Stone Roses Tickets

What was the "beer situation"?

They had it all wrong. Three big beer tents and about 70 food stalls from every country imaginable. When they should have had 70 beer stalls and one caravan churning out chips like there was no tomorrow.

As for beer, it looked to be a nightmare as when we walked in there looked to be a queue of at least 40 minutes long. A mate who works for SJM sorted us out with VIP wristbands so we managed to avoid the hoi polloi and queue somewhere that was only 5 deep at the bar!

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I can hear 'The Diary of Horace Wimp' in my head right now. Mixed with Sweet talking woman, Telephone Line etc.

Hold On Tight (to your dream) would be a good one for Latics fans!

It's a long time to be gone

Time just rolls on and on

When you need a shoulder to cry on

When you get so sick of trying

Just hold tight to your dream

Edited by opinions4u

They had it all wrong. Three big beer tents and about 70 food stalls from every country imaginable. When they should have had 70 beer stalls and one caravan churning out chips like there was no tomorrow.

As for beer, it looked to be a nightmare as when we walked in there looked to be a queue of at least 40 minutes long. A mate who works for SJM sorted us out with VIP wristbands so we managed to avoid the hoi polloi and queue somewhere that was only 5 deep at the bar!

It was all badly organised - queued for an hour for the bar, where a lot pushed in too. Queued for half an hour for the portaloos, only to find out there were in fact urinals where there was no queue, mainly because no one knew they were there! A simple sign stating their existence wouldn't have gone a miss.

Thought the atmosphere had a bit of an edge. Been to a fair few gigs and festivals in my time, but never seen so many people so p!ssed they couldn't stand up straight from early on in the day - many were in such a state that they didn't even make it to see the Stone Roses which just seemed stupid.

The Stone Roses were excellent, though. Plan B, as predicted, wasnt.....

I didnt even bother turning up for any support as I cant stand Plan B, confused fooker what is he? Rapper, Singer? What. Got in just before the Roses came on. They were miles better than I expected.

He did this human beat-box thing (which involved Blur's Song 2 at one point.....).

It made 80,000 people cringe,

Edited by JoeP

So pleased I went on Friday rather than Professor plum on saturday or Plan B on sunday

There's been a lot of this - don't quite understand it myself. I went to see The Stone Roses, THE :censored:ING STONE ROSES. Had a :censored:ing unbelievable day/night out with top people and didn't give a flying :censored: about who was supporting.....although I will say this : Liam Gallagher was on form and, for me, was the front man of the day on Saturday. :peepwall:

Edited by Yard Dog

Really?

I thought he was walking round aggressively like he was on speed and barking his songs into a microphone. I guess Beady Eye need a focal point as they songs sure as hell aren't up to it.

I'm still in a stunned state after Saturday night, I can't get over how good it was! Some parts wish fulfilment, some parts memory lane, some parts just sheer excellence and some parts complete and utter satisfaction.

Maybe I'm getting carried away but he was the typical arrogant :censored: with a lot to say...and they played two classics...Rock and Roll star, Morning Glory...went down a storm and I for one was buzzing my cock off.

I'm not someone who idolises Liam, (or Oasis or The Roses) by any stretch, but I like characters.

He got the crowd really pumped up and I loved it when he signed off with 'you are about to see the best :censored:ing band in the world. You don't know how lucky you are'

Vaccines - pah.

Edited by Yard Dog