If..............

..............we keep the current squad of players then do you think we could achieve a P/O place or even better?

Cisak

Diallo

M'Voto

Brown

Lee

Taylor

2 from Wesolowski / Furman / M'Changama

Simpson

Tounkara

Kuqi (or Reid if Kuqi asks for too much £)

Subs - 1 from Wesolowski/Furman/M'Changama, Reid, Bunn, Diamond and Morais

Plus the remaining squad.

If we could retain that first eleven and the subs, avoid injury but rely on the extended squad then I think we can improve a hell of a lot from this season.

What do you think?

I think its clear we'll have a small squad similar to this season so if we're unlucky with injuries again then could struggle.

But, I think we've got the makings of a very good team at present. It'll be dictated by the £££ but I really hope PD can keep the current squad together and maybe add one or two experienced heads.

Keep the same team - if we stay clear of injuries we're certainly capable of competing for a play off place. I suspect there will be several changes, and half the side will need gelling time so I think a top half finish will be the target.

I think with the sides coming down, Pompey, Doncaster and probably either Coventry, Brizzle, Millwall or Forest may find being down here a bit of a grind. The teams coming up don't look too fierce either so it'll be a slightly weaker division that we're useful and could be a good time for a challenge. But, investment in the squad is vital. I fear we'll miss out once again.

Basically, until serious money is invested in the playing side, seasons like this are going to be commonplace.

This squad should be capable of challenging the play-offs as is, because we have some very good players. Don't exonerate Dickov from any blame for the poor performances we chuck in semi-regularly.

Don't expect we'll have the same squad next year, because I think it highly likely that Taylor, Lee, Furman and Cisak will be in the Championship before too long.

I've just got off the phone to my dad and was saying this very thing. If (and it's a sizeable if) we could keep this squad together and have a decent run with injuries and suspensions, we could challenge for the playoffs next season.

..............we keep the current squad of players then do you think we could achieve a P/O place or even better?

Cisak

Diallo

M'Voto

Brown

Lee

Taylor

2 from Wesolowski / Furman / M'Changama

Simpson

Tounkara

Kuqi (or Reid if Kuqi asks for too much £)

Subs - 1 from Wesolowski/Furman/M'Changama, Reid, Bunn, Diamond and Morais

Plus the remaining squad.

If we could retain that first eleven and the subs, avoid injury but rely on the extended squad then I think we can improve a hell of a lot from this season.

What do you think?

Morais over Simpson on the wing.

Brown? Well, give him some more games at CB until deciding whether would want him or not next season.

Don't forget KMB aswell, we have option to extend contract for 12 months, which I think we will. If we can manage him correctly, then we'll have a very good player on our hands. Even on a bad day teams will be :censored: scared of his pace.

It's a very big 'if', but I think keeping this squad together would give us a great shot at the playoffs. No time would be needed for the squad to gel and a lot of talented youngsters would have a good year's experience under their belts to give them a greater chance of being more consistent.

Unfortunately I'm resigned to us losing the bulk of our best players and having to rebuild from scratch. Hope I'm wrong.

Who is belezika ?

Youth team centre-back, big, strong and comfortable on the ball. I a lot of ways ahead of Parkes who made the bench last week. Bigger clubs have been sniffing round I hear. Tarky imo has took his eye off the ball recently (he had been doing well, maybe he found himself in the comfort zone) and will need to cut the errors out and lapses in concentration as one area we do look strong in is CB. Especially if we sign another this summer and/or retain Diamond. Two clean sheets in two games, suggests we were right to 'rest' him. M'Voto looks more comfortable alongside Brown or diamond too.

If the budget is under even more pressure for next season ,I think there is no chance of keeping Simpson , Kuqi , Furman , Lee , Cisak etc .

Season ticket sales will start soonenough & you really haven't a clue what you are puchasing player wise.

Only footy can get away with this , you wouldn't pay for a top rock/pop band & then find out only 1 original member was playing or it was a tribute band ......

If we kept hold of most of the squad maybe with 2 in and 2 out over the next few seasons we could get out of this league, and that is the only way, because we can't buy our way out and we can't do it changing 10 players every season. Can we please have continuity of playing staff and continuity of manager for 5 or so seasons. It's the only way of getting the best from the manager, and players.

If the budget is under even more pressure for next season ,I think there is no chance of keeping Simpson , Kuqi , Furman , Lee , Cisak etc .

Season ticket sales will start soonenough & you really haven't a clue what you are puchasing player wise.

Only footy can get away with this , you wouldn't pay for a top rock/pop band & then find out only 1 original member was playing or it was a tribute band ......

If we loose Cisak we will keep the other 4- Cisak is going to cost money as he had a 2 year deal. Not sure that we will loose Kuqi either- teams in the Championship didn't want him, and he's not better than some of the strikers in this league. We probably could get Kuqi cheaper next season than this one, as I can't see many teams wanting to pay the wages for a 36 year old who doesn't have long left- as demonstrated by his recent goal scoring drought. Lee might leave but it is basically confirmed he wants to stay locally which limits his options. Furman we apparently have an option for another year (not sure how that works). Simpson might leave but Hudds didn't want him and they aren't romping this league, Wednesday and United have better forwards, MK Dons downwards might not but we keep this squad and we will be up there, so unless its for more money to make moving worthwhile (he lives in Leeds) his options aren't going to be long.

I can see us loosing some players for next season but I don't necessarily think the ones we loose will be better than the ones we don't.