Definitely no more tickets! SMS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news being that Latics are going to make close to the maximum possible out of this game.

For many of us who missed the Premier League years and League Cup Final, this will be the biggest crowd we've ever seen Latics play in front of.

Friday night is Latics night!

Edited by opinions4u

The good news being that Latics are going to make close to the maximum possible out of this game.

For many of us who missed the Premier League years and League Cup Final, this will be the biggest crowd we've ever seen Latics play in front of.

Friday night is Latics night!

33,086 at Goodison four years ago and the tickets are a fiver more for the Anfield game than what they cost at Goodison if I remember rightly…

yep £20 and £10

Everton

Match Report

Edited by oafcprozac

I wonder if this will be their highest crowd of the season? It could be due to less segregation issues than perhaps they would have agaInst the likes of City and United

From LFC Website

From 22/12

-

Fri Jan 6

General Sale

On Sale

Please note: the online sale for this game will end at 6.45pm on Wednesday 28th December.

Tickets will still be available on telephone 0843 170 5555 until further notice.

Tickets are still available to purchase from the Ticket Office in person.

Please note

Adult child tickets are available on the telephone booking line only.

Telephone sales (0843 170 5555) during the New Year period are as follows:

31st December – 9.15am – 12.45pm

1st January - CLOSED

2nd January - CLOSED

Normal opening/closing times will resume on 3rd January.

Please note we are now issuing paper tickets for this part of the sale.

Still plenty of hospitality packages on sale on liverpoolfc.tv site. From £65 including food, free tea and coffee, pay bar, match ticket, programme etc.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/latest-ticket-news

It says home supporters only, and no away colours are allowed, but if you behave discreetly, I don't think there will be a problem. If we are getting stuffed 5-0, we will be keeping quiet anyway!

I wonder if this will be their highest crowd of the season? It could be due to less segregation issues than perhaps they would have agaInst the likes of City and United

Their highest this season is 45,071 against Manchester City at Anfield.. Liverpool fans will likely snap up after few thousand hopefully.. If we'd got any extra, we might of been able to add anything up to 1000 on the attendance..

What a bull:censored: update from the club!....made an enquiry to LFC today? 24 hours after we sold out? And, upper trier "could" have been available.....if what?....we'd thought to plan ahead ahead 3 weeks ago?

What a bunch of muppets!!!!!

3 weeks ago, many posters on here didn't think we had a hope in hell of selling out. I though it would be borderline too.

We didn't sell out at Goodison Park on a Saturday afternoon. Why would they expect to sell more tickets at Anfield on a Friday night when our home attendances have fallen in the years since?

Even if Liverpool had set aside the upper level of the Anfield Road End as a possible place for additional sales in Oldham, would it be possible to segregate it? Not sure the police would have been happy with that idea and I am very dubious that Latics would have sold another 3,000. So there is a financial case to say let the Scousers have it.

There are things the club could have done a bit better around the sale of these tickets. But when it comes down to it, they've communicated dates clearly, they've communicated availability clearly and they've had the manager out serving fans an early morning brew when they've had all hands on deck earlier in the week.

It must be horrible for loyal fans who've failed to get tickets. I'd be gutted. But given that we seem to be lucky to get 3,500 getting off their arses to turn up a Boundary Park on a Saturday afternoon (and less on a Tuesday night) I really don't think anybody should be criticising them for failing to demand 9,000 tickets for a game on a Friday night 40 miles away after Christmas. Let's face it, only 4,000 home supporters turned up on Boxing Day which is traditionally one of the best attended games of the season.

If you want to secure attendance at big matches, buy a season ticket. Half-season tickets have been on sale throughout December and the magic voucher will have been in the back of every book.

Edited by opinions4u

Their highest this season is 45,071 against Manchester City at Anfield.. Liverpool fans will likely snap up after few thousand hopefully.. If we'd got any extra, we might of been able to add anything up to 1000 on the attendance..

My supervisor is a Liverpool fan who although isn't a season ticket holder, has been to every game. He has told me from day 1 it will be close to a sell out as it can be harder to get tickets for the lower category games for them like this one, or west brom etc, rather than the higher category games.

Even if Liverpool completely paste Latics (which I don't think they will), Latics can walk away with their heads held high and a six figure sum over 200k in the bank.

Manage to scrape a replay, walk away with heads held even higher, a 6 figure sum over 200k in the bank with the prospect of either a high 5 figure sum/low six figure sum to come from replay.

Manage the unthinkable.... speaks for itself really.

Either way, its a win-win-win scenario.

Not that simple for some as rarely able to get to games at moment. I have paid more than a season ticket in each of last two years in donations. A link to playershare just as valid and missed opportunity ie anyone on board from August and fully up to date gets a chance AFTER Season ticket holders. Not rocket science.

Hope the old chap who donated the big cheque was offered a ticket?

Playershare is independent from the club though, the club only benefits when they make a request to the committee.

What the club could have done is what they used to do in the 80s, first home game(s) printed a token sheet then those with completed sheets got priority. This also encourages programme sales. Then they should have issued vouchers on the Turnstiles at the Southend and Burton games just in case.

Priority

1. ST Holders

2. Token Sheet Holders

3. Voucher Holders

4. Open Sale Max of 2 per person

Certainly don't agree with the Playershare thing.

Next it will be those who regularly have a flutter at the bookies behind the Chaddy, or always buy 2 Strike It Lucky tickets, or are members of the lottery, or get a meal deal at half time, or use the car park, or get half time pint tokens for the Main Stand bar... etc!

Not that simple for some as rarely able to get to games at moment. I have paid more than a season ticket in each of last two years in donations. A link to playershare just as valid and missed opportunity ie anyone on board from August and fully up to date gets a chance AFTER Season ticket holders. Not rocket science.

Hope the old chap who donated the big cheque was offered a ticket?

Why didn't you make the donations in the form of a season ticket? Win-win!

Just to let you know we been Anfield this morning and picked up 2 adult and 1 child but the lower centenuary is sold out apart from single seats and only tickets left in the upper and main stand, but... we got asked for prrof we had been to matches before at Anfield.

Luckily when we moved down here to Cheshire we used to split our games between going watching Latics and Liverpool and we had 2 fan cards, they havent been used for 5 years but we took them along anyway and they accecpted them!!

The nearest we got to the Latics fans is a block away in the main stand, but better than nowt :grin:

Janet

Have you read it properly ? So ok I buy two tickets CASH UPFRONT that sit in pocket and empty seats for most games. Cancer is a bugger aint it!!!!! Or give some CASH to those trying to drum up extra support over a period AFFORDABLE ie BB tickets bring in an adult paying? Still supporting from afar.

Have you thought I may have posted AT THE SAME TIME?? What does it matter if the seats don't get used, it's still a donation WHENEVER it's paid.

WTF is that all about tad unfair? Typical latics dismissive outlook. Lets do what we have done for years!!! It doesnt work well but hey lets keep doing it. ANYTHING that brings in regular income for the club should be encouraged not slagged off. 100? members of playershare yet 6300 going. Wouldnt it be an incentive to pay up. As for other post not linked to club really?????? Dont make me laugh. Might be technically accurate Prozac but If it pays part of a wage its linked.

To be clear Season Ticket holders deserve priority every time. I cant go to game due to family ill health so no axe to grind. However our family have put about £500 latics way in good faith to pay for Junior Blues tickets (not sure ever got used?), sponsorship, contributions to Playershare etc in last 18 months. Cost dad money to support the walk with breakfasts etc. Happy to pay full match price as restricted chances of going this year. But apparently we would be better paying for a couple of tickets and leaving seats empty week in week out because its the way we do it. All I am saying is look at ways of raising more regular income and ensure some VERY REGULAR fans get secured tickets for a little effort BEYOND a season ticket they may well not be able to buy for many reasons.

I've got nothing against the Playershare scheme or those that commit their hard earned towards it.

Just making a point that there will always be some loyal fans that will unfortunately miss out and will understandably feel they deserve it more for some reason or another.

As you say there is no doubt ST holders should have priority but, after this criterion, how do you then ascertain the next level of commitment to the club, and therefore deserving of priority; what takes precedent a pie, a programme, a pint, Playershare, Trust membership, first in queue for new away shirt etc?

These games don't come about too often and I think the club have dealt with it 95% correct. Only mistakes were having exiles believe they could order over the phone and selling unlimited tickets upon commencement of open sale.

What a bull:censored: update from the club!....made an enquiry to LFC today? 24 hours after we sold out? And, upper trier "could" have been available.....if what?....we'd thought to plan ahead ahead 3 weeks ago?

What a bunch of muppets!!!!!

Are you for real? Liverpool are never gonna give us 3000 more tickets than they have weather it be 3 weeks ago or yesterday to you should come back to the real world and stop being a muppet yourself.

Have you read it properly ? So ok I buy two tickets CASH UPFRONT that sit in pocket and empty seats for most games. Cancer is a bugger aint it!!!!! Or give some CASH to those trying to drum up extra support over a period AFFORDABLE ie BB tickets bring in an adult paying? Still supporting from afar.

What a lemon you are.

The club can't set its budget on possible donations or money into playershare. Lets face it season tickets keep the clubs head above the water (with the help of SC's overdraft).

As you've said you don't go but your dad's given them some cash in the last few months / years. Do you want an Anfield ticket or a stand naming after you?

Some people think the club owe them for things they have done in the past, or their dads done, dear me. If you've not given the club the money they needed at the start of the season then you've no right to moan no matter what else you've done with or for the club in the past.

Whilst I think the club have handled things well under the circumstances, I would also like to think that it is the ambition of both Paul Dickov and the higher management of the club to be in the third round hat on a regular basis. Hence moving forward, I think it would be helpful if the club can put in place and publicise a firm policy, something like what Prozac has suggested, for handling ticketing with big games.

Where is the love?

Biggest game in years, and everyone is moaning or having a pop at each other.

Possible Sell-out at Anfield on a Friday night, it can't get much better for us all!!!

F@@k New Years eve or Xmas as a matter of fact, all i've been thinking about is Friday the 6th!!!!

Train to Lime st for 2ish, watch Oldham take over Liverpool. OTID

WTF is that all about tad unfair? Typical latics dismissive outlook. Lets do what we have done for years!!! It doesnt work well but hey lets keep doing it. ANYTHING that brings in regular income for the club should be encouraged not slagged off. 100? members of playershare yet 6300 going. Wouldnt it be an incentive to pay up. As for other post not linked to club really?????? Dont make me laugh. Might be technically accurate Prozac but If it pays part of a wage its linked.

To be clear Season Ticket holders deserve priority every time. I cant go to game due to family ill health so no axe to grind. However our family have put about £500 latics way in good faith to pay for Junior Blues tickets (not sure ever got used?), sponsorship, contributions to Playershare etc in last 18 months. Cost dad money to support the walk with breakfasts etc. Happy to pay full match price as restricted chances of going this year. But apparently we would be better paying for a couple of tickets and leaving seats empty week in week out because its the way we do it. All I am saying is look at ways of raising more regular income and ensure some VERY REGULAR fans get secured tickets for a little effort BEYOND a season ticket they may well not be able to buy for many reasons.

Or how about they just get out of bed early enough? I know I wish I had done.

The whinging, and excuses on here since the day of the open sale have been amazing.

Really are they all gone? or is it who you know?..............................seen someone today enter the building and walking out with.................. yes Liverpool tickets in hand. Please please next time use your sense on put them in ya pocket!