Season 2012-2013

There's been plenty of threads that have covered our worries about the very real possibility that the bulk of our out of contract players could be moving on......so, donning my optimistic hat for a while, who do people see as realistic targets for us in terms of replacements?

The following players i mention are to the best of my knowledge out of contract at the end of the season, therefore They would be be available on frees. I believe that even though they come from League 2, they would add to our side.

Marc Richards. Port Vale. Striker.

Vale have well documented financial problems, and even knowing that, this lad is available on a free as it is. He's scored goals at L2 level and to me is someone who could step up easily. Ive seen his goals on TV highlight shows and he scores all types. I watched him this season when Vale played Shrewsbury, and he impressed me. His movement and leading the line wad of particular note. I'd be impressed if we managed to secure him.

Michael Jaccobs. Northampton. Midfielder.

We lack creativity from the centre of the park, just a we did last season also. I wanted us to sign Chris Lines for this season but he went to Sheff Weds. This lad is in a similar mould to him, only younger. He's a 'free' but he's under 23 so compensation is involved, but we have paid that before for Cisak so we've shown that for the right player we can muster £50K+. this lad scores goals from midfield; something we lack. He also takes all Northamptons set pieces. I think he'd be a super addition.

I'd love us to move for Nick Powell at Crewe; but i feel he's destined for higher than us ( did you see his brace on Saturday - top draw finishes and he's 17!!!)

Anyone else have anyone on their radar that could be potential signings??

We'll do what we always do, tell everyone how :censored: the budget is, yet we're still ambitious and expect to be competitive. We'll set our standards too high, miss out on the quality, a week into the season we'll still be scraping around with half a team missing…thus playing catch-up and the cycle will begin again a year later.

In reality we'll offer a few year long deals, one or two 6 month deals, take :censored:-loads of fodder on trial, promote a couple of kids and make the usual panic loan signings…..

I'd love us to move for Nick Powell at Crewe; but i feel he's destined for higher than us ( did you see his brace on Saturday - top draw finishes and he's 17!!!)

Is he the lad that stood out like a sore thumb against us in this season's JPT? If it is the lad i'm thinking of, he's destined for much higher things than Latics i'm afraid...

Edited by Break The Silence

This is an interesting out of contract players website (the market values seem unrealistic though), now if we knew the agents Latics dealt with we could put 2 and 2 together.......

Take your pick from 16 pages in Div 1 alone, then check out the other leagues...have fun;

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB3_2012.html

Edited by BP1960

This is an interesting out of contract players website (the market values seem unrealistic though), now if we knew the agents Latics dealt with we could put 2 and 2 together.......

Take your pick from 16 pages in Div 1 alone, then check out the other leagues...have fun;

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB3_2012.html

We only seem to deal with Stellar Group….

We only seem to deal with Stellar Group….

In that case a bit of detective work on older players shows possibilities like; (present clubs shown, some may be on loan).

Andy Griffin 32 (Reading)

Barry Robson 33 (Middlesbrough)

Jonathan Macken 34 (Walsall)

Martin Rowlands 33 (Colchester)

Jody Morris 34 (St Johnstone)

Peak age like;

Jonathan Forte 25 (Notts County)

Andy Taylor 25 (Sheffield United) **Left full back**

and younger players like;

Andre Wisdom 18 (Liverpool)

Matt Tootle 21 (Crewe) ** Left full back**

Elvis 21 (União Leiria, Portugal)....I eagerly await comments on him. :grin:

Edited by BP1960

There's been plenty of threads that have covered our worries about the very real possibility that the bulk of our out of contract players could be moving on......so, donning my optimistic hat for a while, who do people see as realistic targets for us in terms of replacements?

The following players i mention are to the best of my knowledge out of contract at the end of the season, therefore They would be be available on frees. I believe that even though they come from League 2, they would add to our side.

Marc Richards. Port Vale. Striker.

Vale have well documented financial problems, and even knowing that, this lad is available on a free as it is. He's scored goals at L2 level and to me is someone who could step up easily. Ive seen his goals on TV highlight shows and he scores all types. I watched him this season when Vale played Shrewsbury, and he impressed me. His movement and leading the line wad of particular note. I'd be impressed if we managed to secure him.

Ritchie signed him on loan just before Moorex sacked him, scored a decent goal v the Bin Dippers in the LDV in a 2-0 win in Stitch's last game at the club.

In that case a bit of detective work on older players shows possibilities like; (present clubs shown, some may be on loan).

Peak age like;

I remember him having a pretty good game against us in the JPT aswell, although i'm convinced he played at right back! And unless he can play both, we certainly don't need a replacement right back thank you very much...

I remember him having a pretty good game against us in the JPT aswell, although i'm convinced he played at right back! And unless he can play both, we certainly don't need a replacement right back thank you very much...

We might if Lee goes :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russel_Mwafulirwa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essau_Kanyenda

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kassim_Abdallah

The first two are currently without a club- and they looked good enough for this level when I saw them, big, quick and an eye for the goal on a pitch that is worse than Clayton Playing fields. The last one looks like he might have something about him he scores a lot of goals for a centre-half.

Peak age like;

They would be great signings, even more so Forte he is an awesome player and would be a good replacement for Taylor

Edited by oldhamandy1