Latics Player Video quality

Same question. How much would it cost to have that quality?

It's not a direct cost.

Both clubs start with top rate video and then it has to be processed (and compressed) to work effectively online.

I know from experience that City have 5 (FIVE) people working in their media department to cover their Reserve team alone. When I was at Latics it was just me and Gordy, now I'm not sure (Just Buggers and Big G?).

What it means is that they can invest more in the processing, editing and so forth than Latics can.

Add to that Latics Broadband is :censored: awful (to the extent I uploaded most video in my own time at home, whilst working there) meaning you have to considerably reduce the quality just to make uploading it to the Webserver possible.

Basically, it would cost you a wage, and new IT infrastructure and possible even mean leaving PTV.

Basically, it would cost you a wage, and new IT infrastructure and possible even mean leaving PTV.

Is that possible? Aren't they contracturally obliged? I just assume so given just about all football league clubs are on the PTV network.

How on earth have PTV got so much clout? The websites are pretty dreadful and advert-ridden. I don't mind adverts, but only when they don't intrude on your browsing experience.

Is that possible? Aren't they contracturally obliged? I just assume so given just about all football league clubs are on the PTV network.

How on earth have PTV got so much clout? The websites are pretty dreadful and advert-ridden. I don't mind adverts, but only when they don't intrude on your browsing experience.

Contract was in place and the best way for the club to run the site... again, right now it's as is - without PTV you need someone who can code the site, maintain the site, hosting and management etc etc

Despite their faults I'd say PTV's the best bet.

Contract was in place and the best way for the club to run the site... again, right now it's as is - without PTV you need someone who can code the site, maintain the site, hosting and management etc etc

Despite their faults I'd say PTV's the best bet.

Can't be that difficult to knock up a HTML job, can it?

True, but time's moved on since a simple HTML job is enough. You need time to produce quality content, and if you're talking multimedia you've got to record it, edit it, compress it, upload it and the like. I'm (clearly!) no expert, but having something static that looks half-decent may be easy, but not if you want any more than plain text, and not if you want the content to match the style.

I know what you mean about the adverts.....I get all the Aussie ones whenever I go on.

It would appear that I can never escape KFC's cricket Australia sponsorship.

Its not Football, its not England and it makes me dislike them even more!

I think it is easily the job of 2 full-time people to keep this kind of site looking fresh, appealing and interesting. 1 experienced developer to build the site etc and 1 designer to create the assets and online content etc. You'd also need a copywriter too possibly in a freelance capacity. Not an easy job at all, especially if you are expected be providing top quality and ever changing content.

:lol:

Long, long gone are the days where websites were written in HTML alone. The video quality we want to improve (ie the topic of this thread) would fall through the floor running on a HTML script.

As Pete's said above, you're looking at three people minimum to run the site on your own.