Movember Latics players

As its Movember (moustache month) can you raise team of Latics moustachio'd players past and present ?... I'll start you off with a goalkeeper - Bruce Grobbelaar.

Andy Gorton

Ryszard Kowenicki

Gary Hoolickin

Andy Holden

Neil Pointon

Felipe Morais

Tony Henry

Paul Atkinson

Roger Palmer

Mick Quinn

Sean McCarthy

Didn't WInston Dubose have a tash??

Might have done, can't remember it really, he came to the Latics late in his career and only played one match in the FL cup, I think he was injured and not taken on, he did look a fine keeper though.

A rowdy match with George Best sent off.

Edited by BP1960

Might have done, can't remember it really, he came to the Latics late in his career and only played one match in the FL cup, I think he was injured and not taken on, he did look a fine keeper though.

Dubose didn't have a tash, he did indeed only play once (in the 4-0 win over Darlington, in the 2nd round 2nd leg of the Littlewoods Cup in October '88), Andy Rhodes was injured and Bradford would not allow the on loan Peter Litchfield play.

Dubose was at the club until the Spring when he returned to America, during his spell he was a regular for the reserves. I'm not sure why he was not taken on, but he left on good terms. I don't remember him being injured just the fact that Andy Rhodes was back from injury quicker than envisaged and Joe Royle was particularly fussy over his goalkeepers, and although Rhodes fell out of favour by late January '89, Royle moved to sign Jon Hallworth. I think the main reason he left was lack of first-team football. Given that he was here for around 6 months he must have secured some sort of work permit.

Hilarious yank commentary......just like the old soccer am sketches.....

Hilarious yank commentary......just like the old soccer am sketches.....

Send the link to Soccer AM snookermeister, they will love it.

Several fine saves by Dubose, but the highlights editor seemed more interested in the brawling.

Edited by BP1960

Carlisle and Tottenham in Scotland?!

:lol: