Dean Furman

Again it looks like i'm swimming against the tide of opinion here, but i'm fine with Taylor in the middle. The issue for me is who plays along side him. Tom A isn't the answer, he hasn't been all season.*

If we could get someone who can put a foot in and break play up to play along side Taylor; that for me is the best solution whilst Furman & Wes are out.

I think i'd be plumping for a Taylor & Mellor in there personally.

.* He looked so much better at RB when he played there, than he has all season playing in the CM role.

Edited by slystallone

Spoke to Paul Butler this morning at a conference.

Apparently Furman's injury is a poionous snake bite.

The snake had escaped from a government testing lab - is genetically modified to be used in future wars.

We aren't allowed to reveal this to anyone. Currently working on the cure.

Do you seriously expect us to believe that? Look we may have swollowed that Feeney was the answer....but this!

Yer but I think a fully fit Furman (both psychically fit and match fit) is one of the best CMs we have had for a while and it would be great to build a team around him and Wes but I cant help fear that like you said in another thread we will be clapping out 9 or 10 new players at BP next season

Whilst both are good players for us, if we were to build a team around the pair of them i think we would be stuck in this division for as long as that was... They are decent but hardly a top midfield pairing.

Saying that what do we expect, i guess to just stay in this division for the next few years would be an achievment in itself and with these two as a core we would probably ensure that.

Who is the only Oldham Athletic player in the past 10 years to look worse than Kiegan Parker?

No Im afraid the answer was

Who is the only Oldham Athletic player in the past 10 years to drink more than Sean Gregan?

Here's what you could have won bullseye.png

Again it looks like i'm swimming against the tide of opinion here, but i'm fine with Taylor in the middle. The issue for me is who plays along side him. Tom A isn't the answer, he hasn't been all season.*

If we could get someone who can put a foot in and break play up to play along side Taylor; that for me is the best solution whilst Furman & Wes are out.

I think i'd be plumping for a Taylor & Mellor in there personally.

.* He looked so much better at RB when he played there, than he has all season playing in the CM role.

You are not alone swimming against the tide Sly, hold on to me.

The difficulty is that we currently need Mellor to play at LB (unless you prefer to play someone else at RB and Lee at LB).

I've been championing playing 3 at the back for a bit but now Black is injured I think it is even more of a viable option. That allows Mellor and Lee to play further forward to give extra stability to the midfield and can allow for Taylor, Adeyemi and AN Other to play centrally meaning that we are less reliant on a ball winner in midfield, as we ought to out number the opposition.

Edited by rudemedic

The difficulty is that we currently need Mellor to play at LB (unless you prefer to play someone else at RB and Lee at LB).

I've been championing playing 3 at the back for a bit but now Black is injured I think it is even more of a viable option. That allows Mellor and Lee to play further forward to give extra stability to the midfield and can allow for Taylor, Adeyemi and AN Other to play centrally meaning that we are less reliant on a ball winner in midfield, as we ought to out number the opposition.

It would be great if Dickov went 3 at the back, if he did I'd play this team (maybe just because I'm inspired by Napoli in midweek!)

Cisak

Mvoto Tarky Diamond

Lee (Wide right) Adeyemi Mellor (wide left)

Simpson

Taylor Kuqi Morais

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

Not seen KMB so maybe put him in for Taylor or Morais, basically 2 of those 3 could play with freedom and support Kuqi (or Smith). Unfortunately I can't see Dickov changing from 4-4-1-1 so not sure we'll see this.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Taylor CM no no no. He'll put the effort in, but he isn't a CM. Simpson is a better CM.

Winchester in middle with Tom A, and Mellor at LB. We only just got away with Taylor in CM against Walsall, and tried it again against MK Dons and we was slaughtered (not saying it was Taylor's fault, but we would of been better with another CM in). Winchester and Mellor won't develop if they don't play, even if their not able to complete the full 90 minutes. That is what subs are for. Winchester in middle with Tom A hopefully tomorrow.