Robbie Simpson

Simpson - the Division One Bergkamp....his performance today drooled class and he was a joy to watch.

To think I had doubts after his first game, but in his defence he was wide played out on the wing in that match and is clearly suited to the roving role he operates now.

When he returns to Huddersfield (temporarily we hope)I think Scapuzzi will also revel in that position.

How interesting.....As a man whom seems balanced in his views on a footballer and gives them a chance,you are right, you did doubt him and on the 10th September after his 1st game, you made this comment about Simpson...

"Simpson looked no improvement on Kirk Miller."

Time and patience hey.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simpson was great today. His third was hilariously bad defending from the keeper though:

I can't stop laughing at it!

Great comedy goalkeeping, but credit where it's due, Simpson was waiting for him to bottle it, challenged for the ball (i can think of at least one former Latics striker who didn't do that once last season) and took advantage of the mistake.

Maybe he should take Strepsils more often if that's how he plays with tonsillitis.

If we sign him, that is if we can agree a deal with Udders, it might be at the expense of Diallo and Parker getting new deals. Simpson will be on a decent wedge at Udders, especially considering they paid a fee for him.

PlayerShare is paying Kuqi's wage until the end of December. Funds will doubtless need replacing, so more members please!

That leads to an assumption that a loanee won't be retained. As we've got Parker on contract until the end of the season, I think it's fair to assume the original plan would be to let Clarke, Diallo or Simpson go back. (I'm assuming we're paying nothing for Scapuzzi and Mancini).

While I've no problem with Clarke not being renewed (Tarky's an adequate replacement at centre half), what little I've seen of Diallo suggests he's the best left back choice we have. I think it's a weak area that needs cover.

So to sign Simpson somebody else would have to be shipped out. The "Mellor to Fulham" rumours might help there. If not, who would you sell / loan out in January to accommodate both Diallo and Simpson in the squad?

Edited by opinions4u

PlayerShare is paying Kuqi's wage until the end of December. Funds will doubtless need replacing, so more members please!

That leads to an assumption that a loanee won't be retained. As we've got Parker on contract until the end of the season, I think it's fair to assume the original plan would be to let Clarke, Diallo or Simpson go back. (I'm assuming we're paying nothing for Scapuzzi and Mancini).

While I've no problem with Clarke not being renewed (Tarky's an adequate replacement at centre half), what little I've seen of Diallo suggests he's the best left back choice we have. I think it's a weak area that needs cover.

So to sign Simpson somebody else would have to be shipped out. The "Mellor to Fulham" rumours might help there. If not, who would you sell / loan out in January to accommodate both Diallo and Simpson in the squad?

Sorry to split hairs but Diallo isn't on loan, he's on a short term contract.

True.

The underlying point about number of bodies on the wage bill still counts though.

Aye, I mean't to put that too but got distracted by the dog's cold wet nose on my elbow whilst typing. You are also right to push for more playershare members, every little helps.

If you could put a price on that feeling you get when the ball hits the net and can afford to donate, that's playershare.

Could that work as a song?