Louis Dodds & Sean Rigg

Heard that yet again Port Vale are unable to pay players and that 2 of their best young prospects were watched last night by a host of league 1 scouts with a view to loan until the end of the season

I know very little of the two other than that one is a striker and one is a very highly rated midfielder which we are lacking at the moment

Tranmere are thought to be leading the race surely to god we could get at least one ahead of them

Any thoughts or anyone know either of these players well enough to comment

Heard that yet again Port Vale are unable to pay players and that 2 of their best young prospects were watched last night by a host of league 1 scouts with a view to loan until the end of the season

I know very little of the two other than that one is a striker and one is a very highly rated midfielder which we are lacking at the moment

Tranmere are thought to be leading the race surely to god we could get at least one ahead of them

Tranmere have many deutschmarks

Some Dale fans can help with Louis Dodds. He was on loan there a few years back. Sean Rigg was the one who had his jaw smashed in a FA Cup tie against Barrow. Don't know much else about them.

If it was a straight fight between us and the Bin Dippers, who would you rather play for. Sponge Bob or PD. I know who I'd choose. But if there were other League 1 scouts there, you can bet yer ass that the money boys would have been represented. That would kick us straight into touch.

If it was a straight fight between us and the Bin Dippers, who would you rather play for. Sponge Bob (who the fans want to get fired) or PD. I know who I'd choose. But if there were other League 1 scouts there, you can bet yer ass that the money boys would have been represented. That would kick us straight into touch.

FTFY,

Even if Tranmere get a new manager in we can get the jump on them. I doubt any player out of contract is going to sign for a manager who might get fired any day unless they knew them previously.

Having said that let's remember the last bunch of players we got from a club in that sort of financial difficulty- a crock who never played for us and a decent centre-forward who was only useful for the first 3 months of the season.

If it was a straight fight between us and the Bin Dippers, who would you rather play for. Sponge Bob or PD. I know who I'd choose. But if there were other League 1 scouts there, you can bet yer ass that the money boys would have been represented. That would kick us straight into touch.

i actually laughed out loud then...made me chuckle

I think we could do with a midfielder but whether we can afford more wages or even a fee if they were looking for it, I though on Tuesday night when Taylor was out of the squad he might be on his way out. It seems I was wrong so that makes it even less likely that we will be bringing anyone in.

have you got any proof we are after them or are you just putting 2+2 togehter and getting 6 ?

Not for one min Razza i said in post #4 that mate, was more a question they are being sniffed at can they do a job for us and surely rather go us than trannies

Dont even have a clue who these are to be fair i know someone who works on the coaching staff at crewe and thats who they played thats who told me