Evra's Anfield scecurity

Evra gets 24-hour protection from cheeky Scouse wit

27-01-12

PATRICE Evra has hired bodyguards to deal with loveable Liverpool rogues good-naturedly threatening to kill him.

Evra will benefit from armed 'hilarity co-ordinators'Liverpool are set to host Manchester United tomorrow afternoon in a cup tie that has promised such high levels of humorous banter that all police leave in the region has been cancelled.

Members of the general public living near the ground have been warned that there may be random outbreaks of large groups of men just having a bit of a laugh and a joke. Police have also stated that a badly-aimed chorus of Ferry Across The Mersey can have somebody’s eye out.

Evra said: “Smalling and Jones are going to be replaced by ex-SAS officers to try and fend off the thousands of fans that might want to run onto the pitch to share a delicious bon mot whilst spitting playfully in my face.

“Games between Liverpool and United are always highly witty affairs but this one has the potential to be dangerously hilarious.”

Evra will be targeted by Liverpool’s 40,000 jokers during the match after he provoked Luis Suarez by being present during their previous game against each other, a fact that many fans are expected to remind him of using a variety of colourful phrases.

The kick off has been moved to 1245 in a bid to reduce the amount of ‘joviality juice’ the Liverpool fans can manage to consume before the game and the United fans will remain in the ground for an hour after the game ends to ensure their sides aren’t split with mirth on the way to the train station.

Evra added: “The fans may also wish to remember that I’m French. I’m sure they can do something with that

My link

He is doing. But I don't agree with you.

It just goes to prove that Liverpool fans simply don't get it.

There are many amateur/semi pro footballers who laugh off and deal with worse comments week in week out, playing for fook all - At £140k a week he should have done the same, smiled and walked off with 3 points - he's paid well enough to deal with whatever is dealt to him on a football field.

Saying all of that, I totally back the anti racist theme, but let's not turn jibes on a football pitch into a national scandal.

There are many amateur/semi pro footballers who laugh off and deal with worse comments week in week out, playing for fook all - At £140k a week he should have done the same, smiled and walked off with 3 points - he's paid well enough to deal with whatever is dealt to him on a football field.

What's the size of salary or the result of a game (I think they drew) got to do with it?

An individual player made racist remarks. Unacceptable. Case has been heard. Guilt has been proved. Ban in being served. That should be the end of it. But thanks to Kenny and his dickheads wearing silly t-shirts it gets whipped up.

It's then followed by the Adeyemi incident. One person in the Kop. Being dealt with by the authorities.

40,000 people booing Evra to justify the actions that have gone before? Or to say "take the abuse like a man and keep your mouth shut about it"? I don't get it.

Edited by opinions4u

Saying all of that, I totally back the anti racist theme, but let's not turn jibes on a football pitch into a national scandal.

Don't agree at all. Some may laugh it off but why should they? In this day and age we should be past all that :censored:. Evra is paid well to play football, not to tolerate racist abuse.

Does the same apply to Tom Adeyemi? Should he have laughed it off too?

O/T - Why did Scholes retire in the first place? He's the best player on that pitch. Running things for United.

Sanitised

I do agree about the t-shirt :censored: though.....Silly, silly, silly

Possibly I think this because I think Evra is a :censored:!

Oh well.

Liverpool need to grow some balls this game - Carrick, Scholes and Giggs in the middle of the park and dominating?? they've got the pace levels of a pregnant Rhino (possibly Giggs apart)

What's the size of salary or the result of a game (I think they drew) got to do with it?

An individual player made racist remarks. Unacceptable. Case has been heard. Guilt has been proved. Ban in being served. That should be the end of it. But thanks to Kenny and his dickheads wearing silly t-shirts it gets whipped up.

Having skim-read the report I'm not totally convinced that it has - they said themselves that he was found guilty on balance of probability (which is why no legal action has been taken), and it seems to put a lot of weight on the fact that Evra came across as more intelligent as Suarez, spoke fluent English and didn't need an interpreter. It also makes it difficult to have much sympathy with Evra when he admits he started the argument by saying "your sister's pussy" to Suarez. BUT players shouldn't have to laugh off racist abuse - at any level - so if he did make racist comments he deserves the ban.

I know what it looks like Ackey.

But as we all know, a single still photo may well not tell the full story.

Twitter sources* suggesting there's been an arrest though.

*in other words gossip

There is a video. Sky have shown it apparently. I just don't have that link.

Having skim-read the report I'm not totally convinced that it has - they said themselves that he was found guilty on balance of probability (which is why no legal action has been taken), and it seems to put a lot of weight on the fact that Evra came across as more intelligent as Suarez, spoke fluent English and didn't need an interpreter. It also makes it difficult to have much sympathy with Evra when he admits he started the argument by saying "your sister's pussy" to Suarez. BUT players shouldn't have to laugh off racist abuse - at any level - so if he did make racist comments he deserves the ban.

Thank you that's exactly how I feel. I wrote an extensive post regarding this matter in another thread soon after the Liverpool vs Oldham match.

There is a video. Sky have shown it apparently. I just don't have that link.

I have seen the video and watched the match again as well and all I have to say is it looks pretty damning. However, I hope people don't generalise about the entire Liverpool fan base based on the disgusting actions of this :censored: (afterall the rest of the 40,000 fans behaved well). He's being rightfully condemned across all Liverpool forums and the matter has been handed over to the police. I'm pretty sure he won't be allowed to set foot in Anfield after this.

Also want to clear up on the rumours regarding the Hillborough memorial. They are not true thankfully.

I have seen the video and watched the match again as well and all I have to say is it looks pretty damning. However, I hope people don't generalise about the entire Liverpool fan base based on the disgusting actions of this :censored: (afterall the rest of the 40,000 fans behaved well). He's being rightfully condemned across all Liverpool forums and the matter has been handed over to the police. I'm pretty sure he won't be allowed to set foot in Anfield after this.

Also want to clear up on the rumours regarding the Hillborough memorial. They are not true thankfully.

I still think a behind closed doors game is called for. I know it's the minority spoiling it for the majority - but through that message alone will they say to the rest of football how totally unacceptable this kind of scumbaggery is.