The rarely-wrong Chron reported on 6th Feb:

With no game, Athletic midfielder James Wesolowski used the time effectively as he bids to ready himself for two more outings — starting with the game at Stevenage tomorrow, should Broadhall Way be passed fit for action, then at Brentford on Saturday — before having surgery.

“It’s not feeling too bad,” said Wesolowski, who was able to do light weights work to aid the shoulder he dislocated twice in the space of less than a month.

“It is still vulnerable to popping out until I get the operation, but at the moment I am strapping it up to keep it in place.”

After the operation to repair the damaged joint, Wesolowksi has been told he can expect a three-month gap from playing.

However, he is still targeting a return before the culmination of the campaign if everything goes according to plan.

“The surgeon said to me I can start light training after six weeks and then it is another six weeks after that when I am into full training," said the 24-year-old, who is out of contract with Athletic in the summer. “My aim is to be available for one or two games at the end of the season.”

The rarely-wrong Chron reported on 6th Feb:

With no game, Athletic midfielder James Wesolowski used the time effectively as he bids to ready himself for two more outings — starting with the game at Stevenage tomorrow, should Broadhall Way be passed fit for action, then at Brentford on Saturday — before having surgery.

“It’s not feeling too bad,” said Wesolowski, who was able to do light weights work to aid the shoulder he dislocated twice in the space of less than a month.

“It is still vulnerable to popping out until I get the operation, but at the moment I am strapping it up to keep it in place.”

After the operation to repair the damaged joint, Wesolowksi has been told he can expect a three-month gap from playing.

However, he is still targeting a return before the culmination of the campaign if everything goes according to plan.

“The surgeon said to me I can start light training after six weeks and then it is another six weeks after that when I am into full training," said the 24-year-old, who is out of contract with Athletic in the summer. “My aim is to be available for one or two games at the end of the season.”

Cheers DS knew I had read it somewhere that he was going in for it soon

Best thing really, he needs it doing and hopefully he will be back before the end of the season then can repay the loyalty and sign a new 2 year deal with us at the end of the season. Wes is a crucial player for us, best defensive midfielder we've had for years, he fitted in the team within weeks of joining which is rare for most players.