previous years) and even if we don't get the header in we're increasingly seeing Reid in there to mop up loose balls (these goals will come)

(It has been satisfying to see both Taylor and Morais get a few assists each this season, we definitely need more of that)

Edited by oafcprozac

That seems unlikely... I've only seen him play twice this year. You have something personally invested, not me.

I thought he made a mistake and it contributed significantly to us conceding a goal to the worst team in the league.

I don't recall pointing out his mistakes, but I'd be happy to further analyse his performances if you'd like?

Crossed wires there, I think, Acks. That comment was aimed at Prozac.

sorry ackey that reply wasn't for you

Edited by dkenyonqfc2

Of course other players lose possession, obviously there's a bit of a Lee love-in on here and symptomatic how watered down this forum has become when anyone who voices an opinion different to the consensus immediately gets jumped on. Because the happy clappers seem to have the run of the site…(not necessarily referring to you dkeny..)

Instead of coming up with generalisations, watch Lee over the next few weeks and you might understand what I am on about…better still watch the goals conceded this season on LP…As I say great going forward, very hot and cold when defending, often out of position.

I'm not sold on Diamond yet either…

The goalkeeper has been excellent, Diallo was a breath of fresh air and M'Voto is slowly getting back to his best, jury's out on Clarke for me and the midfield if i'm honest..but hey it's just my opinion….

actually prozac i do understand what your saying its not what you say it's just it always seems to be lee that you name and shame so to speak

i do see the mistakes and personally would like him to play further up the pitch but can't see it happening so would have him at rb than not at all

I cant wait till we have a full squad available

Morais was on bench Sat and Parker Furman Black Diallo all to come back into the squad

Options for all positions, which is a breath of Fresh Air only worry I have is that:-

Adeyemi is here only until January

Diallo only has a deal until January

Simpson is here until December

Clarke is here until January

Which means we could be light again if we were unable to renew those deals, having said that it will not be long before players like Hughes and Burns are in the squad week in week out and it wouldn't surprise me to see young Riley involved before the end of the season, as long as he doesn't believe the hype, keeps his head down and works hard.

Oh and we've (hopefully) got Bembo to return too...

Edited by oafcprozac

sorry ackey that reply wasn't for you

Fair enough.

sorry but clarke had time to move that ball and didn't he made the choice his mistake

Again I don't argue Clarke could have done more... but Lee's still at fault. Clarke should not have to look for a more difficult ball. Lee should give him the option.

I noticed Lee was being caught out of position regularly at the end of last season first few games of this

I started a thread stating that its something that needs looking at in the long term and got shot down for it

Lee is the golden boy at the moment

There are players who can do no right by some and players who can do no wrong

Funny that 2 of our better players this year have done well but have not been great in their own positions

Lee - great going forward and ok at the back, very good with the ball, poor positional sense at times

Reid -1 goal from open play, missed chances, but links up the midfield and the attack well

Imo there all round games is hiding weaknesses in Lee’s case defensively weak and Reid not enough goals

One is loved the other at times it seems is hated – funny old game

Options for all positions, which is a breath of Fresh Air only worry I have is that:-

Adeyemi is here only until January

Diallo only has a deal until January

Simpson is here until December

Clarke is here until January

Which means we could be light again if we were unable to renew those deals, having said that it will not be long before players like Hughes and Burns are in the squad week in week out and it wouldn't surprise me to see young Riley involved before the end of the season, as long as he doesn't believe the hype, keeps his head down and works hard.

Oh and we've (hopefully) got Bembo to return too...

Talking to a Hudds fan I know and he has said that it won't be much of a surprise for us to sign both Clarke & Simpson in the Jan window - actually in Clarke's case; he has been told the deal is done and just ready to go once the window opens again.

I think the Diallo deal was a sensible one at the time; and still do. Basically the lad was given 6 months to prove himself; and if he did; another deal will follow. On his debut showing; he stands a very good chance of getting that deal IMO.

As for (queue X factor voice-over moment) Tom Adeyemi, not sure. I think he's looked better than the 'other' young loanees we've had in midfield over recent seasons, I think he's added to us. I'd like his loan to extended again come Jan; but can we do that; having already had on a 6 month deal?? Plus, Furman will be back soon enough and I think Wes & Furman is PD's preferred partnership in CM.

It's really taking shape. I said as pre-season was drawing to a close we only needed 2 or 3 key additions, I changed that to 3 or 4 after watching the horror show at Yeovil; but then when the dust settled I was back to my original note of 2 or 3. Since the additions of Kuqi, Simpson, Clarke & Adeyemi - we have looked a far better bet; especially the signing of Shefki; which is a massive coup for us. There is competition all over the side now; with at least 2 players going for 1 spot right across the side (bar GK). It bodes well, and slowly, surely and without fuss, PD has put together a very solid looking squad on a minimal budget - for that he needs high praise IMO.

With a good little run of results, it'll be interesting to see how far we can climb, as confidence builds and the players get more & more comfortable playing alongside each other.

Onwards & upwards eh??

Talking to a Hudds fan I know and he has said that it won't be much of a surprise for us to sign both Clarke & Simpson in the Jan window - actually in Clarke's case; he has been told the deal is done and just ready to go once the window opens again.

I think the Diallo deal was a sensible one at the time; and still do. Basically the lad was given 6 months to prove himself; and if he did; another deal will follow. On his debut showing; he stands a very good chance of getting that deal IMO.

As for (queue X factor voice-over moment) Tom Adeyemi, not sure. I think he's looked better than the 'other' young loanees we've had in midfield over recent seasons, I think he's added to us. I'd like his loan to extended again come Jan; but can we do that; having already had on a 6 month deal?? Plus, Furman will be back soon enough and I think Wes & Furman is PD's preferred partnership in CM.

It's really taking shape. I said as pre-season was drawing to a close we only needed 2 or 3 key additions, I changed that to 3 or 4 after watching the horror show at Yeovil; but then when the dust settled I was back to my original note of 2 or 3. Since the additions of Kuqi, Simpson, Clarke & Adeyemi - we have looked a far better bet; especially the signing of Shefki; which is a massive coup for us. There is competition all over the side now; with at least 2 players going for 1 spot right across the side (bar GK). It bodes well, and slowly, surely and without fuss, PD has put together a very solid looking squad on a minimal budget - for that he needs high praise IMO.

With a good little run of results, it'll be interesting to see how far we can climb, as confidence builds and the players get more & more comfortable playing alongside each other.

Onwards & upwards eh??

I agree with pretty much all of that but we are far from spoilt for choice and, as Furman, Parker et al return, others will get injured or have suspensions. I still think we've got a squad with reasonable quality for this league but very little depth. Take the loanees out and we'd be struggling for bodies.

On Diallo, I know it's early days but, much as I quite like Black, on his début showing Neymar-hairstyle looks the better player. Hopefully he lives up to that this weekend.

I agree with pretty much all of that but we are far from spoilt for choice and, as Furman, Parker et al return, others will get injured or have suspensions. I still think we've got a squad with reasonable quality for this league but very little depth. Take the loanees out and we'd be struggling for bodies.

On Diallo, I know it's early days but, much as I quite like Black, on his début showing Neymar-hairstyle looks the better player. Hopefully he lives up to that this weekend.

Aye Stevie, the numbers are there in reserve; but they are young lads like Burns, Millar, Tarky, Carr, even down to Riley eta all.....its a smaller squad for sure, but i think we have better players in there than the last few season; especially if you did a like-a-like comparison with this squad Vs the one Dangerous Dave amassed.

On the Diallo / Black front, I tend to agree. It's hard to compare as it was only 1 league game (& a few showings in pre-season) that i'm basing my opinion on Bradley from, but defensively there didnt seem to be too much to seperate them 9as I rate Blacky as a defender) but it was going forward with & without the ball where Diallo looked a notch up on Black. His work to get into a position to cross for Kuqi Vs Hudds was absolutely top-draw IMO. Good competition at LB when both are injury / suspension free, and as much as I rate Paul Black; I think Bradley Diallo gets the nod.....

As for (queue X factor voice-over moment) Tom Adeyemi,

Finally , its not just me ! I got called :queerim9: for saying that ... :grin:

Every time I see this lads name it makes me want to shout "Rachel Adedeji" in the xfactor voice overs guys voice

Say's a lot about you that, Raz.

Every time i read something like this, I feel proud of myself for not having a clue who the person means :queerim9:

Edited by razza699