Stone Roses

beag_teeets

Same here! Had the confirmation email, fingers crossed I got my card details correct?

I'm going to be one of the lairy past it blokes re-living the old days.

I was all set to log on to buy them but thanks to a massive BT (British Telecom that is, not Beag Teeets) outage our net and phone lines were down. They came back up at about 9.40am but obviously it was carnage by that point. Cheers for that BT, you useless bunch of turds! :mad:

Edited by danoafc

Easy way to make a few quid innit. Happens all the time. Pretty much impossible to stop.

Doesn't make it right does it. And I'm sure there are ways of stopping/reducing it happening. Make the tickets non-transferable or online auctions could put a restriction only allowing sales of tickets within 2 weeks of the event or similar. That way the original purchaser is potentially a couple of hundred quid out of pocket for 6 months or so.

I'm sure there are lots of ways of making it more difficult.

Edited by danoafc

I was all set to log on to buy them but thanks to a massive BT (British Telecom that is, not Beag Teeets) outage our net and phone lines were down. They came back up at about 9.40am but obviously it was carnage by that point. Cheers for that BT, you useless bunch of turds! :mad:

No offence taken Dan. :grin:

OK, The Stone Roses may have reformed, but the important band in John Squire's life was undoubtedly The Seahorses. Chris Helme, the lead singer of that band plays The Junction, 13 Ripponden Road on Tuesday 1st November. Tickets are priced at £9 and are available from:

www.wegottickets.com/junctioninn

or call me on 0161 633 2759, to reserve a ticket and I will add you to the list of people paying on the night.

Anyway, you can all get back to talking about the band that coulda been The Seahorses now...

OK, The Stone Roses may have reformed, but the important band in John Squire's life was undoubtedly The Seahorses. Chris Helme, the lead singer of that band plays The Junction, 13 Ripponden Road on Tuesday 1st November. Tickets are priced at £9 and are available from:

www.wegottickets.com/junctioninn

or call me on 0161 633 2759, to reserve a ticket and I will add you to the list of people paying on the night.

Anyway, you can all get back to talking about the band that coulda been The Seahorses now...

God loves a trier! :grin:

If 'Love is the Law' was a Stone Roses song people would still be jizzing their kecks today.

I doubt it would be considered one of their classics if they had written it.

Thought it was alright, a bit silly, but the only Seahorses song I can really remember.

didn't get one :(

what fecks me off is that they're already popping up on seatwave from those who never had any intention to go

I've just got 180 quid for two tickets I sold on ebay for the Saturday gig. I was hoping for 200, yesterday I was hoping for at least 250 after seeing what others went for.

I think a lot of sellers are like me - they get through on the phone/internet and take the opportunity and get the maximum allowed. Then, if your close mates have also managed to get sorted you then try to flog your spares for as much as possible.

4 tickets cost me 245 quid inc all the rip off fees. So, with the 180 I've recouped, it's like I've paid 65 quid for 2 tickets. Can't complain.

Do feel sorry for the proper Roses fans who didn't manage to get tickets, but that's life. And like what happened with Oasis - Heaton Park, I expect you'll be able to pick up tickets for face value closer to the time of the gig.

If 'Love is the Law' was a Stone Roses song people would still be jizzing their kecks today.

If you'd said Blinded By The Sun, i might have agreed with you.

I'd forgotten just how much money record companies were prepared to piss up the wall on music videos in the 90s. Don't let that distract you from how good the song is though.

Like a lot of people, i was a bit apprehensive about the possibility of the Roses crapping on their legacy with a cash-in reunion. But as an article in the Guardian today (under the headline What's The Worst That Can Happen?) pointed out, it surely can't possibly be worse than their last gig at Reading 96, and their reputation somehow survived that.

i still can't see the 'world tour' happening though, Ian Brown will kill John Squire before they make it past Birmingham.

Rumoured tour dates

Thu 5 July Echo Arena,Liverpool

Sat 7 July O2 Arena,London

Sun 8 July O2 Arena,London

Wed 11 July SECC,Glasgow

Fri 13 July Slane Castle,Ireland

Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens,Belfast

Mon 16 July iTunes Festival,London

Fri 20 July Espacio Movistar,Barcelona,Spain

Sat 21 July Palacio de Deportes,Madrid,Spain

Mon 23 July Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy,Paris,France

Wed 25 July Futurshow Station,Bologna,Italy

Thur 26 July Datch Forum,Milan,Italy

Sat 28 July O2 World,Berlin,Germany

Sun 29 July Color Line Arena,Hamburg,Germany

Tue 2 Aug Globe Arena,Stockholm,Sweden

Wed 3 Aug Spektrum,Oslo,Norway

• 1 month later...

Ian Brown and John Squire's first gig together in 16 years, at a Hillsborough Justice Campaign benefit at the Ritz:

Would have loved to have been there.

Anyone remember Audioweb? Did a decent, own twist, cover of Bankrobber. Not got a Roses ticket myself yet favourite band of my youth so I am going. Pay a little bit more but will just wait nearer the time. The hype's done my head in