Paul Black

Apart from his assist I thought he was average at best today.He didn't do enough to try & stop the crosses coming into the middle from the right winger & his dallying on the ball almost cost us dearly once or twice in the 2nd half.

That said,I'd rather have him at left back than Mellor who clearly isn't a defender.

I thought he had done enough against Crewe to deserve starting against Burton so I was pleased to see him restored to the side yesterday, he had a good game, set up one and did some good defensive work. He is an unfussy player and I think a lot of fans miss what he actually does defensively.

He needs a good run of games like all players. In those games he will drop some right bollocks, like all players, what he doesn't need is the whole crowd leaping on those mistakes and screaming "Burn him! Burn him! he's a gash witch!" Which is what usually happens when one of our young full backs makes a mistake.

With the attacking players we currently have at the club I want my full backs to be steady, reliable players who make the odd foray into the opposition half and yes, I am saying this the day after our right back got our first and our leftie set up the second. We've brought through some good full backs at this club who have gone on to better things yet divided the fans at the time, looks like Black is already dividing the fans and at only 21 still has his whole career ahead of him..

chesterfield had some tricky wingers and mellor would have stuggled and we'd have let in more than two so good decision to play him and he did well. maybe when simpson goes back until january, put taylor behind the striker, black at LB and mellor at LM and go from there?

I'd say Scapuzzi behind Kuqi. Keep Taylor on wing, then there's a choice of Morais, Parker or Mellor on the wings aswell.

I'd say if it wasn't for Simpson; then Paul Black would have been my MoM.

I thought he was very good on Sat, both going back & going forward. He was actually impressive in the air; something I didn't think was a strong point of his - he won a lot of high balls and defended them well. He was up against their best player in 'Dopey' and I thought he managed him very well. The cross for the 1st goal was Scapuzzi not being switched on; nothing to do with Black.

A very solid & impressive game from Blacky - keep it up!

Apart from his assist I thought he was average at best today.He didn't do enough to try & stop the crosses coming into the middle from the right winger & his dallying on the ball almost cost us dearly once or twice in the 2nd half.

That said,I'd rather have him at left back than Mellor who clearly isn't a defender.

Hmmm. I thought Saturday was one of Black's best games for us.

I think it was an improvement on his normal level of performance but still littered with flaws.Against the better sides of the division he gets exposed as our weak link.PD has identified this by signing Diallo,playing Mellor out of position at LB & Kieran Lee there as well so I don't see Black as our LB long term.

I think it was an improvement on his normal level of performance but still littered with flaws.Against the better sides of the division he gets exposed as our weak link.PD has identified this by signing Diallo,playing Mellor out of position at LB & Kieran Lee there as well so I don't see Black as our LB long term.

But that was because Black was out injured; not because he has been identified as a weak link.

When he's fit, he's PD's first choice LB. Diallo was brought in just like Evina was to push him / give him competition.

He's the best LB on our books at present, just as he was last season too