Can we please have diamond back in now

Dickov's reluctance to change winning sides is continually costing us.

and Black,

Mellor's a cracking player but is being played out of position to accommodate Adeyemi….Mellor is targeted (like Winchester was at FB) every week. Don't know if Mellor was targeted today but seeing as Zoko is a right-winger it is fair to say he was…no doubt Dickov will blame everyone but himself.

Peterborough away we blow a 2-0 and ship 5

Exeter 3-0 draw 3-3

Carlisle last season blow 2-0

Carlisle this season blow a 3-0

WTF does he say at HT?

BUT if you had said we'd score 6 goals in the two away games this week and not lose I would have bitten your hand off. But after losing a 3-0 lead today and looking at PNE's result at home to Bournemouth it looks to be 4 points lost…..worse thing is i'm ill at the moment and having to take strong medication so I can't even have a beer, doubly pissed off!!!!

Dickov's reluctance to change winning sides is continually costing us.

No, he used to do that all the time and it's cost us in the past.

Today isn't a bad result, but the manner of it is.

Sweeping changes arn't the answer - we've nearly got a good first eleven in place. The centre of defence is the only area which needs some attention, in my opinion.

Exeter 3-0 draw 3-3

Funnily enough my first thought after we went 3-0 up (well OK the second thought, after YEEEEAH :censored:ING GET IN) was 'Remember Exeter'. It does seem to be a problem, we do somehow seem to play worse when we're ahead.

Funnily enough my first thought after we went 3-0 up (well OK the second thought, after YEEEEAH :censored:ING GET IN) was 'Remember Exeter'. It does seem to be a problem, we do somehow seem to play worse when we're ahead.

Bringing Morais on when up against it was a massive :censored: up, the guy is the worst player we have at ball retention and one of the reasons why we score so few goals with him in the team, awesome to watch at times but he is a liability away from home and from a few that were there, some are coming round to the same view.

Edited by oafcprozac

Bringing Morais on when up against it was a massive :censored: up, the guy is the worst player we have at ball retention and one of the reasons why we score so few goals with him in the team, awesome to watch at times but he is a liability away from home and from a few that were there, some are coming round to the same view.

Why was Wes taken off?

Why was Wes taken off?

Injured, but he still had the option of moving Adeyemi in the middle (which he did) but bring Black on at LB and move young Dave to LW. Even Diamond and go five at the back he should have acted the moment they scored after half-time, yet he froze (PD) AGAIN!

and Black,

Mellor's a cracking player but is being played out of position to accommodate Adeyemi….Mellor is targeted (like Winchester was at FB) every week. Don't know if Mellor was targeted today but seeing as Zoko is a right-winger it is fair to say he was…no doubt Dickov will blame everyone but himself.

Peterborough away we blow a 2-0 and ship 5

Exeter 3-0 draw 3-3

Carlisle last season blow 2-0

Carlisle this season blow a 3-0

WTF does he say at HT?

BUT if you had said we'd score 6 goals in the two away games this week and not lose I would have bitten your hand off. But after losing a 3-0 lead today and looking at PNE's result at home to Bournemouth it looks to be 4 points lost…..worse thing is i'm ill at the moment and having to take strong medication so I can't even have a beer, doubly pissed off!!!!

It is true, can someone sneak in and tape Mancini's team talk.

WTF does he say at HT?

A mate's just texted me to say they've just announced a stat on local radio that 85% of the goals we've conceeded under Dickov have been in the second half.

WTF indeed does he say at half time??

A mate's just texted me to say they've just announced a stat on local radio that 85% of the goals we've conceeded under Dickov have been in the second half.

Time for Hardy to suggest at next FL meeting that games should just be a one-half 45 minute game? :grin:

(Being sarcastic before anyone says out...)

Dickov's Record Overall

43 goals Scored 1st Half

29 goals Conceded 1st half

37 goals Scored 2nd Half

62 goals Conceded 2nd Half (68.13%)

Won or drawn from behind 9

Charlton (A) D

Bristol Rovers (H) D

Bournemouth (H) W

Brentford (A) W

Plymouth (H) W

Walsall (H) D

Hudds (H) D

Stevenage (H) D

Orient (A) W

Lost or drawn when in front 14

Scunny (LC) (A) L

Peterborough (A)

Brighton (A) L

Orient (H) D

Southampton (A) (D)

Exeter (H) D

Dale (A) D

Hartlepool (A) L

Walsall (A) D

Carlisle (A) D

Dagenham (H) D

Yeovil (A) D

Carlisle (LC) (H)

Carlisle (A)

All competitions

Edited by oafcprozac

Personally i would say Dickov needs to learn how to close games out when in front.. When other teams come to BP and are ahead they slow the game down, and then make substitutions late on and get players to walk off slowly to slow play down and break up the oppositions attacking mind frame in the final 5 minutes or so..

Looking at stats, 3 games in 7 days and only 3 subs used, Smith twice and Morais once.. What harm would it have done taking kuqi off and bringing on smith late on today to break up play..

We all know Dickov is young (in managerial sense) and hopefully he will learn to be more astute in the second half at closing out games.. tired players will always make mistakes.. but all in all everyone on here would have taken a point today..

Personally i would say Dickov needs to learn how to close games out when in front.. When other teams come to BP and are ahead they slow the game down, and then make substitutions late on and get players to walk off slowly to slow play down and break up the oppositions attacking mind frame in the final 5 minutes or so..

Looking at stats, 3 games in 7 days and only 3 subs used, Smith twice and Morais once.. What harm would it have done taking kuqi off and bringing on smith late on today to break up play..

We all know Dickov is young (in managerial sense) and hopefully he will learn to be more astute in the second half at closing out games.. tired players will always make mistakes.. but all in all everyone on here would have taken a point today..

We're rightly totally pissed off tonight, but on reflection it is only the 2nd time we've blown a lead all season and on both occasions it has been against our Cumbrian Bogey Team, agree with PD needing to learn fast how to close a game out, that 90th minute goal cost us SIX league places!

Edited by oafcprozac

3-0 flattered us, but it was a lead we should have defended.

To concede on half time was careless. Half time chat "don't concede an early goal". So we duly do. I thought we'd weathered a fairly strong storm and then they grab one late on in injury time. Even then we had an even later chance to win it from a corner - wrong player headed it and their keeper made a decent save.

There were some bizarre things happening on and off the pitch. Our ball retention until about the 80th minute was unbelievably poor. The inability to find a Latics shirt with the easiest of passes. Then we got it together.

Kieron Lee overlapping regularly at 3-2 when we were under the cosh. Why, when they were attacking us so frequently and with such ease down both flanks is our right back getting further forwards than anyone else? Seemed bizarre.

The substitution was the worst decision I can recall Dickov making as manager. Weso injured so he puts on fancy dan Morais. Now I like Filipe. I think he's an exceptional talent. But we were rocking back and our best tackler went off. The solutions that went through my mind were:

Black to left back, push Mellor in to the midfield.

Diamond to centre back push Clarke in to midfield.

Diamond to centre back, Clarke to right back, Lee in to the middle.

Morais never entered my head as the right sub to bring on. If he'd scored (and he had a great chance) Dickov may have been lauded as inspired, but I actuaally think there's something not quite right with Morais' attitude at the moment. Wrong sub at the wrong time in the wrong game. That's not to say Morais is to blame for it all. We'd already conceded 2 goals before he came on, so it's not a scapegoating job.

You've then got running down the clock time. He didn't bring a sub on, despite having two left. Smith on for Simpson. More height to defend with at corners. No :censored:, we concede a goal to an injury time corner.

Carlisle were good value for the point. They battered us second half but we invited that pressure on to us, both with the actions of the players and the decisions of the manager.

I'd have taken a draw before kick off. But whereas the Preston draw felt like a win, this one feels like a sickening defeat.

(By the way, I'd have picked the 11 who started, with the possible exception of Mellor. I think Clarke / M'Voto look a better pairing than any of the Diamond options)

Edited by opinions4u

Let's not forget the positives.

Excellent header from Adeyemi, confusing their defence with the Weso run today!

Excellent cross from Mellor that led to Kuqi's excellent finish for the third. But we had players queuing up in the box to stick that in the net. A rare sight indeed!

Question mark on the penalty: It looked like Simpson was about to shoot at goal when he was taken out from behind. Fouling a player who is mid-shot is surely denying a goalscoring opportunity. Isn't it?

3-0 flattered us, but it was a lead we should have defended.

To concede on half time was careless. Half time chat "don't concede an early goal". So we duly do. I thought we'd weathered a fairly strong storm and then they grab one late on in injury time. Even then we had an even later chance to win it from a corner - wrong player headed it and their keeper made a decent save.

There were some bizarre things happening on and off the pitch. Our ball retention until about the 80th minute was unbelievably poor. The inability to find a Latics shirt with the easiest of passes. Then we got it together.

Kieron Lee overlapping regularly at 3-2 when we were under the cosh. Why, when they were attacking us so frequently and with such ease down both flanks is our right back getting further forwards than anyone else? Seemed bizarre.

The substitution was the worst decision I can recall Dickov making as manager. Weso injured so he puts on fancy dan Morais. Now I like Filipe. I think he's an exceptional talent. But we were rocking back and our best tackler went off. The solutions that went through my mind were:

Black to left back, push Mellor in to the midfield.

Diamond to centre back push Clarke in to midfield.

Diamond to centre back, Clarke to right back, Lee in to the middle.

Morais never entered my head as the right sub to bring on. If he'd scored (and he had a great chance) Dickov may have been lauded as inspired, but I actuaally think there's something not quite right with Morais' attitude at the moment. Wrong sub at the wrong time in the wrong game. That's not to say Morais is to blame for it all. We'd already conceded 2 goals before he came on, so it's not a scapegoating job.

You've then got running down the clock time. He didn't bring a sub on, despite having two left. Smith on for Simpson. More height to defend with at corners. No :censored:, we concede a goal to an injury time corner.

Carlisle were good value for the point. They battered us second half but we invited that pressure on to us, both with the actions of the players and the decisions of the manager.

I'd have taken a draw before kick off. But whereas the Preston draw felt like a win, this one feels like a sickening defeat.

(By the way, I'd have picked the 11 who started, with the possible exception of Mellor. I think Clarke / M'Voto look a better pairing than any of the Diamond options)

The players need to take a look at themselves tonight, no matter who is on the pitch you should not be giving away a three goal lead. You dont bring two new defenders on the pitch when your defending a lead, if your bringing on diamonds/black on put them in midfield than unsettling the defence. re Black, he isnt that great hence why he lost his place to mellor (same with Diamonds). Its easy to criticise the subs after the game. Its easy to say he should have done this or that when you cant be proven wrong. If Morais had come on and scored or set up a goal then you wouldn't be saying anything now.