Worst Away Trip Ever?

Tyre shredded out on the M56 motorway, bloody big skrew in it, stuck on the hard shoulder for 1hr 20mins!!!

Wheel nuts too tight only a space saver in the boot, crap little jack thing also RAC membership expired had to pay over the odds to get home.

Also the game was dire and we lost.

Got me thinking this is one of the worst away trips ever for me, anyone else had a similar nightmare trip watching latics?

I did hear a rumour that a coach stopped on the hard shoulder today to allow a couple of lads of for a wee.

Driver got fixed penalty fine and 3 points for stopping, and similar (without the points) for those who got off the coach.

Anybody got any truth in the story?

funnilly enough was also on way to tranmere engine blew up.pn my car leaving myself and my daughter stuck on the hard shoulder .spookily my RAC membership had expired so they would only tow us to a place of safety .persuaded the RAC man to tow us to the nearest station where we left the car then caught a train to lime st not the friendliest of places to be stuck waiting for a train of an evening .completely missed the game which we lost 4-0 ended up on the same train as all the latics fans and didn't get home untill after midnight having had to carry my now sleeping 8 year old daughter 3 miles from the station .to cap it all off some little chav bin dippers had nicked my stereo whilst car left overnight at Hooton station and the incurance refused to pay out .

I did hear a rumour that a coach stopped on the hard shoulder today to allow a couple of lads of for a wee.

Driver got fixed penalty fine and 3 points for stopping, and similar (without the points) for those who got off the coach.

one of the White Hart coaches I believe

funnilly enough was also on way to tranmere engine blew up.pn my car leaving myself and my daughter stuck on the hard shoulder .spookily my RAC membership had expired so they would only tow us to a place of safety .persuaded the RAC man to tow us to the nearest station where we left the car then caught a train to lime st not the friendliest of places to be stuck waiting for a train of an evening .completely missed the game which we lost 4-0 ended up on the same train as all the latics fans and didn't get home untill after midnight having had to carry my now sleeping 8 year old daughter 3 miles from the station .to cap it all off some little chav bin dippers had nicked my stereo whilst car left overnight at Hooton station and the incurance refused to pay out .

Had some nightmare jouneys myself peanuts but no fecker can beat yours. Big up to ya falla :comeon:

Coming back from our awful performance v Leeds in February last year, at 1am because the coach had been delayed, along England's Highest Motorway in a blizzard that reduced visibility down to about 10 yards, and thinking to myself "please God, i don't want to die in Yorkshire".

Peanuts driving back from Hudds hitting a pot hole and bursting a tyre on Grains rd, only for Chaddy to entertain the passing motorists while we all laughed at Peanuts getting frustrated!

White Hart Coach you say?

Its probably my dad!

Peanuts driving back from Hudds hitting a pot hole and bursting a tyre on Grains rd, only for Chaddy to entertain the passing motorists while we all laughed at Peanuts getting frustrated!

Its probably my dad!

was rather amusing seing other motorist faces when they came upon a 5ft owl in a tracksuit at the side of a dark Grains road how nobody crashed whilst gawking i will never know !

got a nice £500 pay out of ombc for the cracked wheel and tyre = win

Fair Play that beats mine. If we had won it would have been a little bit better! Just need two new tyres cos i am fecked if I am keeping that space saver!

Fair Play that beats mine. If we had won it would have been a little bit better! Just need two new tyres cos i am fecked if I am keeping that space saver!

had to bin my 106 as there was a big piston shaped hole in the block !

not the worst away trip ive heard about wasnt there some poor soul had to walk back from chesterfield in the snow during the 70s ended up kipping in an abandend car ina fiels near holmfirth untill they were evicted by a tramp !

seem to remeber seing something about it on here or may have been on jkl

had to bin my 106 as there was a big piston shaped hole in the block !

not the worst away trip ive heard about wasnt there some poor soul had to walk back from chesterfield in the snow during the 70s ended up kipping in an abandend car ina fiels near holmfirth untill they were evicted by a tramp !

seem to remeber seing something about it on here or may have been on jkl

:lol: Bad for the guy but that's some away trip dedication lol

Yesterday I couldn't help but sing to the tune of sloop john B 'this is the worst trip ive ever been on' while on the other side of the motorway barrier while the Wife to be just looked at me in dismay questioning my manhood as it just cost me £140 to get the RAC to change a tyre!!!!

Wheel nuts too tight and Jack was kack, that was my excuse :unsure:

Last away game in the premier league. Norwich. Absolutely lashing it down and the coach wipers failed. Had to tie shoe laces together and the two guys at the front had to pull them through the windows all the way home. Laces kept snapping and the rows of shoelaceless people kept creeping further back.

And to top it off - we were relegated!

Last away game in the premier league. Norwich. Absolutely lashing it down and the coach wipers failed. Had to tie shoe laces together.......

Bloody hell i thought that story was going to have a horrific tragic ending when you said that. :shock:

Only the driver got fined.

Its probably my dad!

It was!

Mansfield away 2003, missed my connecting train in Sheffield meaning I had to get a later one which would of got me into Mansfield at 3pm, but the train never made it to Mansfield as it was hit with a breeze block somewhere in between Sheffield and Worksop meaning I spent most of the game stuck on the train and the other half going home :disappointed:

Hereford away when we lost 5-0. My mate did an accumulator that day. 2 from each section that would have won over a grand. Milwall were the only team to let him down, by coneding a goal 5 mins from time. (I think against Bristol Rovers).

Even though it was a great away day - everton. I had McDonald first scorer. A fiver @ 25/1. I said "Should I do another fiver on 1-0 McDonald at 150/1? - Nah, I'll get a pie instead and save my money"

Edited by pukka

Hereford away when we lost 5-0. My mate did an accumulator that day. 2 from each section that would have won over a grand. Milwall were the only team to let him down, by coneding a goal 5 mins from time. (I think against Bristol Rovers).

Even though it was a great away day - everton. I had McDonald first scorer. A fiver @ 25/1. I said "Should I do another fiver on 1-0 McDonald at 150/1? - Nah, I'll get a pie instead and save my money"

That happened to me last week against MK Mongs.

I went to put a bet on behind the chaddy, £5 kuqi first goal oldham win 2-1 @55/1!!

The Mrs said don't waste your money, so I put a daft £2 bet on something else (don't question my logic I have none)

THEN the Mrs went and put £3 on my initial bet and won £168 for 'HERSELF' :blink:

Many awaydays to remember for disasters, one i do recall didnt really happen to me, coming back from Hartlepools one boxing day, having been beaten 2-1. Two lads slid off the A road near Hartlepool, into the ditch alongside the road, we stopped to see if they were ok and carried on, dont know the lads if anyone knows them hope they got home ok im sure somebody on here will know them.

Edited by yardie28

Many awaydays to remember for disasters, one i do recall didnt really happen to me, coming back from Hartlepools one boxing day, having been beaten 2-1. Two lads slid off the A road near Hartlepool, into the ditch alongside the road, we stopped to see if they were ok and carried on, dont know the lads if anyone knows them hope they got home ok im sure somebody on here will know them.

yeah i know them and they got home safe car was a wright off tho rear axle ripped out of alignment

why am i starting to feel abit of a jonah on this thread lol