Injured Players

I don't know if this is a ploy by Latics to confuse the opposition but it is as sure as hell disappointing me as a fan.

Why do Latics say that an injured player has trained this week and is in the squad , yet when the fans get to the match thinking they are playing they are not even on the bench.

After this week i fully expected Diamond & Furman to be playing today - no , so why even name them in the squad when they are obviously not fit.

The same thing has happened with M'voto , Weso and Furman in the last couple of weeks.

No doubt for Monday we will have Simpson , Weso , Furman and Diamond training and in the squad only to arrive and find them sat in the stand .

Better to tell us they are NOT fit but when we get there it's a bonus to see one of them on the pitch, could even confuse the opposition !!!! B)

Because the opposition can't formulate a nailed on game plan if they don't know our line up until an hour before kick-off. They may have differing plans to combat the possibilities but they can't be sure. Decent ploy imo.

But doesn't the opposite work as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!

But doesn't the opposite work as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean naming the team and saying to the opposition, "That's our 11 - deal with it"

I suppose it would if your line up contained Xavi and Messi. I don't see any harm at all in being secretive about the line up and player fitness. If it, for just one week, creates any doubt or convern in the plans of the opposition then, as a ploy, it will have worked. I should imagine that some management teams like to do as much homework as possible on other teams, so if it makes that difficult, why not?

Do you mean naming the team and saying to the opposition, "That's our 11 - deal with it"

I suppose it would if your line up contained Xavi and Messi. I don't see any harm at all in being secretive about the line up and player fitness. If it, for just one week, creates any doubt or convern in the plans of the opposition then, as a ploy, it will have worked. I should imagine that some management teams like to do as much homework as possible on other teams, so if it makes that difficult, why not?

No i meant the other way - ie

Chris Taylor is injured and wont be playing on Saturday , then low & behold he runs out with the team at 3 o'clock.

same difference but gives the crowd a boost as well.

In the olden days Liverpool played practically the same team week in week out, in other words if your players are good enough you have no need to play mind games.

At the risk of stating the obvious, we're not the 80s Liverpool team, & if the management team think something might help us get a bit of an advantage,I don't see the harm in it. Did anyone go on Saturday specifically to watch Furman or Diamond?

The questions would be, on Monday for example, if we were to suddenly appear out of the tunnel without

Furman/Taylor/Kuqi/Scapuzzi* (*delete as approriate) would Chesterfield get a lift. It seems to me only Cisak fits that bil.

Conversely, if we were not expecting Furman/Taylor/Kuqi/Scapuzzi to play, would we as fans and the players get a lift

I guess only the team really know that one, but I don't think many players at the moment would lift us if we were not expecting them on the pitch and they ran out. Cisak and Furman maybe.

Those that go, what do you think.

Adn no I am not going to do a poll! Too subjective!