Sheffield weds away now a night match

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2495069,00.html

Bit gutted about this, would have been a much better following with a 3pm KO at Easter... Wish the club could have some say and say no.

Must be a nightmare being in the Prem, i get annoyed when they change 1 game a season.

Edited by NIKI1234

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2495069,00.html

Bit gutted about this, would have been a much better following with a 3pm KO at Easter... Wish the club could have some say and say no.

Must be a nightmare being in the Prem, i get annoyed when they change 1 game a season.

I had cold sweats running down my back for a sec because I thought it was the Sheff Utd match and I have a weekend planned around it!

Sheff Wednesday away is ages away why are they even thinking about this now? Plus the City is empty on a Tuesday

Change it six months in advance = Too soon

Change it a month in advance = Too late

If they're set on moving it they were never going to please everyone...

What about 3 months in advance? :P

Seems a strange decision though, they will sell more tickets on the bank holiday.

It happened at Colchester once. It's to cater for all those who say they can't get to games on Bank Holiday Mondays due to other commitments.

The reason is due to Gary Megson, take a look on Sheffield Weds forum.

They aint happy about it. There fans reckon on a Easter bank holiday monday would have been pulling close to 24k but now they say they will be lucky to get 16k. Not to mention our away following will be largly affected.

Doing things with family is high up on the list of reasons for not attending football matches on Bank Holiday Mondays.

Some maybe spend time with the family but more dont. In fact take a look at nearly all teams that play at home on Easter Bank Hols and they will have a better gate than any normal Saturday and better than any Tuesday night crowd

Edited by NIKI1234

I dont get it. The crowd will be down, where do you get this theory from? Has somebody actually said this?

It happened at Colchester once. It's to cater for all those who say they can't get to games on Bank Holiday Mondays due to other commitments.

Doing non-football things with the family during the afternoon was the reason given by Colchester, when the game was moved to the evening.