Fabrice Muamba

Nothing whatsoever to do with Diana. And what's this 'we're not Liverpool' nonsense from someone criticising this on Twitter. It's just as much as to do with oafc as all the other clubs who've visited to pay their respects for a fellow pro and the tragic incident and battle he's going through. I'm sure Fabrice will scoff at the Latics shirt outside the Reebok wishing him well. "Nothing to do with me," he'll say.....!!

Does no one else find it all a bit morbid? I was saddened as anyone else by it, but this whole leaving tributes the Reebok thing, and the minutes applause at the Wolves game on Sunday, it's all a bit weird considering he hasn't actually died.

How can anyone moan at this? The players are honouring a fellow pro, those cocks. It has nothing to do with them? Well it has nothing to do with the public either I'll let everyone thier well wishes on Twitter and Facebook mean nothing to the family. And I'm sorry Dianafication? So you're comparing a woman who died in a carcrash because she was running away from paps, with the driver drunk and driving at huge speeds. A woman whose death has caused silly rumours and accusations after over and over again for years, a woman who was a former Princess and rich. To a 23 year old lad who nearly died doing his job because the prober checks had not been done, yes I totally agree boo the well wishers their building this young man onto a pedastal.

Nothing whatsoever to do with Diana. And what's this 'we're not Liverpool' nonsense from someone criticising this on Twitter. It's just as much as to do with oafc as all the other clubs who've visited to pay their respects for a fellow pro and the tragic incident and battle he's going through. I'm sure Fabrice will scoff at the Latics shirt outside the Reebok wishing him well. "Nothing to do with me," he'll say.....!!

I'm sure while he's lying in hospital (not dead, as the guy above pointed out), he'll be comforted by the Latics shirt outside a football ground 250miles away.

This collective grief thing is really quite strange, people 'praying' for a footballer; if this had happened in League Two no-one would even bat an eyelid. It's like a race to see who be the most grief-stricken person, all this #PrayForMuamba nonsense on Twitter.

Rather than tweeting meaningless nonsense, why aren't these footballers/clubs sticking money in collection boxes for the St. John's Ambulance?

How can anyone moan at this? The players are honouring a fellow pro, those cocks. It has nothing to do with them? Well it has nothing to do with the public either I'll let everyone thier well wishes on Twitter and Facebook mean nothing to the family. And I'm sorry Dianafication? So you're comparing a woman who died in a carcrash because she was running away from paps, with the driver drunk and driving at huge speeds. A woman whose death has caused silly rumours and accusations after over and over again for years, a woman who was a former Princess and rich. To a 23 year old lad who nearly died doing his job because the prober checks had not been done, yes I totally agree boo the well wishers their building this young man onto a pedastal.

Dianaficiation refers to the majority of the British public weeping at the death of a woman they'd never met. See also: minute's applause.

I'm sure while he's lying in hospital (not dead, as the guy above pointed out), he'll be comforted by the Latics shirt outside a football ground 250miles away.

This collective grief thing is really quite strange, people 'praying' for a footballer; if this had happened in League Two no-one would even bat an eyelid. It's like a race to see who be the most grief-stricken person, all this #PrayForMuamba nonsense on Twitter.

Rather than tweeting meaningless nonsense, why aren't these footballers/clubs sticking money in collection boxes for the St. John's Ambulance?

Were the deaths of Richard Butcher and Keith Alexander not covered by the media? Difference was they died, Muamba was fighting for his life.

I'd disagree with that based on the coverage of Ernie Cooksey.

I think most of the publicity regarding that was generated by the people working on behalf of the charity that was set up in his honour and work by both Oldham and Rochdale. We noticed it more because it was relevant to us and we had updates on here and the fishal on a regular basis.

When Richard Butcher died there wasn't anywhere near this sort of attention. One story on the BBC, condolences on here and that was about it.

1. Muamba hasn't died yet and hopefully will make a full recovery

2. People have heart attacks all over the country every day but don't get a parade for it. It's a terrible thing to happen to anyone but we all accept it.

When was the last time you and a group of your friends heard of somebody vaguely connected to you had had a heart attack and went on a pilgrimage to the place of their work? It just doesn't make sense to me. A nice gesture to show some thought about a fellow professional, but in my opinion it's over the top and 'bandwagon jumping' for want of a better expression. I'm sure a tweet would have done the job just fine.

Strange thing to complain about somebody showing respect to someone who's battling for their life but I think pre-grief and this morbid outpouring of emotion for someone most of them if any know at all is unnecessary. This isn't really aimed at our players to be honest, it's more something we do as a nation every now and again that so many seem to get swept up in.

Edited by LeylandLatic

I think most of the publicity regarding that was generated by the people working on behalf of the charity that was set up in his honour and work by both Oldham and Rochdale. We noticed it more because it was relevant to us and we had updates on here and the fishal on a regular basis.

When Richard Butcher died there wasn't anywhere near this sort of attention. One story on the BBC, condolences on here and that was about it.

1. Muamba hasn't died yet and hopefully will make a full recovery

2. People have heart attacks all over the country every day but don't get a parade for it. It's a terrible thing to happen to anyone but we all accept it.

When was the last time you and a group of your friends heard of somebody vaguely connected to you had had a heart attack and went on a pilgrimage to the place of their work? It just doesn't make sense to me. A nice gesture to show some thought about a fellow professional, but in my opinion it's over the top and 'bandwagon jumping' for want of a better expression. I'm sure a tweet would have done the job just fine.

Strange thing to complain about somebody showing respect to someone who's battling for their life but I think pre-grief and this morbid outpouring of emotion for someone most of them if any know at all is unnecessary. This isn't really aimed at our players to be honest, it's more something we do as a nation every now and again that so many seem to get swept up in.

Yeah I see what you mean. But this just snowballed, imagine how many people got a text on saturday evening saying 'are you watching this?' I know I sent about eight, Somebody in a pub gets it and the whole pub knows. He technically 'died' aswell so thats making it worse, plus prem players attract the media, so if Drogba and Ashley Cole pop down and see him then ssnews are all over it. The players arent going on a pilgrimage, theyre just taking a one hour detour. Some of them probably don't even want to, but theyre just going with it because some probably do.

Does no one else find it all a bit morbid? I was saddened as anyone else by it, but this whole leaving tributes the Reebok thing, and the minutes applause at the Wolves game on Sunday, it's all a bit weird considering he hasn't actually died.

I think its honourable of our lads to go and show their support, but don't go on a pilgrimage, the lad's still alive, send him a card, bunch of grapes or whatever. Typical of the 'oh my God', let;'s be seen to do the collective right thing society we live in, It started with Diana's death and snowballed.

The incident was sad, and it shocked me and others to the core but he's in the best possible hands and by all accounts improving bit by bit. I just think the whole country needs to man the :censored: up.

Get well soon Fabrice, now lets regain a sense of perspective. Time for everyone to move on except those closest to him. I'm sure the column inches on this will diminish come tomorrow afternoon, with Osborne's latest attack on those that have nothing left to give.

Edited by oafcprozac

"As soon as it happened we could all tell something was seriously wrong, the ground fell silent and we just watched as it unfolded. Some of the fans were crying & holding eachother. The rest just couldn't believe it was happening" ...

Roberto Di Matteo after Fernando Torres scored.