Should I expect anything else?

We were terrible ... No midfield and poor passing Orient wanted it far more !!! Reid looked off the pace and so did Simpson. Tarky was not his usual self. Adeyemi was invisible and Taylor had a mare !!! Only lee and m'changama left the field heads up ... The five mins added could have been 55 ... Result would have been the same

Yeah, don't agree with either of the bits highlighted.

I thought Taylor played well and was unlucky not to get us a point at the end.

Not sure about M'changama - he looks a really untidy player and it only seems about 50/50 of the shots and passes he tries actually come off.

It was very end-of-season stuff; most of our players looked they were thinking about the summer - such a contrast to last Saturday.

The atmosphere was reasonable in the RRE, considering what was on show. Can't stand that "We'll sing on our own, (enter team name) has sh*t fans, we'll sing on our own". In last night's case, I don't think any of the 70-odd Orient fans could be considered "sh*t fans" after travelling 200 miles on a Tuesday night to support their team.

Edited by JoeP

Huffed and puffed, Bunn non existent. Diallo really shaky start especially with his positioning, then he picked up before getting totally skinned for their goal. Such a shame morais is out as he has been our best player recently.

I would be very surprised if Bunn started on Saturday.. unless we got him in on the understanding that he starts every game... nah surely not. :wink:

One thing nobody has addressed was Diallo getting killed down the left about 20 times tonight, I was thinking after 15 minutes (he'd already been done about 4 times) we need to change this somehow otherwise that'll undo us, we changed nothing, and come 2nd half it does!!

Had that copy and pasted on my phone last night before it crashed !

Yeah, don't agree with either of the bits highlighted.

I thought Taylor played well and was unlucky not to get us a point at the end.

Not sure about M'changama - he looks a really untidy player and it only seems about 50/50 of the shots and passes he tries actually come off.

It was very end-of-season stuff; most of our players looked they were thinking about the summer - such a contrast to last Saturday.

The atmosphere was reasonable in the RRE, considering what was on show. Can't stand that "We'll sing on our own, (enter team name) has sh*t fans, we'll sing on our own". In last night's case, I don't think any of the 70-odd Orient fans could be considered "sh*t fans" after travelling 200 miles on a Tuesday night to support their team.

Maybe some are thinking why bother - they won't be here after summer.

Edited by BP1960

I can hear the knees jerking from here! That was a tired side out there, yes yes "profezional futbawlers shudnt git trred." They do. Most of them lads are either carrying knocks or are on their way back from injuries and are hardly going to play to the best of their abilities for the 90 after 11 games in about 4 weeks.

Couple of the lads were off their game too last night and then we lost our keeper so the defence were then playing with a lad making his début which doesn't help matters. This left us with 2 subs, Bunn was causing Terrible all sorts of trouble but we didn't get the ball to him enough so appeared quiet and was an obvious candidate to come off, as was Reid who is still working his way back to fitness. He had our best chance first half, could have done better but that was a good save from Rachubka.

Rest of the game we huffed and puffed without sparking, definitely were missing a bit of zip but to be expected after the number of games we have had and the age of our players. Simmo got a few more minutes under his belt after his injury which is good, KMB didn't chin anyone or dive in, Diallo got forward well but needs to work on his defensive duties a bit, Tarky slotted in well, he won't be with us long, some of his "Gerrardesque" balls need to be cut out but great to see a centreback so comfortable on the ball.

Mvoto is on a good run of form, developing a good nasty side to his game, bundled their players off the ball a few times and stayed just on the right side of the law, just! The work he is doing with Taggart is paying off. Cat Stevens looked tired last night, not sure if it was Jupiter I could see in the night sky on the way out of the ground or one of his miss-hit shots? Lee was our best player again last night, Taylor put in a shift too.

Top half isn't an unreasonable expectation, top 10 is probable.

DIALLO - early in his return to fitness, but he looked slow defensively and was regularly outfoxed by the winger. Going forwards he failed to run in to space the often opened up in front of him. On that performance alone he isn't the left back solution that we need. Perhaps a few more games to get in to the groove are the answer.

BUNN - I thought he was half decent on Saturday. I thought he was :censored:e last night. I'll buy the excuse he's playing out of position. Lord knows why we started there when a fresh Marsh-Brown is sat on the bench.

M'CHANGAMA - he may have a shot on him, but it didn't show itself last night. I've counted him taking four free kicks since he joined us. Each one has hit the wall. As a functional "move it around" player he was ok last night. His attacking contributions were poor though.

Diallo wasn't very good, looked unfit and their winger knew he could be beaten. but because we left mellor out of the squad all together he was stuck there. was mellor injured? because i'd have put him on the bench

Bunn is a tough one, because when he got the ball he looked to take the man on and get foward. but he never got the ball. same for KMB when he came on. probably our two most dangerous players and we hoofed it and didnt give them the ball. which is why you need someone like adeyemi to get involved and pass it through midfield, shame he'll just wander around.

Comoros could have scored a blinder on Saturday, but because of that people shouted for him to shoot whenever he got the ball, he did, and he missed. good player though and he puts effort in

i think we lost because orient were organised and came to disrupt us. i cant think of another reason for swapping ends because the sun was going down so it wasnt that and there was no other advantage. they had a passage in the first half that we let them pass it around for a good five minutes ending in a half decent shot, and even terrell forbes only messed up once. a team has something to fight for and plays us at the moment we'll lose, any midtable games coming up and we'll get the points to be safe

I can hear the knees jerking from here! That was a tired side out there, yes yes "profezional futbawlers shudnt git trred." They do. Most of them lads are either carrying knocks or are on their way back from injuries and are hardly going to play to the best of their abilities for the 90 after 11 games in about 4 weeks.

Couple of the lads were off their game too last night and then we lost our keeper so the defence were then playing with a lad making his début which doesn't help matters. This left us with 2 subs, Bunn was causing Terrible all sorts of trouble but we didn't get the ball to him enough so appeared quiet and was an obvious candidate to come off, as was Reid who is still working his way back to fitness. He had our best chance first half, could have done better but that was a good save from Rachubka.

Rest of the game we huffed and puffed without sparking, definitely were missing a bit of zip but to be expected after the number of games we have had and the age of our players. Simmo got a few more minutes under his belt after his injury which is good, KMB didn't chin anyone or dive in, Diallo got forward well but needs to work on his defensive duties a bit, Tarky slotted in well, he won't be with us long, some of his "Gerrardesque" balls need to be cut out but great to see a centreback so comfortable on the ball.

Mvoto is on a good run of form, developing a good nasty side to his game, bundled their players off the ball a few times and stayed just on the right side of the law, just! The work he is doing with Taggart is paying off. Cat Stevens looked tired last night, not sure if it was Jupiter I could see in the night sky on the way out of the ground or one of his miss-hit shots? Lee was our best player again last night, Taylor put in a shift too.

+1 well said

My worry is our run in. Whilet I think we are save as 3 out of the 4 are pretty much gonners, all the teams left to play still have something to play for. Vey hard run in.

I typed a long and critical rant after last night's game. It disappeared as owtb crashed. Probably a good thing. This is quite long too, but a little bit more to the point.

There's a "square pegs / round holes" issue with Bunn on the left. Fine if needs must, but there's an exciting player called Marsh-Brown sat on the bench, so I don't think Harry's selection was justified. I'm not sure Reid's been bringing enough to the party in recent games either. Perhaps Simpson isn't quite fit, but with Tonk or Bunn as other options in the front two I was surprised to see Reuben start.

So a couple of doubts over team selection.

Then what were our tactics? When we knock it around on the floor we're a half decent team. Last night we hoofed it. Repeatedly. It was :censored:.

Orient only had one threat. The right winger who eventually created the goal. We never really got to grips with him. Diallo's lack of pace was screaming out for Taylor to switch wings and provide more cover - cover that Harry was never going to give.

But despite these things (where the manager must hold his hands up and accept he got it wrong) there are the performances the players on the pitch gave.

In a typical match you'll get two or three who have mediocre games. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. In a great performance that number falls to 0 or 1. Just about everybody offers something.

Last night no fewer than SIX failed to put in a performance. These guys need to look in the mirror and ask themselves how they are going to give the fans more going in to the next game against Notts County and in to the end of the season. There is no way you can expect to get results when half the team put in a :censored: performance.

DIALLO - early in his return to fitness, but he looked slow defensively and was regularly outfoxed by the winger. Going forwards he failed to run in to space the often opened up in front of him. On that performance alone he isn't the left back solution that we need. Perhaps a few more games to get in to the groove are the answer.

BUNN - I thought he was half decent on Saturday. I thought he was :censored:e last night. I'll buy the excuse he's playing out of position. Lord knows why we started there when a fresh Marsh-Brown is sat on the bench.

ADEYEMI - given the absence of Furman and Wesolowski, this lad has had a great opportunity to impose himslef on the team and the games. I think there's a decent player in there but he needs to show himself. There might be a time in the future where he looks back and thinks to himself that he blew the opportunity to make a name for himself during his time at Oldham. Far too many mathces like last night where he has simply disappeared in games - for 90 minutes. I know the likes of Matt Spring have got a little bit of class at this level and that can make it difficult, but I cannot recall one serious contribution from Tom last night.

M'CHANGAMA - he may have a shot on him, but it didn't show itself last night. I've counted him taking four free kicks since he joined us. Each one has hit the wall. As a functional "move it around" player he was ok last night. His attacking contributions were poor though.

KUQI - his worst performance in a Latics shirt. Not sure how he didn't put the ball in to an empty net in the second half. We got a corner from it but it looked to me like he was slow getting to it, giving a defender the chance to intervene.

REID - this should be a time where, on return from injury, a player is reaching his peak. He's had game time and should be sharp. But my mother-in-law's dog has a better knowledge of the offside rule than Reuben. Two games running he's cost us possession and opportunity by being stood offside when there's absolutely no need to be.

The rest were ok with he exception of Keiran Lee - he was magnificent.

You mean that we start a winger on the wing as opposed to a striker? What is this madness you talk about?

Kuqi needs dropping, yes he puts in a shift but everything just bounced off him last night.

Adeyemi need's someone who has more experience in midfield next to him.

M'changama looks decent, but as you say, his attacking contributions was minimal last night.

Feel you've been a bit harsh on Diallo, he's been out 5&half months, plays an hour in reserves, then plays the full 90 minutes twice in a few days.

Feel Tounkara and Bunn should start upfront on saturday, but there's Simpson aswell. Whatever Dickov does, Kuqi and Reid shouldn't be up top on Saturday, but we all know Kuqi will still be starting as Dickov won't drop him.