Dean Furman

i dont care how you do it Mr Corney and Mr Dickov Beg, Steal,Borrow but get yourself into the market and get us a ball winning midfielder who will put himself about the park!

without one, and some may feel im being over dramatic...we will get dragged in to it and will go down, Taylor is not the answer imo

no Dean + no Wes = not winning of enough ball in the middle of the park = to much pressure on a already frail defence

YOU MUST HAVE KNOWN ABOUT FURMAN FOR A WHILE NOW!! SORT IT FFS....TODAY!!!!

now I am worried

Edited by palmer1

More importantly we MUST get a ball winning midfielder in urgently.

IF we don't i can see us getting relegated this season.

After the last home game we went 10 points clear of Walsall , since then Walsall have reduced that to 4 points but more worryingly despite those 2 wins this week they are still in the bottom 4 .

Obviously means all the bottom teams are winning and we are struggling !!!!!

<br />More importantly we MUST get a ball winning midfielder in urgently.<br /><br />IF we don't i can see us getting relegated this season.<br /><br />After the last home game we went 10 points clear of Walsall , since then Walsall have reduced that to 4 points but more worryingly despite those 2 wins this week they are still in the bottom 4 .<br /><br />Obviously means all the bottom teams are winning and we are struggling !!!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Or tat we didn't play midweek and lost to one of the top teams last weekend! A slight overreaction but agree to some extent. Adeyemi has never been the answer in the middle of the park unfortunately! We need a Darren Sheridan in there, I dont care if they can play football. if they can get stuck in and pass it 2 yards thats good enough for me.

Personally I think we have seen some of the nest from Taylor in the middle this season, he is more involved an less likely to run down a blind alley, we just need the scrapper in the to back him up. Tom is far too leightweight for the role

We're fooked, simples….

I said after the Walsall game that if we persevered with Taylor and Adeyemi in CM we were in a for a right old shoeing, and that's exactly what happened. I hope PD has a Plan B, because it's clear that Furman's knee is a bad 'un. He's already been out for six weeks. No doubt there's no money for another loanee but we do have options. I'm not a subscriber to the theory that kids should not be thrown in. There's three lads in the ressies/yoofs that could all do a very good job and are CM Burns, Mellor and Winchester would all be more effective than Taylor.

We were fooked in 98/99 staring relegation in the face, Ritchie had no option to throw Mark Innis into CM, he was a big factor in us staying up. Time for Dickov to show some some balls and not piss about with his policy of square pegs. Ryan Burns every time I see him runs the show, this lad is good enough to be in the first team, good tackler and uses the ball well. Same with Winchester, why are we persevering with Taylor?

My team:-

Cisak

Lee

M'Voto

Tarky

Mellor

Morais

Burns/Winchester

Adeyemi

Taylor

Simpson

Smith

Edited by oafcprozac

Hasn't Dickov said that the likes of Winchester aren't fit enough for 90 mins and start struggling beyond 60/70mins? I don't think anyone thinks that they're not good enough, just that they're not conditioned enough.

in that case play one for an hour and then change it

they will never get match fit if they dont play matches

and if we cant loan then they have to be the answer

So a central midfielder and left back are needed urgently. How deep are SC's pockets ?

He's already said he's taking a hit with the golden ticket offer but these areas definitely need strengthening.

Then they should have knocked the GT on the head and spent the money on some good loanees.

We are in a mess in midfield and we desperatley in need strengthing more than we need the crowd incentive at the momnet.

Hasn't Dickov said that the likes of Winchester aren't fit enough for 90 mins and start struggling beyond 60/70mins? I don't think anyone thinks that they're not good enough, just that they're not conditioned enough.

Against Walsall it was noticeable several players were shattered after about 60 minutes, maybe the management ought to look at the fitness programme and conditioning of players so they can last the pace, at the moment they look like a bunch of part timers.

Pretty much anyone is preferable to playing Taylor in the centre. He isn't a central midfielder, and never will be. I wonder if Tarky could play there? He's good on the ball and very composed for a 3rd tier centre back. Probably the very definition of square peg in a round hole though.

Against Walsall it was noticeable several players were shattered after about 60 minutes, maybe the management ought to look at the fitness programme and conditioning of players so they can last the pace, at the moment they look like a bunch of part timers.

Isn't that what PD's little puppy, Paul Butler, is for?

you talk some :censored:e on here

Why ? This injury could rule him out till the end of the season and if he doesnt sign a new contract he will never play for us again

So for me to say we might not see him again is hardly unreal is it ?

But apart from that your right . I do post :censored:e on here

Edited by razza699

I would offer him a new deal now and show loyalty to him through injury, im sure he will sign a new deal as skipper and when met him seems a nice bloke, but if we offer it him now surely it will be the only offer on the table, even if u said same wages now and an increase of 10% and another 2 years at the end of this and tell him u want to build the team around him

Lets hope his injury puts off potential suitors hey Lags ?

To be quite honest with ya Razza the passed 8 years a lot of our players have flattered to deceive or we've just got used to the certain standard of player.

That said the higher leagues are littered with players that in one capacity or another have played for Latics in that period. Just not collectively.

To be quite honest with ya Razza the passed 8 years a lot of our players have flattered to deceive or we've just got used to the certain standard of player.

That said the higher leagues are littered with players that in one capacity or another have played for Latics in that period. Just not collectively.

Yer but I think a fully fit Furman (both psychically fit and match fit) is one of the best CMs we have had for a while and it would be great to build a team around him and Wes but I cant help fear that like you said in another thread we will be clapping out 9 or 10 new players at BP next season

Spoke to Paul Butler this morning at a conference.

Apparently Furman's injury is a poionous snake bite.

The snake had escaped from a government testing lab - is genetically modified to be used in future wars.

We aren't allowed to reveal this to anyone. Currently working on the cure.