The most obvious reason for not subbing first teamers last night is obvious ...is it not ?

What if Bradford had clawed a draw . The penalty shoot out is asfter 90 mins , so no way would you bring guys on straight into pens.

Fair enough at 1-0 but I thought he would have done it at 2-0 , he could have brought Tarky on to shore up , it would have wasted time aswell rather than tit around in the corner

My thoughts on last night.

Firstly - get feck in there!!!!! Great result!

Secondly - a word for the ref. I thought he was superb for the 30seconds; then after that he's up there with the most frustrating ones we've had. He & linesmen couldn't get a decision right all game, and how the heck we ended up with more in the book than that bunch of thugs did I'll never know.

Which then brings me onto Bradford. IMO, I don't think we've had a bunch of cynical, dirty thug-like bruisers at BP since Kevin Blackwell's Luton came years ago (I missed the Stevenage game earlier this season, where they were supposed to be 'tasty') Phil Parkinson is also a huge; huge bell-end & for those who sit in the paddock near the away bench, you'll know exactly what I mean & why.

Right; onto our lot.

Cisak - Outstanding save for the big lump early in the first half; top draw stuff. After that, he was dominant on crosses against a team set up for set-plays and his kicking was faultless. The more I see of him, the more I sway to believing he's the best we've had in donkey's years.

Lee - IMO he actually had a poor game by his standards. He didn't bomb on down the right as he likes to; and he played far too many long balls / hoofs that Neale Eardley would have been vilified for. That said, he was strong in the air & in the tackle on a night when the lads needed to dig in.

Clarke - shaky start but got better & better as he grew into the game. He's no world beater & has his flaws; but he'll more than do for me.

M'Voto - IMO his best performance of the season. 1 slight error in letting Ross Hannah in when he should have cleared, but other than that I thought he was a rock - exactly the type of game we needed from him. Very chuffing close to getting the MoM from me.

Black - very solid game defensively, didn't offer as much going forward until the second half when both him & Luca started to get more space, but as L1 LB's go; Black is pretty darn solid.

Tom Adeyemi - anonymous in the 1st, outstanding in the second which as others have said kind of sums him up. Fair play though as after (unfortunately) watching him be sick at the start of the 2nd half; I didn't think he should have been out there. Great goal, and the double tackle after tracking back 50+ yards to the edge of our box was top draw. The goal should do him good.

James Wesolowski - my MoM. I thought he was a colossus for us. It seemed to me that every time there was a tackle to be made, a ball to be won, a header to won or play to broken up; it was Wes who was doing it. Carried Tom A in the first half, and then worked in tandem as Tom improved in the 2nd. Great work rate, attitude and commitment; we'll miss him on Saturday.

Simpson - his delivery from set pieces is top draw, his link play & hold up play adds massively to our play, and we're really going to miss him when he goes back. That said, he wasn't as dominant as he has been of late.

Luca Scapuzzi - along with M'Voto; another close contender for MoM. I worried he's not fancy it; cold night, big horrible dirty lower division side but far from it. He got stuck in, took the treatment dished out to him on the chin, and he was our best attacking threat all second half after he managed to start to find space. Great assist for the 1st goal. Touch of class about the lad and we need to do all we can to make sure he stays beyond January.

Josh Parker - clearly lacking match fitness; but as I said yesterday - I'd sooner an unfit Parker than Morais on his current poor form. I stand by that. He played OK for his first game back, 2 runs in the 1st half showed what he's all about, worked hard and for a small(ish) lad; he wins a lot in the air. Glad he's back.

Shefki Kuqi - his worst game for us I'd say. It's a mark of the player thought that whilst he was poor; his name still goes in the paper as goalscorer. The goalscoring runs continues too.

Well pleased with the result, and the performance bodes so well for the future. We weren't electric, we didn't play amazing but we stood up to the dirty stuff; dug in and got the 2 nil win. On wards & upwards now……..

I pretty much agree with Sly and Razza on their points, the thing that stood out for me was Jimbo Wes who was furious at some of the utter :censored:e decisions and he was really pumped during the second half. Great performance. Parker did very well after being out so long. his pace is frightening and the first thing he did was rinse their defender and get a dangerous ball in. As touched on Shefki probably had his worst game but still bagged and performed his defensive duties fantastically. Tracking back down the left wing in the second half to assist is just a mark of the professional. I wasn't too fussed about the result for this game beforehand but seeing how much a tool Parkinson was and the dirty tactics used by the Bradford players left me wanting to beat them badly. I haven't gone as mad for a goal in a long time! Great feeling about the cub at the moment and great team spirit, there is a good bunch of lads here all through the side.

I noticed Adeyemi was late out onto the pitch at the start of the 2nd half, looked like he was going to puke on the side of the pitch and he had done absolutely rock all all game until the goal which must have given him a boost as he was a lot better after it.

Dickov's interview on latics player says that Tom was "throwing his ring up in there" at half time, a few lads we ill on Saturday too so it is understandable he was a bit quiet. Great finish for his goal...

Sick seven times at half-time, possibly due to consuming too much fitness drink :excl:

OS

His goal celebration involved pretending to puke. :lol:

Lee - IMO he actually had a poor game by his standards. He didn't bomb on down the right as he likes to; and he played far too many long balls / hoofs that Neale Eardley would have been vilified for. That said, he was strong in the air & in the tackle on a night when the lads needed to dig in.

I thought that myself, but he hasnt got the speed to get past parker on the overlap! A problem we're gonna have with parker coming back into the team!

Parker on the left and scappuzzi on the right a possible solution?

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

From the past decade we could compile a very long list of players would have cried off in similar circumstances to Adeyemi, and just as many would have gone missing for the entire game.

Great to have playre will to give their all for the cause.

Well done to the lads and well done to the crowd. Great following from Bradford and the atmosphere in the Chaddy was electric tonight!

In the rarely-wrong Chron, Dickov says:

“Our fans played a big role last night as well. I know Bradford brought a lot, but our supporters were fantastic."

Chron

In the rarely-wrong Chron, Dickov says:

“Our fans played a big role last night as well. I know Bradford brought a lot, but our supporters were fantastic."

Chron

I only sit in the chaddy when we have to move from RRE or for Cup games and i really enjoyed it in there last night! The atmosphere was great!