Planning for next season

With talk of Tom Adeyemi wanting to stay with us (probably until the end of the season rather than perm would imagine) who do we realistically think will be gone in the summer and what if anything should we being doing until end of season

Stay

Kuqi cvant see past him signing another year unless retires which wont happen

Wes prob get another year if has shoulder op which he needs near end of season when we are safe

M'Voto another year prob be signed

Tarky is the future not sure if he signed one or two year extension

Diamond worth sticking with

reid was our best player up until injury worth another year as long as he doesnt have a set back and not play again

Parker -Jury still out but the fact he is versatile will mean that might get another year

Gone

Taylor contract will run out and will get a bigger offer sad to see him go need to remember what has done for us

Simpson loves it here but will be head over heart is championship class we all know it and someone will come in expect or top top league 1 club double at least wages would get from us

Morais?? sure only has 5months left may seek a guarentee 1st team

Maybe

Furman (If big offer comes in would be gutted my fav player hope signs a new deal) would show intention by the club

Cisak (Please please give the guy another year on top of the one he has beyond this, great keeper but wont happen and someone will sniff after him eventually prob next Jan)

Lee- Again an offer could spell the end would be gutted

Adeeymi- If norwich let him go and can talk him into staying would be a coup for the club

If we can keep what i think will be the stayers and convience cisak, lee and furms to stay we will have a better start to the season than last year plus add a bit of class in midfield to replace our creative players like taylor and simspon (going to be bloody hard) we will be ok to be above the drop zone next year and for me on the budget we operate mid table is a brilliant achievment think need to put things in prospective and not get over ourselves

think some of you, need to take the rose coloured glasses off! only simpson" at is best, would regularly catch, a championship side! furman big fees" get real- has someone onces said" a pure water carrier! squad player- at most, the next division up.........

Simpson will look for better offers from the Championship but they may not come, technically he has already failed in the championship with Coventry and at what the “experts” consider to be a big league 1 side in Huddersfield. He is doing well in a less presuure environment at a “small club” that will be taken into contention by other clubs

I lover Furman here but he won’t cut it at championship level as he is not good enough on the ball, he would be a squad player but can be improved

The only other player from our squad capable of championship football is Taylor, he would have more room and would not always be double marked, I actually think it would do him good to get away from us and think he would help his game, he has gone stale...don’t want him or the other 2 to leave though

We will find it so difficult to replace them

agree palmer

I think that people might be reluctant to take robbie but teams who go up he played against like a wednesday may think he is good enough to take up with them, plus he will be on a free so it aint the biggest gamble and people will see he turns it on in the big games

I think people who say dump taylor dont realise he is not going to be easy in anyway shape or form to replace no matter how he has played this season, taylor is a matchwinner and we dont have many

1 of the biggest issues i would like is cisak to sign an extention we will neve get better

agree palmer

I think that people might be reluctant to take robbie but teams who go up he played against like a wednesday may think he is good enough to take up with them, plus he will be on a free so it aint the biggest gamble and people will see he turns it on in the big games

I think people who say dump taylor dont realise he is not going to be easy in anyway shape or form to replace no matter how he has played this season, taylor is a matchwinner and we dont have many

1 of the biggest issues i would like is cisak to sign an extention we will neve get better

The idea of letting Taylor go on a free is, frankly, stupid. He may not want to stay but, if he does, we should keep him. For all his shortcomings, could we realistically expect to bring in a player as good on a free? No.

Lee rejected other clubs to move to us, because he wanted to stay in the north-west. So unless a north-west team came in for him, or he got an amazing offer from someone else I think we can hold onto him.

If Taylor does go, then we have freed up a large wage, and I think Taylor is currently 2nd highest paid footballer at the club?

Also, thought Diamond signed a 2 year deal for us along with M'voto?

Reckon we can keep Wes, Furman? Think he may be off. However, would we get compo for him? He's currently 23 and birthday is 22 June.. Would we still get compo?

Lee rejected other clubs to move to us, because he wanted to stay in the north-west. So unless a north-west team came in for him, or he got an amazing offer from someone else I think we can hold onto him.

If Taylor does go, then we have freed up a large wage, and I think Taylor is currently 2nd highest paid footballer at the club?

Also, thought Diamond signed a 2 year deal for us along with M'voto?

Reckon we can keep Wes, Furman? Think he may be off. However, would we get compo for him? He's currently 23 and birthday is 22 June.. Would we still get compo?

Diamond only signed a year. He also said he'd love to sign another deal.

for all the raving about him i've never been fully convinced as to how good Furman is - sure he is a good player for us at our level, but he doesn't seem to be either a playmaker or a defensive player, somewhere inbetween (which i guess makes him ideal) - his passing has never struck me as fantastic and he does seem to have a few very good games followed by some sluggish displays but then again as does every player in our league.

Probably a squad player in the championship, i would say.

Like all our players i'd hope our most key players stay, but anyhow i'm really not too fussed about who stays and who goes.

At the end of the day, no matter what we as fans think, players which we would all like to stay will either stay, or go if they want to.

Who stays is who stays and who goes is who goes - the club can offer as many deals as they want, but if a player wants to leave full stop or for more money then so be it.

There is naff-all that any of us can do about it - it would be fantastic if we could actually build a squad up over a few seasons and then achieve something; which i think having Dickov in charge lends itself in some degree to doing this given the good team spirit which may persuade some to extend their stay.

However, it does seem more and more like we would need to achieve a promotion/play off season in the 1st season if having a decent team for fear of it breaking up (As is possibly the case this season).

Sadly that is the way lower league football has gone, a continuous yearly/2year revolving door.

What will be will be - i hope we can keep the majority of the team together but if not we move on just like the players do and support whoever we have next season - no point saying 'oh i wish we would've kept him' - as a club if we wanted a player to stay we would offer the best deal we thought was appropriate and the player either stays or goes and we have who we have.

Ke sera sera (and we ARE going to wembley B) )

Edited by shefflatic