monday night

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like ive said before, its a football match, if you would rather sit down in silence and watch a game, go in the main stand, the far side of the chaddy end, or sit at home and watch it, but some of us want to make the most out of the £200 every season we spend, and enjoy ourselves

We're not all miserable gits in the Main Stand you know :grin:

I'm destined for a career in marketing. You ready? Here we go:

Oldham Ultras.

You can thank me later.

Beat me to it, Z.

Namewise, the more simple the better. At this early stage, I think it better this way so as not to seem too silly if no-one actually joins in.

Great idea though. Ignore the moaners, if they had it their way, we'd all be sat on our hands.

Is it just me or does the name "Ultras" make it sound like you will go and stab 10 chesterfield fans in the arse after the game ?

It's not just you, that's the common misguided perception. Whenever I talk to people about having a great time with Shamrock Rovers' Ultras, people mention the scooter dropped by Italian Ultras from an upper tier onto away fans.

We know that hooligans wouldn't want to be seen to be a part of the football support that involves the wearing of colours and creation of a colourful fun-loving atmosphere.

The Club welcomes this initiative.

Drumming up support

is this just me (?) - but I hate the concept of organised, regimented, synchronised chants at football. being told by someone who has taken on the role of 'song leader' when & what to sing etc.

I'm not a sheep & I don’t blindly follow.

if I want to chant or sing - I will do. if I don’t want to at any given moment; then I won't do. I don't need a conductor telling me what to do.

fair play for those who want to get involved in this - but the usual knee-jerk replies to those that don't want to are a bit tiresome.

not all people want to jump around & sing organised songs for 90mins, conversely those that don't do that aren't sat on their hands in silence either. there is middle ground here……..

is this just me (?) - but I hate the concept of organised, regimented, synchronised chants at football. being told by someone who has taken on the role of 'song leader' when & what to sing etc.

if I want to chant or sing - I will do. if I don’t want to at any given moment; then I won't do. I don't need a conductor telling me what to do.

fair play for those who want to get involved in this - but the usual knee-jerk replies to those that don't want to are a bit tiresome.

not all people want to jump around & sing organised songs for 90mins, conversely those that don't do that aren't sat on their hands in silence either. there is middle ground here……..

I share a lot of your sentiment.

But if this gives a spark that breathes a bit of life into the rather quiet Boundary Park crowds, then I'll not object to the effort.

In order for any song to work, someone has to start it off.

Whilst I agree with the crux of your point, it's been clearly advertised where the 'Ultras' are going to be based; just don't sit near them. That way you can break into song whenever it takes your fancy (usually after the 6th pint, I find).