Tom Adeyemi

First of all, why are you on our board? You won't find any Latics talking out of their backside on that RAWK nonsense.

Secondly, stop defending Suarez. Your club has already dragged itself through the mud for long enough on this subject; your idiotic manager and classless playing staff have shown your club's true colours.

The recent actions of your fans; the 'Monkey Gesture' bloke and the one who called Adeyemi a 'Manc Bastard' (my arse) reinforces what everyone in football knows: Liverpool Football Club are an embarrassment and a disgrace to this country.

Always the victims, it's never your fault.

Was there a hidden rule in the terms and conditions that I failed to read which said that only Oldham supporters are allowed to post on this forum?

Secondly is it so hard to read what I said in my previous post. GO and read back my reply if you want my opinion on the Suarez case. Do you believe any tripe which the media serves up as gospel? Also did you read the FA document which went over the Suarez case by any chance?

Third of all in the past 3 years a grand total of 0 Liverpool supporters have been found guilty of racist chants. The lowest in the Premier League. But sure it's Liverpool supporters who are racist. :blink:

Edited by liverpoolfan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there a microphone position next to this lad who shouted abuse? I should imagine not so how can the judge say nothing was said.

Same old with the self pity city liverpool supporters.

and Oh they are racists. I have heard it for myself when I have been to Anfield and i have been a fair few times with hubby.

LFC = RACISTS!!!

Rotten to the core.

But say anything about then and they start with their bloody bile.

Janet

Bloody hell weren't you one of those who couldn't come up with a coherent reply to my explanation on the Suarez case?

Was there a hidden rule in the terms and conditions that I failed to read which said that only Oldham supporters are allowed to post on this forum?

Secondly is it so hard to read what I said in my previous post. GO and read back my reply if you want my opinion on the Suarez case. Do you believe any tripe which the media serves up as gospel? Also did you read the FA document which went over the Suarez case by any chance?

Third of all in the past 3 years a grand total of 2 Liverpool supporters have been found guilty of racist chants. One of the lowest in the Premier League (behind only 2 teams). But sure it's Liverpool supporters who are racist. :blink:

No-one's saying all Liverpool fans are racist. It's the fact you've continually defended a racist which annoys people. The way your club handled itself throughout the Suarez saga was an embarrassment. The self pitying, 'everyone's against us', victim mentality attitude of your fans, your manager and your club is also an embarrassment. Look at the way Chelsea have handled the Terry racism scandal. That's how Liverpool should've handled it. But no, you have to go on the defensive, straight away. Horrible club.

No-one's saying all Liverpool fans are racist. It's the fact you've continually defended a racist which annoys people. The way your club handled itself throughout the Suarez saga was an embarrassment. The self pitying, 'everyone's against us', victim mentality attitude of your fans, your manager and your club is also an embarrassment. Look at the way Chelsea have handled the Terry racism scandal. That's how Liverpool should've handled it. But no, you have to go on the defensive, straight away. Horrible club.

Constantly defended a racist hey? So have you had a chance to go back and look at the reply I keep going on about? Even in the official statement BOTH the FA and Evra said they do not believe Suarez is a racist. And contrary to what some people would like to believe Suarez did NOT admit to racially abusing Evra.

But no of course we should have made no effort to defend one of our best players against the allegations. That's exactly how it works isn't it? Give me a break. We did NOT defend racism. We defended one of our players who we firmly believe is NOT a racist. There is a slight difference you know. How hard is it to comprehend?

And how exactly have Chelsea handled the case? Have they publicly condemned Terry yet of being a racist? No. They are letting the police handle the matter. Unfortunately we couldn't do the same thing. Just wish Evra had reported the matter to police.

Also in regards to "no-one is saying all Liverpool fans are racist". You might want to have a look at Heath's post just above.

Edited by liverpoolfan

Third of all in the past 3 years a grand total of 2 Liverpool supporters have been found guilty of racist chants. One of the lowest in the Premier League (behind only 2 teams). But sure it's Liverpool supporters who are racist. :blink:

I did come up with a lengthy and coherent response to this. Then my internet crashed and wiped it. I can't be arsed reproducing it.

Barry Owen has probably done it for me.

Latics statement on CPS decision

As for Suarez (I do hate the way the two cases get lumped together, but it really can't be helped - The siege mentality possibly created the situation with Adeyemi) Dalglish backed his man all the way.

Well, not to the extent of appealing a decision that was the result of a thorough report. The games at the end of the ban were considered more important to the football club, so not worthy of an appeal. Suarez repaid him by making him look a complete dick when he forgot to do the silly handshake thing.

Edited by opinions4u

Problem with the Suarez case is that you all beleived what Kenny Dalglish said and stood and supported Saurez like he did. All this * we dont believe in the press* at Anfield is getting a bit silly now. The press have backed LFC many many times and the time they came out and critisied KK for what he did all hell breaks lose with you all. Its all Everyone is against us :censored: thats now wearing a bit thin with people. Some football fans respected LFC for their once proud record that they held, not anymore. I should imagine you dont care, I dont care to be honest, like has been said its all wearing abit thin now.

Sometimes taking a step back and seeing whats going on first would be good, pity KK didnt do that, he did in the end, he and your club accepted the punishment that was dished out to Saurez.

ANyway, this is about Adeyemi, I can see already some Liverpool supporters are taking the piss out of him on some LFC forums calling him all name sunder the sun. Racists, surely not.

Janet

Link please?

Its called RAOTL!!! a closed forum for which I had a very old log in.

Glad I kept it now seems to be most of them on there think this LFC fan said *Manc* and not *Black* apart from one personwho was sat a few seats away said he was shouting *Black C*nt* at him!! All them on there that were sat nowhere near him.

Think its called *We dont grass anyone up in Liverpool* Oh and Oliver Holts getting some stick for backing Adeyemi.

Janet

Third of all in the past 3 years a grand total of 3 Liverpool supporters have been found guilty of racist chants. One of the lowest in the Premier League (behind only 2 other teams). But sure it's Liverpool supporters who are racist. :blink:

Sorry I stand corrected the number was actually 0 instead of 3 (with just 1 case pending in the current season).

Edited by liverpoolfan

Reading through RAWK a lot of Liverpool fans seem to think this guy has been cleared, rather than CPS not having enough evidence to proceed. They are talking about apologies, compensation and the rest of it and claiming that all the evidence supports the accused. At the same time they have the audacity to have a pop at other people for "not reading" the FA report on Suarez.

Reading through RAWK a lot of Liverpool fans seem to think this guy has been cleared, rather than CPS not having enough evidence to proceed. They are talking about apologies, compensation and the rest of it and claiming that all the evidence supports the accused. At the same time they have the audacity to have a pop at other people for "not reading" the FA report on Suarez.

Hasn't he been cleared? I don't think anyone is asking for compensation. Also no one is even contemplating asking for an apology from Adeyemi or Oldham FC (instead I have only heard praise about how Oldham handled the situation). The only apology a few posters are asking from is Gordon Taylor (head of PFA) who publicly "confirmed" that the alleged offendant was guilty before the matter was even handled by the police.

Anyway gotta head off. Cheerio!

Edited by liverpoolfan

Insufficient evidence means there isn't enough evidence for the case to be continued, as there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the man is guilty. It doesn't necessarily mean he IS not guilty (as people are assumed to be not guilty unless it can be proven otherwise), nor does it mean he has been cleared of committing any offence, in the unlikely event that the cops look into it in more detail and find more evidence they can always re-arrest the man. The courts in this country require a much greater burden of proof than the FA, you have to be 100% guilty to be convicted of a crime in this country. I'm totally unsurprised by this outcome, it was fairly clear that even before the coppers arrested the fan unless CCTV and other evidence could prove the accusations there wasn't enough evidence to disprove the fan's claims he was misheard by Adeyemi. It boiled down to Adeyemi, an intelligent footballer, and some others saying the fan shouted racist abuse compared with the fan and some others, who I can't believe were all his mates, saying he shouted something abusive but not illegal.

The coppers analysed the CCTV and couldn't find anything definitive to sufficiently support Adeyemi's case, and so quite rightly didn't take the matter any further. The law is blind enough in this country to ensure when the evidence of criminal activity boils down to one group's word against another no conviction should happen; so why bother with a costly trial when the result is already known.

Liverpool football club, however, don't require any where near the level of proof about a person's guilt that the courts do. They could quite easily say to the fan because you may have shouted racist abuse and some of our own fans have corroborated this, you have damaged the reputation of Liverpool football club at a time when due to our own player's actions our reputation was already low. You are no longer welcome at Anfield- we won't be renewing any season tickets or membership you have. If the situation was reversed I'd expect Oldham to do just that and unlike Liverpool we don't have a waiting list for membership and season ticket holders; Liverpool FC know full well that if they banned the man from Anfield for a period to be determined someone else will replace them; they won't but as a private club they could.

Adeyemi didn't accuse the fan maliciously, nor did he lie, nor did he play the race card; he heard what he heard and those Liverpool fans demanding an apology on twitter from Adeyemi are in a deluded world. Having re read what Gordon Taylor said just after the incident I think he perhaps should say something like, "I apologise if what I said made it appear like the fan was definitely guilty of a criminal offence, it was not my intention to do this" Gordon Taylor strikes me as a bit of a naive person who has lucked into a high paying union job due to who the members of his union are.

Well, it is never going to be proven one way or another now.

The reports coming out from all and sundry at the time did appear to be a bit over exaggerated. But, I doubt Adeyemi made it up or heard wrongly. It's just very hard to beleive that is the case.

honest player, who heard a racist insult. seems like we'll never know if anyone said it but at least we can forget about the whole thing now and remember the night for a good game and that goal that sent us all mad for 60 seconds.

Luis Suarez gave "unreliable" evidence to the body that was investigating claims he racially abused Patrice Evra, according to a report published by the Football Association.

The report says Suarez has "damaged the image of English football around the world". Two similar offences in future could lead to "a permanent suspension".

In giving the reasons for the length of the ban, the report said: "Given the number of times that Mr Suarez used the word 'negro', his conduct is significantly more serious than a one-off use of a racially offensive term and amounts to an aggravating factor." From the BBC

The link to the FA report no longer works.

It would have helped diffuse the row if Liverpool had condemned Suarez’s racist behaviour from the outset, rather than backing him unconditionally. Hopefully, he’ll be sold in the summer and we can all move on.

As for Tom Adeyemi, he has shown himself to be a thoroughly decent young man as well as a promising footballer. He’s well educated an articulate, and even with a Liverpool accent he can tell the difference between the words ‘manc’ and ‘black’.

Despite the sophistry and asinine comments of some Liverpool fans, in their attempts to defend their club, there is a stain on the good name of Liverpool Football Club. This stain is deserved and it’s all their own fault.

Luis Suarez gave "unreliable" evidence to the body that was investigating claims he racially abused Patrice Evra, according to a report published by the Football Association.

The report says Suarez has "damaged the image of English football around the world". Two similar offences in future could lead to "a permanent suspension".

In giving the reasons for the length of the ban, the report said: "Given the number of times that Mr Suarez used the word 'negro', his conduct is significantly more serious than a one-off use of a racially offensive term and amounts to an aggravating factor." From the BBC

It would have helped diffuse the row if Liverpool had condemned Suarez’s racist behaviour from the outset, rather than backing him unconditionally. Hopefully, he’ll be sold in the summer and we can all move on.

As for Tom Adeyemi, he has shown himself to be a thoroughly decent young man as well as a promising footballer. He’s well educated an articulate, and even with a Liverpool accent he can tell the difference between the words ‘manc’ and ‘black’.

Despite the sophistry and asinine comments of some Liverpool fans, in their attempts to defend their club, there is a stain on the good name of Liverpool Football Club. This stain is deserved and it’s all their own fault.

Spot on ,

I don't think that Dalglish and his morons that supported Suarez realise what damage they have casued.

I was at the Lads school game last week and a 10 yrd old was sent off for calling an opponent a n****r .

Obviously at that age would think it hard to believe he was racist but he said afterwards he was only saying what Suarez said .

Dalglish - Still think you were right to support him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:censored:ing hell can people not read on this forum? It seems like I am repeating myself over and over again. Before going on your rant did you read my previous comments on the issue or the lengthy post that I asked others to read?

Why exactly would we have condemned Suarez from the outset? So just because Evra made some allegations we should condemn our best player as definitely a racist BEFORE any evidence is brought forward, not trust a word he says and banish him to the sidelines? Yes that would have been quite the logical move! Give me a break. And if you had actually bothered reading the FA report instead of taking any old media tripe as gospel you would have come across the facts that:

1. No actual video evidence was brought forward confirming the allegations made by Evra.

2. No actual audio evidence was brought forward confirming the allegations made by Evra.

3. No Liverpool players testified to hearing the allegations made by Evra.

4. No Manchester United players testified to hearing the allegations made by Evra.

5. No match officials testified to hearing the allegations made by Evra.

But no of course we should have publically ostracized Suarez from the outset. What a racist club!

As I have said so many times before I just wish the police had handled the case.

For the rest of my opinion regarding the matter take a bit of your time to read this post of mine. Post number 39 on this link:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37368&st=20

And do you really think in a football ground (not your home) with so much noise and commotion it is not hard to confuse "Manc" with "black"?

Edited by liverpoolfan

Spot on ,

I don't think that Dalglish and his morons that supported Suarez realise what damage they have casued.

I was at the Lads school game last week and a 10 yrd old was sent off for calling an opponent a n****r .

Obviously at that age would think it hard to believe he was racist but he said afterwards he was only saying what Suarez said .

Dalglish - Still think you were right to support him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I'm sure that's exactly what happened. And did he rip off his shirt to reveal a Liverpool jersey and start chanting Suarez's name as well?

People have been found with axes stuck in the backs of their heads and there've been no charges in the case. No charges in the case does not mean no crime.

The race problem at Liverpool starts at the top, with King Kenny's insane defence of Suarez. That's what made it okay for a fan to shout racist abuse at Adeyemi. That's what made the monkey chants at Evra okay.

Liverpool have a problem, and they need to own up to it and sort it out.

And do you really think in a football ground (not your home) with so much noise and commotion it is not hard to confuse "Manc" with "black"?

With the noise generated by the mighty Spion Kop that night?

I'd be pretty sure Mr Adeyemi heard exactly what was said from 10 yards away.

:censored:ing hell can people not read on this forum? It seems like I am repeating myself over and over again. Before going on your rant did you read my previous comments on the issue or the lengthy post that I asked others to read?

Why exactly would we have condemned Suarez from the outset? So just because Evra made some allegations we should condemn our best player as definitely a racist BEFORE any evidence is brought forward, not trust a word he says and banish him to the sidelines? Yes that would have been quite the logical move! Give me a break. And if you had actually bothered reading the FA report instead of taking any old media tripe as gospel you would have come across the facts that:

1. No actual video evidence was brought forward confirming the allegations made by Evra.

2. No actual audio evidence was brought forward confirming the allegations made by Evra.

3. No Liverpool players testified to hearing the allegations made by Evra.

4. No Manchester United players testified to hearing the allegations made by Evra.

5. No match officials testified to hearing the allegations made by Evra.

But no of course we should have publically ostracized Suarez from the outset. What a racist club!

As I have said so many times before I just wish the police had handled the case.

For the rest of my opinion regarding the matter take a bit of your time to read this post of mine. Post number 39 on this link:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37368&st=20

I personally think regardless of your post that Liverpool now be associated with being racist.

Now, I can " :censored:ing read", its about time you faced up to the facts and realised that this saga will always come back in your face.

We dont play in your league, we are not rivals and we dont hate Liverpool. What you are witnessing on here is you jumped up twerp is the general feeling of the average football fan towards Liverpool and its fans. ( the monkey picture sold it for me). You can carry on your pointless crusade on here or other message boards and bitch when your not being heard.

You aint going to get any sympathy on here for your case, infact, in my eyes your doing more harm than good.

If you have a gripe, I suggest you take it to the top with your messiah King Kenny.- it all stemmed from him.

You cant defend the guilty.

I personally think regardless of your post that Liverpool now be associated with being racist.

Now, I can " :censored:ing read", its about time you faced up to the facts and realised that this saga will always come back in your face.

We dont play in your league, we are not rivals and we dont hate Liverpool. What you are witnessing on here is you jumped up twerp is the general feeling of the average football fan towards Liverpool and its fans. ( the monkey picture sold it for me). You can carry on your pointless crusade on here or other message boards and bitch when your not being heard.

You aint going to get any sympathy on here for your case, infact, in my eyes your doing more harm than good.

If you have a gripe, I suggest you take it to the top with your messiah King Kenny.- it all stemmed from him.

You cant defend the guilty.

Well you know you are fighting a lost cause when you start arguing with a bunch of sheep who can't cannot put in any effort thinking for themselves and would rather believe any odd tripe that the media puts out as opposed to engaging in objective analysis. And personally I don't care about not being heard on an Oldham football forum. The fact that none of you have so far been able to make a coherent rebuttal of my post (which I even provided a link to this time) says more than I need to.

Faced up to the facts hey? What facts? Like the fact that the police found the supporter to be not guilty in the charge of racially abusing Adeyemi which some on here still cannot face up to yet when it comes to Suarez he was guilty and should have been ostracized the day Evra opened his mouth. Those facts? Pathetic.

Now if you can read tell me how many Liverpool fans have been charged with racist chants over the last 3 years? How does that compare to other clubs in the PL?

Oh but wait that doesn't matter. The Daily mail said Liverpool are racist. Burn them! Burn them all!

Edited by liverpoolfan