Robbie Simpson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree there.....he goes largely unnoticed but does a very good job for the team. He holds up the ball, usually finds a pass, and defends his space very well.

You need players like that and we don't have too many at this club who work as hard as he does. I didn't go yesterday but it seems there was too much ball watching in the second half, you have to graft for the whole 90 and yesterday we fell short again.

The amount of goals given away at the end of the first half, the beginning of the second and in injury time is bloody criminal and it must be down to concentration.

If we can sort it out we could sneak a playoff place if not we won't.....simples!!

Was totally unimpressed with his first full game , Brentford I think ?

However he has been terrific since , brings some very classy & different aspects to our team.

Shows the strength in depth at Huddy , that he and Clarke (our most consistent player this season imo) are on loan here.

Personally I think he's improved with every game, definitely need to extend his loan and if you include him winning the pen yesterday and his FK for Adeyemi's header, he is top of our assists table with 8...

He's one of the players that are part of a good winning team, he's a steady player, nothing exciting about his play, and will put in a shift every game and is mostly reliable. This is where we want wrong last season, we got rid of the steady reliable wingers, in Jones and Alice, and went for the more luxury one's in White and Morais, who have a good game every 5 games or so.

Was totally unimpressed with his first full game , Brentford I think ?

However he has been terrific since , brings some very classy & different aspects to our team.

Shows the strength in depth at Huddy , that he and Clarke (our most consistent player this season imo) are on loan here.

He's been close to MoM for me for both the Wycombe and Preston games.

He's not a world beater, in fact he's quite a limited player technically; but he does his best with what he's got - and he does all you'd want & expect; in giving 100% all the time. He's done what you want with a player coming in on loan; he's added to the side.

We simply look a lot more solid, settled and reliable with him in the side; so for that reason I hopw we extend the loan for the rest of the season.

Keep it up Robbie!!

• 2 weeks later...

Doing great for me, although he will never be the most skilfull player or score loads of goals, he works like there is no tomorrow.

Although I appreciate, he is like MARMITE (love him or hate him), my mate and Dad call him like fook while me and my brother go mad about his work rate!!!

He's clearly the type that needs a good run in a team to get in the swing but, at the moment, he looks a fine player. Nothings been announced as far as I know but we absolutely should be signing or extending his loan.

His loan is up around Dec 10th- we won't be able to do anything until the new year when the transfer window re-opens. By then he will be available to discuss signing a new contract as his current one expires in June- see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Simpson

He's been the best player recently in our team and his efforts haven't gone unnoticed, I think most people have stated how good he's been. I think we should extend his loan till the end of the season and if possible in January, get him signed on a 1 & half year contract.

Also, Hudds are out of the FA Cup - will they now let us have Clark for the rest of our cup campaign?

<br />Doing great for me, although he will never be the most skilfull player or score loads of goals, he works like there is no tomorrow.<br /><br />Although I appreciate, he is like MARMITE (love him or hate him), MY MATE AND DAD CALL HIM LIKE FOOK while me and my brother go mad about his work rate!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

why? Seems a bit silly to me

Simpson has been our best player week in week out (apart from a poor game against Brentford). He adds a dimension to our team we don't have. Supports the strikers well, superb crosser of a ball & has far more time on the ball then any other midfield player , just look at the sheer number of fouls on him. If Huddy don't want him , get a deal signed up for when & if Huddy go up .

deal can't be extended according to interview on LP.

Has to go back after Sheff Wed game - Would definately come back in Jan if he can.

Said 'the middle of December and the 1st of Jan will feel like forever for me' - sounds like a deal may already be in place for a permanent deal in Jan or another loan.

Been a real team player and has great close control and a football brain - definately plays his best when off the front striker/front 2. Sounds like a real nice bloke as well ans really seems to have taken to the club and players.

Hopefully have you back soon Robbie.

deal can't be extended according to interview on LP.

Has to go back after Sheff Wed game - Would definately come back in Jan if he can.

Said 'the middle of December and the 1st of Jan will feel like forever for me' - sounds like a deal may already be in place for a permanent deal in Jan or another loan.

Been a real team player and has great close control and a football brain - definately plays his best when off the front striker/front 2. Sounds like a real nice bloke as well ans really seems to have taken to the club and players.

Hopefully have you back soon Robbie.

Ah piss flaps

I hope we go back in for him - either another loan or to 'take over his contract' type free transfer deal.

He's been absolutely superb for us, one of the better loan deals of recent years I'd say.

I must admit I had my doubts about Simpson after his first game, but since then he has been exceptional after taking more of a roving role.

I also feel Scapuzzi is out of position wide on the right and would benefit from playing as an attacking central midfielder, however PD can't move Simpson from there at the moment.

I must admit I had my doubts about Simpson after his first game, but since then he has been exceptional after taking more of a roving role.

I also feel Scapuzzi is out of position wide on the right and would benefit from playing as an attacking central midfielder, however PD can't move Simpson from there at the moment.

+1. You can tell Scapuzzi prefers to be inside, as he allows cuts inside rather than go into the space out wide right. Hopefully Simpson comes back in Janaury, but think it will be a loan deal as Hudds might want a fee for him and we probably can't afford it.