• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams were poor today, i would have like to have seen Smith and Morais brought on for the last 15.20 mins just to try to shake things up a little.

i would also be very happy if Dickov realised that Josh Parker is NOT Rory Delap !!

will soon be Tuesday :-)

I actually thought we played really well.

Moreso in the second half.

Some of our passing through the midfield was superb and the back four excellent.

Two players had poor games - Parker and Kuqi. And in the end we created so little which cost us - perhaps Weso's fluffed shot and Zander's skyer the best we had. Looked like Diamond should have had a penalty too.

We looked far more likely winners than they did. Then that :censored: Lee. It would be him.

They're not, in a million years, a promotion team.

Edited by opinions4u

We did indeed play well. Had them at arms length throughout. Just seemed that we'd set out for 0-0 which was a bit dissapointing as when we did get it down and knock it about, we got through them easily.

They on the other hand were pretty shocking. Constant lumping the long ball and, like us, rarely threatened. Then on comes the perennial :censored:, Alan Lee. True to form, he was on his arse within about 60 seconds. Never seen a lad as big as him go down so easily. He's worse than Taylor for having no professional pride. Hate the guy.

So disappointed we lost that. Didn't deserve to win because we didn't commit forwards enough, but certainly didn't deserve to lose.

Dickov gambled for a point. And lost.

Oh, and we should have had a nailed on pen for the rugby tackle on Diamond. How the arsehole of a ref decided it was a free kick to them I'll never know....

Edited by Snookmeister

Kuqi has been poor the past 3 or 4 games, but, alas, with no-one else to shove upfront he is taking the pressure of seemingly being our only goalscorer. Didnt go to the game today,but I understand if Dickov sent us out for a draw-understandable. It's just a piss-take that we concede with 5 minutes to go.

Roll on Tuesday.

I actually thought we played really well.

Moreso in the second half.

Some of our passing through the midfield was superb and the back four excellent.

Two players had poor games - Parker and Kuqi. And in the end we created so little which cost us - perhaps Weso's fluffed shot and Zander's skyer the best we had. Looked like Diamond should have had a penalty too.

We looked far more likely winners than they did. Then that :censored: Lee. It would be him.

They're not, in a million years, a promotion team.

Yet they played 89 and 90 minutes, respectively.

If I had a fiver for every opposing fan who's said their team played very well against us in the last twelve months I'd be a very rich man! Honest! Some have even said it's the best they've played all season after games. These sorts of comments are made all the more astounding when you consider we've now lost only two in 51 League One matches.

Oldham played exactly like most teams do against us at the Galpharm, all effort, hard work and running but like most others, lacked quality in the final third. The ref was abysmal and seemed to fall for every fake injury and complaint, he was truly :censored:e!

This type of game (and football) is one of the reasons I hope to Dear God we're able to rise above this level soon because quite frankly, it is utter rubbish. <_<

Well played Oldham for frustrating us for nearly an hour and a half but please - I hope we never have to play a Paul Dickov team ever again

Yet they played 89 and 90 minutes, respectively.

Parker should have come off at half time. Certainly before the 67 minute mark.

Kuqi's always a difficult one for me. Even though he's on a poor run he still has a quality about him. The ball to Taylor for the equaliser at Charlton for example.

I'd start Smith and Simpson ahead of these two on Tuesday though.

If I had a fiver for every opposing fan who's said their team played very well against us in the last twelve months I'd be a very rich man! Honest! Some have even said it's the best they've played all season after games. These sorts of comments are made all the more astounding when you consider we've now lost only two in 51 League One matches.

Oldham played exactly like most teams do against us at the Galpharm, all effort, hard work and running but like most others, lacked quality in the final third. The ref was abysmal and seemed to fall for every fake injury and complaint, he was truly :censored:e!

This type of game (and football) is one of the reasons I hope to Dear God we're able to rise above this level soon because quite frankly, it is utter rubbish. <_<

Well played Oldham for frustrating us for nearly an hour and a half but please - I hope we never have to play a Paul Dickov team ever again

While we were toothless in the final third, you really were nothing special. One in four chance of promotion again. Even if you blow that I'm sure you'll still be unbeaten.

you will be playing us again next season,because quite honestly....your crap...

you had one effort on goal in first half,we had lot more chances but kuqi brought his 50p boots,just needed a barn door and a banjo and he would have been right....

the only difference was today our manager had settled for a draw after about 60 mins....and kept the team together instead of making subs,kuqi was knackered and doing nothing,parker was doing nothing,so we needed to change it.....and we couldnt....you brought on a sub and scored...other than that i thought it was a very poor game from both teams....

You're right, of course. Everyone should just roll over and let the mighty Terriers tippy-tap it around them and applaud every drawn breath.

Get over yourself.

You stand a good chance of getting promoted, but don't try to make out it's because of some God-given right. It's because you've spent heavily for a number of years. Good luck to you, I wish we had that kind of brass, but knock it off with the looking-down-your-nose. You're not Champions League winners yet.

That was poor today from both sides

I dont mind ( i do really!) losing to a side where you can 'they were the better side' or 'they're a good side' etc - but FFS, Hudds were awful.

Clarke & McCoombe are donkeys, ward & roberts inefdective, goburn, robinson & miller just lump it; kick & rush style and other than the header in the 1st; Rhodes didnt have a sniff.

Honestly, if i had to watch that for a season i'd ask for my money back

We'll see them again next year, as thry are nowhere near good enough to go up

If by a fluke they do, they are going to be embarrassed in the Champ

We did enough i felt for point

It just had to be that :censored: alan lee didnt it?

Ah well - roll on Tuesday

They were there for the taking today. Dickov always bleats on about going out to win every game - well I saw a side which had been told to play for 0-0. Gave them FAR too much respect by sitting back, if we'd got our usual numbers forwards, we'd have got a point if not more.

I'll :censored: on the floor if that lot go up.

Fuming....

No shots on target in 90 minutes ???

Dear oh dear , good job we are not in the entertainment game.

I thought we would look one dimensional without Simpson & we do.

Got out of jail against Notts County , hopeless against Hartlepool & then today.

The cup game was different, a massive adrenaline boost for the players & supporters alike.

The lack of any forward changes before we went behind is very disappointing to say the least.

Piss-pot-ical comments in my view!

EVERY TEAM WE PLAY AT HOME, DO WHAT YOUR LADS DID!

Some get lucky, your lads DIDN'T Get over it!. :shock:

Don't be pathetic. Anyone who gets a result at your place is lucky? It couldn't possibly be the case that they deserve it?

See you next season.

If Huddersfield sell Rhodes I predict they won't make the play-offs, he looked a class above everyone on the pitch today, but Diamond and Mvoto kept him in their pockets- hence why it took them so long to score. Sell him and unless they find the next Mackail-Smith/Cox/Austin or spend big to get someone from this league or league 2 they could easily be closer to relegation than automatic promotion next year.