Goal poacher required

Lookers_Carl' timestamp='1328044443' post='531670']

*News just in...

Oldham in talks with the fat scouser who handcuffed himself to the goalpost at Everton tonight.

Dickov was extremely excited at the fact that unlike the current crop of players at the moment, he knows where the goal is :grin:

The best hope of a Latics striker scoring is to handcuff him to the goalpost :grin:

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to your question is full time training and diets,it makes a vast diference with part time players often working on a matchday morning or sometimes getting home after a night match in the early hours of the morning stopping off for curry and chips then starting work on an early shift. It must take its toll no matter how skilful an individual is.

Latics may have failed with in general with non league signings, but plenty of league clubs have reaped rich rewards.

I am not saying we sign every player, but I'd like to see some local non league talent given a run out with the reserves just to see if they are better than what we have got.

We have seen quite a few who have appeared in our first team squad this season look poor playing for the reserves, some of these will be in non league themselves before too long, in other words money lost on their development - which all adds up.

I'm sure it does but arent the other lads playing for other teams at their level in the same boat?

I'm sure it does but arent the other lads playing for other teams at their level in the same boat?

Yes, but some are full time like Stalybridge Celtic, I'm not saying they are the best team in the league, their defence is not very good, just they play an excellent passing game and have one outstanding individual who is IMO better than what Latics have got.

But that's my opinion, others have a right to differ if they can say they have seen him play.

Edited by BP1960