Should I expect anything else?

My boo boy after a frustrating night is Tom adeyemi! Zero contribution! Surely tonkara would have been worth an introduction. As for Reid, he spent most of the game offside.

It was written in the stars that we would lose tonight.

Orient had only won one in eight...it was obvious they would win...we are that predictable.

Roll on the points safety mark and the end of the season.

Huffed and puffed, Bunn non existent. Diallo really shaky start especially with his positioning, then he picked up before getting totally skinned for their goal. Such a shame morais is out as he has been our best player recently.

Edited by welshgaz

Bad day at the office tonight, too much kick and rush.

Offensively we were poor tonight with reid and kuqi ineffective. Their keeper hardly broke sweat.

Only taylor and lee did themselves any justice tonight imo.

Basically we lost because they were a better footballing side tonight.

We were terrible ... No midfield and poor passing Orient wanted it far more !!! Reid looked off the pace and so did Simpson. Tarky was not his usual self. Adeyemi was invisible and Taylor had a mare !!! Only lee and m'changama left the field heads up ... The five mins added could have been 55 ... Result would have been the same

My boo boy after a frustrating night is Tom adeyemi! Zero contribution! Surely tonkara would have been worth an introduction. As for Reid, he spent most of the game offside.

Adeyemi gave a fine impression of the invisible man tonight.

We were terrible ... No midfield and poor passing Orient wanted it far more !!! Reid looked off the pace and so did Simpson. Tarky was not his usual self. Adeyemi was invisible and Taylor had a mare !!! Only lee and m'changama left the field heads up ... The five mins added could have been 55 ... Result would have been the same

Really ?.....i thought he was one of our better players tonight, at least he put some effort in, unlike some.

That was pathetic Mr Dickov , you will be lucky to get 2,500 next game.

How on earth is Reid getting a start & why bother bringing Tounkara back ?

Why is our best footballer twiddling his thumbs on the bench for an hour ?

Reis & Kuqi could have been taken off after 20 minutes , with Simpson & 1 other coming on.

Simpson & Marsh-Brwon created more in 20 minutes than the first 70.

Why not go for it & make early changes when it is clearly not working , how on earth modern managers would cope with only 1 sub I have no idea.

I am still raging with anger ,that was a disgrace.

That was pathetic Mr Dickov , you will be lucky to get 2,500 next game.

How on earth is Reid getting a start & why bother bringing Tounkara back ?

Why is our best footballer twiddling his thumbs on the bench for an hour ?

Reis & Kuqi could have been taken off after 20 minutes , with Simpson & 1 other coming on.

Simpson & Marsh-Brwon created more in 20 minutes than the first 70.

Why not go for it & make early changes when it is clearly not working , how on earth modern managers would cope with only 1 sub I have no idea.

I am still raging with anger ,that was a disgrace.

But the question must be asked what do you expect???

Latics are like cigarettes to the loyal hardcore,its an addiction!why on earth else would you go and watch that calibre of football for 15quid.

I'll not go over old ground on dickove my feelings on the manager are well known.

As for Bunn,i saw enough of him after 10mins to see he was gash.

As for others,well,like i said Lee,morais,cisak furman are fine,the rest? Thanks but no thanks..

I typed a long and critical rant after last night's game. It disappeared as owtb crashed. Probably a good thing. This is quite long too, but a little bit more to the point.

There's a "square pegs / round holes" issue with Bunn on the left. Fine if needs must, but there's an exciting player called Marsh-Brown sat on the bench, so I don't think Harry's selection was justified. I'm not sure Reid's been bringing enough to the party in recent games either. Perhaps Simpson isn't quite fit, but with Tonk or Bunn as other options in the front two I was surprised to see Reuben start.

So a couple of doubts over team selection.

Then what were our tactics? When we knock it around on the floor we're a half decent team. Last night we hoofed it. Repeatedly. It was :censored:.

Orient only had one threat. The right winger who eventually created the goal. We never really got to grips with him. Diallo's lack of pace was screaming out for Taylor to switch wings and provide more cover - cover that Harry was never going to give.

But despite these things (where the manager must hold his hands up and accept he got it wrong) there are the performances the players on the pitch gave.

In a typical match you'll get two or three who have mediocre games. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. In a great performance that number falls to 0 or 1. Just about everybody offers something.

Last night no fewer than SIX failed to put in a performance. These guys need to look in the mirror and ask themselves how they are going to give the fans more going in to the next game against Notts County and in to the end of the season. There is no way you can expect to get results when half the team put in a :censored: performance.

DIALLO - early in his return to fitness, but he looked slow defensively and was regularly outfoxed by the winger. Going forwards he failed to run in to space the often opened up in front of him. On that performance alone he isn't the left back solution that we need. Perhaps a few more games to get in to the groove are the answer.

BUNN - I thought he was half decent on Saturday. I thought he was :censored:e last night. I'll buy the excuse he's playing out of position. Lord knows why we started there when a fresh Marsh-Brown is sat on the bench.

ADEYEMI - given the absence of Furman and Wesolowski, this lad has had a great opportunity to impose himslef on the team and the games. I think there's a decent player in there but he needs to show himself. There might be a time in the future where he looks back and thinks to himself that he blew the opportunity to make a name for himself during his time at Oldham. Far too many mathces like last night where he has simply disappeared in games - for 90 minutes. I know the likes of Matt Spring have got a little bit of class at this level and that can make it difficult, but I cannot recall one serious contribution from Tom last night.

M'CHANGAMA - he may have a shot on him, but it didn't show itself last night. I've counted him taking four free kicks since he joined us. Each one has hit the wall. As a functional "move it around" player he was ok last night. His attacking contributions were poor though.

KUQI - his worst performance in a Latics shirt. Not sure how he didn't put the ball in to an empty net in the second half. We got a corner from it but it looked to me like he was slow getting to it, giving a defender the chance to intervene.

REID - this should be a time where, on return from injury, a player is reaching his peak. He's had game time and should be sharp. But my mother-in-law's dog has a better knowledge of the offside rule than Reuben. Two games running he's cost us possession and opportunity by being stood offside when there's absolutely no need to be.

The rest were ok with he exception of Keiran Lee - he was magnificent.

Edited by opinions4u

Never been a fan of Reid. Hate the way he strolls around pointing for the goal kicks to go to a certain spot and when they get to him he hardly even jumps. His whole body language looks like he's on the streets 'chillin' rather than on the pitch.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

Simpson didn't even have time to get into the game!

Whoever plays right wing is always going to have the platform to have a good game mainly because they have lee playing behind them who was immense again and I thought taylor had one of his best games for ages . I think bunn is a decent player but hes been absolutely starved of service last two games. Diallo was awful for me . Failed to stop crosses all game long looks very slow and distribution is poor , I know he has been out for a long period but even basic things were terrible last night. Main priority in the summer has to be a new left back . Personally I think mellor has been the best of a bad bunch but in general we have been shocking in that position all season looks like diallo will play there till the end of the season. Maybe clone kieran lee but swap his legs round . I thought mvoto was immense last night (I criticised him recently) heard him shouting and organising in the first half really impressed with his overall display . Seems big jean is a confidence player and his performances are getting better after a fairly poor season so far. Tarky was trying too many gerrard passes last night but I do like him and his attitude he needs to stay fit and have a good preseason . We miss furman so much mainly because not on one occasion I can remember did our central midfielders take an easy pass from a defender turn and keep possession . Thats what furman does so well its not hard but its effective and thats the way to start attacks not the hoof forward looking for flickons and scraps . I think youseff should be doing this role from now on hes got the technical ability he should sit deep break up attacks and find passes . I would give tom a rest on saturday and play simpson centre mid which gives us an opportunity to have someone who actually wants the ball . Id go .... Cisak/bouzanis ..lee..mvoto..brown( if fit )tarky if not ....diallo .. Taylor ..youseff ..simpson ..kmb..bunn ..kuqi.

This site crashing last night probably stopped a stack of unhappy punters having their say.

Bunn clearly is not a wide player /winger.Like his dad hs is lacking in pace , we haven't seen him in a central role to know of his ability there.

When Diallo was skinned for the winner and the cross came in ,I did think that was the type of delivery that Brown cleared away all day on Saturday.

We simply do not score enough goals or even look like scoring them &this has gone on since the start of the year,with the one oddity of Sheff U excepted.

Tounkara will no doubt get a start now in an away game and hardly see the ball , he should have played last night , Reid is not playing well enough to justify a start imo.

I thought both central midfield lads were anonymous last night.

I thought Taylor & Lee were probably the only ones who deserved to get paid last night.