Tranmere abandoned

Good news he's "OK" and I'm glad to see football is getting better and better at treating head injuries.

Kudos to the NHS as well as:

19:45 kick off

20:24 head injury occurs

20:55 (roughly) he leaves the pitch after 30 minutes of treatment

He then goes in an ambulance to hospital (and that might not have been the nearest- due to facilities available) has the required scan(s) which take a lot longer than you think and by 22:50 a press release has come out to say he's "OK".

Amongst that kudos a big pat on the back to the medical staff (and possible skilled crowd members) of both clubs.

Talksport's on the spot reporter/doctor should be fired, because they're obviously sh*t in both capacities.

Hope none of the lad's family, probably based 200 odd miles away near Colchester and out of their mind with worry, heard that particular report...

Talksport's on the spot reporter/doctor should be fired, because they're obviously sh*t in both capacities.

Hope none of the lad's family, probably based 200 odd miles away near Colchester and out of their mind with worry, heard that particular report...

SSN were also reporting it was a broken neck; then as the night went on - they back-tracked to finish with the lad being 'OK & Stable in hospital'

Even worse, My Dad text me to say had I heard about an Accy player dying on the pitch? He'd been text by work-mate who had seen that being posted on twitter.

Like you; I hope the young lads family hadn't heard any of the conflicting reports; as they must have been beiside themselves with panic if they had......

But surely medical staff at the scene would have been concerned about a possible broken neck? What is meant to be reported?

"Head Injury" like the majority of other sources.

I could be wrong, but I doubt very much the Talksport reporter at the game was qualified to identify a "suspected broken neck".

Amongst that kudos a big pat on the back to the medical staff (and possible skilled crowd members) of both clubs.

That seems a bit premature now... I've just seen the clip and the physio lifts someone with a head injury (lay unconcious face down) by his left arm/shoulder and half rolls him over.

Thank :censored: he hadn't actually broken anything in his head/neck as the guy could have made it a lot, lot worse!!

That seems a bit premature now... I've just seen the clip and the physio lifts someone with a head injury (lay unconcious face down) by his left arm/shoulder and half rolls him over.

Thank :censored: he hadn't actually broken anything in his head/neck as the guy could have made it a lot, lot worse!!

Just seen on SSN and as a first Aider I thought..nooooooooooooooooo...you stupid man...doh!!!....could have paralysed him.

i always get paranoid about swallowing my tongue when i play footy...but that's just me....must be awful

I don't see why, it is not physically possible........ even for Gene Simmons.

You can temporarily block the airflow with your tongue going back and towards the roof of your mouth, but failure to breathe activates "fail safe" muscle contractions to start to clear any blockage. These contractions are more than enough to clear any tongue based obstruction.

The only reason this may not work is if suffer paralysis from the neck up, or 100% paralysis - and then you are done for anyway.