BBC Highlights - Brentford

Gomper up top misses another sitter as well.

Alot of the time I feel for him, because all we do is hoof it to him and he's not clever enough when defenders draw the foul out of him, but that miss is poor, and there have been a few.

Would have been better starting the season in the reserves building some confidence and banging a few in rather than being our 3rd choice striker, well 2nd choice until Kuqi arrived.

Gomper up top misses another sitter as well.

Alot of the time I feel for him, because all we do is hoof it to him and he's not clever enough when defenders draw the foul out of him, but that miss is poor, and there have been a few.

Would have been better starting the season in the reserves building some confidence and banging a few in rather than being our 3rd choice striker, well 2nd choice until Kuqi arrived.

point on the way to being proven.

Morais your new boo boy Prozac ?

Morais really needs to sharpen up on his acceleration, it's what made him such an exciting player when he joined the club, he's lost some of that and I think it's frustrating him.

Keep working hard in training and in the reserves until he feels back to his best is what's needed IMO.

BTW if I was a Championship club scout at the reserve game yesterday I'd be following up on Diallo and Tarkowski (who now looks as if he has recovered from that long standing injury problem).

These are rough diamonds, once polished up they will become quite valuable.

Edited by BP1960

Morais your new boo boy Prozac ?

Not a boo boy, tell it like it is and whilst I thought we were crying out for his unpredictability during the Stevenage game, I will admit that Morais is a big source of frustration for me. When he plays we are left exposed due to his indiscipline (or the manager's insistence in seemingly letting him wander wherever he wants) he rarely checks back properly and that leaves us two against one. Add in the fact he will invariably take a touch too many and waste a good position to get a cross or shot in and it's clear to see where my frustrations lie.

However, he's provided two good assists this season from set-pieces (at Scunny and v Dale) and has the ability to win a game on his own. I've always felt he's more effective off the bench and I think he is out of the starting line-up on merit after his injury. The nut-megging for the second on Saturday is merely a red-herring. My reservations surrounding Morais have been there since day one.

Edited by oafcprozac

I have seen Philipe play a fair number of occassions and I remember commentating at one point to my Dad that for a he could easily be the 'sterotypical lazy flair' player that float round the leagues, he actually surprised me with how much he did work off the ball.

Now I'll admit that the second goal on Saturday might have been an example of the opposite and potentially his attitude may have changed a bit after getting 'signed up' (will keep an eye on him a bit more to see what I think) but to say never is in my opinion incorrect.

First goal looks very soft from a 'keeper point of view, but I think he was unsighted until late on and therfore dives late.

Here we go...

Enough to now that's it unfair to suggest that he never tracks back.

Genuine question, I know your geographic location, so you may not have seen as much of him as I have (Home and Away - my issues are more away from him with him, but you may have seen him at close quarters in his spell North of the Border) tracking back is one thing getting involved is another and is outweighed by the times he is caught upfield and doesn't track back or get back to where he should be. Typical winger in that respect but as I say equally he can win a game with a flash of quality, and to be fair he was exposed due to the manager's tactical mistake on Saturday, why Lee wasn't switched to the right of the three I don't know!? But I still say we have been at our best under Dickov when we have been compact outwide, (Playing players like Jones and Lewi there) obviously we haven't the players to play that game anymore imo, but we can use the pace in the squad when fit by using Diallo and Parker and Parker surprised me at Scunny by the defensive work he put in when Lee was struggling...

Genuine question, I know your geographic location, so you may not have seen as much of him as I have (Home and Away - my issues are more away from him with him, but you may have seen him at close quarters in his spell North of the Border) tracking back is one thing getting involved is another and is outweighed by the times he is caught upfield and doesn't track back or get back to where he should be. Typical winger in that respect but as I say equally he can win a game with a flash of quality, and to be fair he was exposed due to the manager's tactical mistake on Saturday, why Lee wasn't switched to the right of the three I don't know!? But I still say we have been at our best under Dickov when we have been compact outwide, (Playing players like Jones and Lewi there) obviously we haven't the players to play that game anymore imo, but we can use the pace in the squad when fit by using Diallo and Parker and Parker surprised me at Scunny by the defensive work he put in when Lee was struggling...

No doubt he was at fault on Saturday. I get the impression he hasn't been fully fit at all this season (nor at the end of last season), not that I'm excusing his lack of running there.

Dickov seems to want to play with proper widemen but sadly he doesn't have the players. Morais is no out-and-out winger. Nor will Taylor ever be, as long as he's playing on the left.

No doubt you've seen more of Morais than I have but I've seen him putting in a shift. I'm not saying it's not something he could improve upon, just that it's unfair to state that he never looks interested in getting back to defend.