Player Ratings Vs Brentford

Dreadful today. Tbh, I see it as my fault as well. I haven't seen us win at home since a 2-1 win over Bristol Rovers April 2010. That's due to a combination of me not attending a lot of home games and the fact our home record is gash to say the least. My old man asked me to come today (you can blame him i suppose) but I knew we'd get beat. I just want to see us win at home but I must be a bad luck charm to say the least.

Worst thing is, not only did we get beat, but the performance was an utter disgrace.

Cisak 5. Looked as though he could have done better with the first goal (not to take anything away from Douglas' strike)

Clarke 5. Long ball whenever possible

Diamond 5. See Clarke.

Mvoto 3. Dire. Never seen a player look so uncomfortable in control of the football (that's when on the rare occasion he does control it). Can't pass either.

Lee 7. Only defender who looked half decent today.

Simpson 5. Offered nowt. Gave the ball away a lot.

Adeyami 3. The WHOLE game bypassed him. Non existent for the whole game.

Wesolowski 6. Battled well. Shone a little simply because of the lack of involvement from Adeyami.

Taylor 5. Again, nothing. Seems happier gobbing it off to opposition players. Can't cross a ball either yet he's the corner taker?

Kuqi 5. First time I have seen him this season. Not going to start calling him :censored: cause has 3 already and it could have been one of those games. Poor game though. Should have changed his boots at half time. Spent most of the day either miscontrolling it or slipping on his arse.

Reid 7. Decent first half, looked to be the only offensive minded player prepared to go at the defense. Great save denying him a goal. Not so good 2nd half.

Smith, Diallo & Morais not worth rating.

Overall, shambles of a performance. Didnt see us string 5 consecutive passes together once. Sort it PD

Edited by sjk2008

-1 Rep already for voicing an opinion - furthermore, it sort of runs parallel with other accounts of today. Sheesh oldhamains, give him a break...

shrug.gif

Not to fussed Rummy, this is the guy who thinks we were the better team today. Quite clearly incorrect.

Dreadful today. Tbh, I see it as my fault as well. I haven't seen us win at home since a 2-1 win over Bristol Rovers April 2010. That's due to a combination of me not attending a lot of home games and the fact our home record is gash to say the least. My old man asked me to come today (you can blame him i suppose) but I knew we'd get beat. I just want to see us win at home but I must be a bad luck charm to say the least.

Worst thing is, not only did we get beat, but the performance was an utter disgrace.

Cisak 5. Looked as though he could have done better with the first goal (not to take anything away from Douglas' strike)

Diamond 5. See Clarke.

Mvoto 3. Dire. Never seen a player look so uncomfortable in control of the football (that's when on the rare occasion he does control it). Can't pass either.

Wesolowski 6. Battled well. Shone a little simply because of the lack of involvement from Adeyami.

Taylor 5. Again, nothing. Seems happier gobbing it off to opposition players. Can't cross a ball either yet he's the corner taker?

Kuqi 5. First time I have seen him this season. Not going to start calling him :censored: cause has 3 already and it could have been one of those games. Poor game though. Should have changed his boots at half time. Spent most of the day either miscontrolling it or slipping on his arse.

Reid 7. Decent first half, looked to be the only offensive minded player prepared to go at the defense. Great save denying him a goal. Not so good 2nd half.

Overall, shambles of a performance. Didnt see us string 5 consecutive passes together once. Sort it PD

Agree with all that except 3 - Adeyemi

I assume you gave him 3 for 1/ turning up/1- starting the first half and 1 for starting the second half.

the guy is totally out of his depth and Norwich must be having a laugh if they think this guy is a footballer.

Not even a passenger because even passengers move about now and again.

We have played with 10 men every game he has played and whilst i accept he is young and a very lot to learn maybe he should do it somewhere his level - The Red Lion !!!!

The performance wasn't a shambles. We created plenty of chances, should have scored a few today, some great crosses begging for someone to be on the end of it, Brentford really struggled with crosses all game, shame we did as well. We weren't as flowing as we can be, some players didn't perform to their abilities whereas others such as Reid really impressed (albeit the scoring part). Brentford played well and we were sloppy for their two goals. Remember it's the same side that beat Walsall and Orient last week so alls not too bad.

Today could have been better, we could have won that had things been a little different. In my eyes hardly a shambles, just a defeat.

Well it was no where near as bad as some are making out, I wonder do Latics watch games with negative glasses. Cisak had no chance with the 1st, it went through a crowd of players and into the bottom corner. Adeyemi was poor today that is undebatable, but out of his depth really? Really? What is that based the game today or all the matches he has played? He was man of the match against Stevenage and has proven that he can create chances on the ball, but as per usual fans see someone have a bad game and rather than go 'everyone has one'. It's boo your f*cking s*it, tell you what if you never have a bad day at work then complain.

They were well organised and have won I think someone said 5 away games on the bounce, give them credit for goodness sake. I'm not talking to anyone on here but I've seen someone on Twitter calling for Dickov to leave, is this really what footballs fans have become? Negative, depressed, triggy happy bunch, who are annoyed by being beated by a top 8 side.

Well it was no where near as bad as some are making out, I wonder do Latics watch games with negative glasses. Cisak had no chance with the 1st, it went through a crowd of players and into the bottom corner. Adeyemi was poor today that is undebatable, but out of his depth really? Really? What is that based the game today or all the matches he has played? He was man of the match against Stevenage and has proven that he can create chances on the ball, but as per usual fans see someone have a bad game and rather than go 'everyone has one'. It's boo your f*cking s*it, tell you what if you never have a bad day at work then complain.

They were well organised and have won I think someone said 5 away games on the bounce, give them credit for goodness sake. I'm not talking to anyone on here but I've seen someone on Twitter calling for Dickov to leave, is this really what footballs fans have become? Negative, depressed, triggy happy bunch, who are annoyed by being beated by a top 8 side.

+1

Diamond 5. See Clarke.

Overall, shambles of a performance. Didn't see us string 5 consecutive passes together once. Sort it PD

So even in this short (so far) thread we have greatly differing opinions - yesterday's performance was either an utter shambles or a game in which we had many chances and crosses but came up against a decent side.

Player ratings mark players for a single performance and as such sometimes look harsh - did Cisak really deserve a 5? Granted from where I was sitting it looked a poor effort for the first goal but those in the Chaddy End may well see a different picture - was he unsighted? Did the ball swerve? He certainly had little chance with the second.

Also - I don't think that anyone would argue against the low mark for Adeyemi - he had a bad game. But then so did Simpson (contributed nothing to the game) and MVoto who looked as nervous as a schoolboy - this guy is a confidence player and when it goes...

We also witnessed Kuqi put in a lackluster display - contrast his game yesterday against his performance last week. And Chris Taylor spent too much of the game tackling back and playing deep - not where we need him.

But for me there is no getting away from the fact that yesterday was a poor performance - I left the ground extremely disappointed - too many players had poor games and overall we lacked shape and ideas. Granted we had many crosses into the box - but the all seemed to flash across the box with no final touch.

What was missing yesterday is simple to explain - we lacked tempo and shape and too many players went missing. Adeyemi and Simpson do not look the part for me and we cannot play without a recognized left back.

A chance to put it right next week at Exeter - we seem to have more idea away from BP.

Not a shambles but not very good either. :angry:

So even in this short (so far) thread we have greatly differing opinions - yesterday's performance was either an utter shambles or a game in which we had many chances and crosses but came up against a decent side.

Player ratings mark players for a single performance and as such sometimes look harsh - did Cisak really deserve a 5? Granted from where I was sitting it looked a poor effort for the first goal but those in the Chaddy End may well see a different picture - was he unsighted? Did the ball swerve? He certainly had little chance with the second.

Also - I don't think that anyone would argue against the low mark for Adeyemi - he had a bad game. But then so did Simpson (contributed nothing to the game) and MVoto who looked as nervous as a schoolboy - this guy is a confidence player and when it goes...

We also witnessed Kuqi put in a lackluster display - contrast his game yesterday against his performance last week. And Chris Taylor spent too much of the game tackling back and playing deep - not where we need him.

But for me there is no getting away from the fact that yesterday was a poor performance - I left the ground extremely disappointed - too many players had poor games and overall we lacked shape and ideas. Granted we had many crosses into the box - but the all seemed to flash across the box with no final touch.

What was missing yesterday is simple to explain - we lacked tempo and shape and too many players went missing. Adeyemi and Simpson do not look the part for me and we cannot play without a recognized left back.

A chance to put it right next week at Exeter - we seem to have more idea away from BP.

I think there were elements of both in the same game so it's a matter of what you focus on. I thought we were unlucky to be behind at half time and were very poor in the second half. Credit Brentford though, I think they old-manned us a bit, breaking up any momentum with a series of 'injuries' and a lot of time wasting which the referee was too weak to stop. I think the Cisak rating is very harsh, I was sat behind the goal and haven't seen a replay to say whether it swerved or got a nick on it, but it did fly through a ruck of players so Cisak will have seen it very late. And he didn't look far from saving it.

Agree 100% with this and it is not the shambles people make out just too many players having off day?

However , you have to question PD on why he keeps selecting Adeyemi when his contribution for every game he has played (except 15 minutes of the second half against Stevenage) has been NIL.

Why wasn't Lee put there and one of the left footers on the bench could have gone to LB.

The shambles is 1 win in 15 home games and unless PD sorts it quickly the crowds will be below 2500. :mad: